Trying to get on track

Options

Comments

• MrsR68
    MrsR68 Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    Do you find the Wii good for weight lose, I need to exercise more in 2015.
    Well done on making a start.:)
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    Well done on remaining even! If I stood on the scales it would likely creak... I must have whumped on half a stone in the last 3 weeks. Deary me. Can't wait until I can exercise other than walking. I find walking so boring. Just me and my brain, and a nice but wholly same/same view.

P.S as predicted - procrastinating away instead of meal planning. I will meal plan before midnight! x
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Mrs R, I gotta confess. I only use the wii as scales. Have never used the exercise bits though I know others who swear by them. Lilt, do you ever catch an early night? Where do you get that energy?
    Today is return to work day. I'm really not looking forward to it but know I'll be fine after the first five mins. I suppose I should be grateful that I'm fit to go as this time last year, I was totally out of it on painkillers having had knee surgery on 3rd jan. Apart from paying the credit card, yesterday was an NSD. Furthermore, we ate out of the freezer and are now totally up to date with both laundry and ironing. I also heeded greying's new approach and suggested that we only took half of the garlic bread from the freezer. If it had all been cooked, it would all have been eaten. As it was, we had ample. Anyhow, a minor resolution is to get underway by eight o'clock each morning so gotta go. Hope everyone has a good day and finds lots to be grateful for.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    First day back to work today and thought things were going ok. Just after four I found out that one of my staff has accepted a new job. I'm so annoyed. She sat through a planning meeting and didn't say anything. She also gave details for a reference and never mentioned it. We found out when the reference request came from the new employer. I feel really let down by her behaviour. I'm also annoyed that I didn't hear from anyone else as I'm sure she would have discussed it with some others. I'm also wondering if her issue was with me and am trying to figure out what I did that was so wrong that she couldn't talk to me but is just going. She has also lined up work that we will struggle to cover.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Brogden
    Brogden Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Options
    First day back to work today and thought things were going ok. Just after four I found out that one of my staff has accepted a new job. I'm so annoyed. She sat through a planning meeting and didn't say anything. She also gave details for a reference and never mentioned it. We found out when the reference request came from the new employer. I feel really let down by her behaviour. I'm also annoyed that I didn't hear from anyone else as I'm sure she would have discussed it with some others. I'm also wondering if her issue was with me and am trying to figure out what I did that was so wrong that she couldn't talk to me but is just going. She has also lined up work that we will struggle to cover.

Don't over think it INOD - peeps are peeps and you just can't keep them all happy.

You didn't call her 'a nutter' though did you? ;)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,471 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Bit cheeky to not ask if ok for ref though.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Thanks mr b. no I didn't call her a nutter. I may be tempted though as the firm she's going to has the same disadvantages as the one she left to join us 6 months ago. I can't cope with duplicity.
  • Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Bit cheeky to not ask if ok for ref though.

Totally agree, infact I'd go so far to say as it's downright rude.

INOD - I'd be furious if one of my staff did that in my old job - participating in meetings that they know they're not going to be following through on is really poor.

Hope you get the opportunity to discuss it with them in an exit interview and give the benefit of your wisdom and position. :)
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    Oh INOD your employee sounds like you are better off without her anyway, Job-hopping, for seemingly no reason after 6 months, leaving you in the lurch, not having the balls to tell you about the other job and letting you find out on a reference request. I do hope you refused to give it; I would have done. There isn't much good can be said of her! I sincerely hope that she hates her new job and all it's disadvantages ;)

And don't think it is you, seems to me that it is an open and shut case of an immature person being a muppet.

Ali - you are so much more grown up than I. I'm more of a , 'don't let the door hit you on the way out' kinda girl. But then I am kind of like that in most areas. I don't overthink things, and am very stubborn. Both good and bad qualities I suppose.
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • Brogden
    Brogden Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Options

.......seems to me that it is an open and shut case of an immature person being a muppet.

That is the most classic quote Lilt :) !!

You should be a barrister or judge (perhaps you are!)

Brogden x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport