PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2014 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• LESLAMP
    LESLAMP Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    NSD here does help that the weather is pants. :( Lots of chores being done instead!:T
    Credit Card £[STRIKE]2332.04[/STRIKE] at 1st Jan 14 now £2089 :mad:
    Joint debts currently £[STRIKE]25000[/STRIKE] £17388 Debt Free date dec [STRIKE]Jan 2025[/STRIKE] :(2022:)

PAD since 20/08/15 £61.16
  • flyinggiraffe_2
    Options
    Hi all, thanks to everyone who helps to keep the thread running. I don't post too often, but lurk frequently and I love getting new ideas on meals to try out.

Could I be put down for £140 please? This will run for 4 weeks until the 28th January.

First spend of the budget was £7.35 on soft drinks for the NYE Party last night.
  • xxlouisexx56
    xxlouisexx56 Posts: 2,267 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Having been missing for a few months I am back.

£250 for this month please :)
  • maryarm
    maryarm Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    its been a while since i have done this but really need to get back on track.
    can you put me down for £500 please
    thats for everything for 2 adults, 4 childen,1 dog and 1 cat!!
    fingers crossed
    Sealed pot challenge #310
    :beer:
  • angelatgraceland
    Options
    loobylou2 wrote: »
    Can I join the thread please and could you put me down for £320.00 That's for myself, OH, 3 children and 4 cats. I want to empty the cupboards/fridge and freezer this month if I can and avoid the shops like the plague. Spend today £5.09 on sugar as we'd run out, paper for OH, Marshmallows for DD1 who is baking a cake and a small miniature bottle of Prosecco for myself as it is New Years Day. I don't really want to have to buy anything apart from Milk and Bread until the 15th when I get paid if I can so we'll have to see how things go but I am really determined to get the grocery bill down this year. Have already decided to downshift as much as I humanly possibly can with the grocery shop and am giving up my addiction to Coca Cola so that's a small start I guess, need to persuade the cats to start eating cheaper cat food though!!!!!

Do you feed your cats tinned food? When I see it reduced or on offer I often buy mine a tray of minced beef or the bbef and pork from lidl. Cat food is 80% water whereas this is all good meat. They need much less so it doesn't work out more expensive-mine like it raw. If I am cooking with mince I usually give the cats some!
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • mrsmortenharket
    Options
    Thanks for adding me to the list x

Not spent anything today.

xxx
  • Sequeena
    Sequeena Posts: 4,728 Forumite
    Options
    I'm a bit late but please put me down for 70 per week. My month runs from December 27th to January 24th.
    Wife and mother :j
    Grocery budget
    April week 1 - £42.78 | week 2 - £53.05
    24lbs in 12 weeks 15/24
  • allie23
    allie23 Posts: 1,858 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Freezer and cupboard inventory done. I just need to sit down and do a meal plan based on what we have in. Should be enough to do us for at least a week or possibly two weeks with a little spend.
    Save 12k in 2024 Challenge
    Frugal living Challenge 2024
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello & Happy New Year :hello:

Can I join in please; it’s been a long time since I did this challenge and have been slipping back into old habits for some months – menu planning has been non-existent, losing track of what’s in the freezer/fridge/store cupboard and disgusting myself with what I have been wasting.

So from today it’s the new, organised, motivated, saving N2BT that has emerged from the ashes of 2013.

Like others my freezer is well stocked but I will still set a target of £60 for January. If I use the fresh stuff wisely I really shouldn’t need to buy anything for about 2 weeks, so in my little world I have decided that for every nsd I will put £2 (rounding up rather than down) in the collection of money jars I have just arranged.

NSD no 1 = Ka..ching :T
  • monks
    monks Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Please could i join again, rarely post but always lurking!!! My aim this year is £50 a week for four of us - to include food, household, toiletries, nappies, wipes and any school meals. My goal is to try and spend less than this and anything left will go into christmas fund, even if couple of pound a week all helps! Good start - Nsd today not going out in rain.Thanks to all that run thread and sorry cant get colour to work.
    Annual GC £3000- £2600

EF#176 - £1000/£1000
    Weight loss 0/7
    Clutter free challenge 1500/2019
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business