PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2014 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Chelski123
    Options
    I have my new spending diary and I am very pleased that from 2014 my daughter is going to start using one too! I bought the diaries a while ago as she always asks for one so now she has 2 in different sizes-one for appointments and one for spending. I have the same. The smaller one in my bag I can always note things in and transfer it later to my big one. I will be setting up my new spreadsheets also and listing all of my accounts etc to keep track!

Where did u get the diaries from? And which ones are they. ? Thanks
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    still deciding on budget this month but planning on having a use up what I have month.... and also will be endeavouring to meal plan.

Happy New Year to all x
  • crafty_witch
    Options
    Well, I'm in the middle of sorting out my kitchen cupboards and then onto the fridge and freezer, and it turns out that I have the making of many more meals than I thought. I tell you, hoarders next day has nothing on me when it comes to food :rotfl:

Have decided not to do a big shop until I can actually see space to put it, so think I might have over estimated this months budget. I'm going to leave it at £200 though, and anything that's left over I'll stock up on soapnuts, and loo roll e.t.c. for the rest of the year.

Still not spent anything so far, but will need to get a few fresh bits by Saturday I think
  • Nikkiclaire
    Options
    So grateful to this challenge (and a few others ) its kept me so focusef. Another no spend day today, so nothing since my lidl shop the other day. Just cooked the reduced price turkey I bought and also managed to sort out things to sell on local for sale site, but thats more to do with sealed pot challenge : )
    Grocery challenge Setting a £20 a week food budget for myself and 6 year old son. Month of jan budget £100.

Shopping spend since 30/12/13 £27/100.

Sealed pot challenge No. 291 ?? -will find out when open it : )
  • Make-it-3
    Make-it-3 Posts: 1,661 Forumite
    Options
    I stuck out GC for the whole of 2012, but got so despondent of failing every month and with food prices constantly rising it felt like swimming against the tide so I ended up skipping out for the whole of 2013.

But its a new year - I'm going to dare to go with the monthly budget I usually set myself back in 2012 of £200. (That's for a calendar month for 2 adults, 1 toddler and 1 cat). Hoping its doable due to lots of Xmas food left.

I'm going to need to plan more, I rarely do YS or buy bulk offers as I am a batch cooking/freezer using novice.
    We Made-it-3 on 28/01/11 with birth of our gorgeous DD.
  • icontinuetodream
    Options
    made 'scotch' pancakes today to have for brunch with bacon and maple syrup.....decided to make double the quantity as vegan so cheap as chips....now have 8 pks of 6 pancakes in the freezer for future breakfasts!!:D

still no spending since solstice other than 2 loads of milk...doing brilliantly on keeping out of the shops and intend to keep it up ;)!!
    Mortgage 12.12.12 £55842 12.12.13 £42716 14.12.14 £28837 13.12.15 £25913
    Mortgage OP £50/£600 House Fund £420/£5000
  • lovefullshelves
    Options
    Please can I go down for £200 this month:) I had and emergency hysterectomy and wasn't the one spending and shopping, thats why I dissapeared!! Hopefully now I can manage to keep more of an eye on him! Thanks x
    2013 NSD 100. CC2014CC- £31.50/£135
    2014 NSD 86 so far - May 20/21
    2014 G/C spend £741.55 so far May £107.99/£91
    Debt Free - 30.05.13 Emergency tin - £1000
    June 23 - 9NSD
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    hi im back from this morning that's impressive amount of weight to shift SHE! well done . well I trundled the 2 miles there and was first in line ended up getting great ys meats again wont bore you all with what I got but they were good and I trailed myself and trolley back home that's me deffo no more food buying at all. had to put 15p towards my winning scratch card so filled /squeezed last freezer and now cant move think I have done a workout pulling the trolley. good luck all xxx
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • gingermomma
    Options
    can i join please this is my first time doing it so will say £350 for jan and see how i go on from there
    Saving as much money as possible in 2014
    spc # 206
    50p savers club # 8
    weight lost 0/154lbs
    2014 grocery challenge £350 jan
  • hamish222
    hamish222 Posts: 716 Forumite
    Options
    Can I try again please. Going for annual budget of £3500. That is for me dh and cat. I am having a separate £100 a month budget for takeaways / eating out / magazines (that kind of thing). But hoping to be well under £100 as diet starts Monday and trying to curb that kind of frivolous spending. Can pop out at lunch time and spend £20 on nothing.
    Yearly Grocery Budget - £100.77/ £3500. January Treats Budget - £11.80 / £100.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure