🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Goals for 2014

Options

Comments

• Newyorkdreams
    Options
    Sounds like your doing just grand to me KT! Cutting up the cards is a massive step and your not putting any more credit onto them so that is great. I think holidays are a good thing, regardless of how much in debt you are but that's just my humble opinion on things.

Take care xxx
    2019 goal
    0/£15000
  • KT2802
    KT2802 Posts: 595 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Thanks NYD.

I have been procrastinating today and went through all my clothes. Got some summer things out of the loft (hence the rain!)

Feel so ashamed about the mountain of clothes I have and the mountain of debt from said clothes. Thinking about doing a car boot to get rid of a lot of it - won't get anywhere near what I paid for things but will be something to put towards the debt.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    1. Get sugar control (I'm diabetic)
    had blood test on Thursday, currently awaiting results but no expectation that these will be good
    2. put savings in best place possible
    we now have £8k earning 1.3% more pa than our mortgage costs. Still hold £1k in current account and have £201 in real cash pot
    3. Make mortgage annual overpayments equivalent to 4x monthly payment plus interest
    managed q1, q2 progressing slowly but i'm determined on this one. overpaid £26.75 today from coupon savings, deals and TT. sig to be updated
    4. Lose weight. Now at 14 stone 10lbs on 03 May. Need to start averaging a loss of 1lb a week.
    didn't weigh in this week
    5. Declutter
    three items currently drying before heading to charity
    6. Take garden in hand
    did a small bit of weeding and sorted some pots. the prob is that it's so wet!
    7. expand 'flylady' daily routines
    I wish:sad:
    8. Get rid of ugly clothes bought because they fit and not cos they were nice.
    1 en route to charity shop plus 4 purchases en route to return

9. Appreciate my home and make it nicer
    another few things tackled e.g. flowers in living room
    10.be more disciplined in my job
    struggling at present. feel really overwhelmed
    11. Be less wasteful
    I think this is becoming more of a habit
    12. Donate
    see 5
    13. eat out less, fewer takeaways (inc lunch)
    see 11 but lots of room for improvement re lunch
    14. Move, as in exercise, at least twice a week
    did 1 session this week - :( must do better
    So, things are ticking over but still lots of room for improvement. Hopefully. if I revisit at end of August, no 14 will go up to 3 or higher:eek::eek:

hope things are good with you all.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 50% through my pb challenge.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh god this whole month has been a write off cos I have just being taking the easy route rather than the right one.

Added a bit to the debt with eating out & shopping.

This is also not helping my weight.

Been back on track today & I can & will do this.

Will be updating my debt lists on Friday when I get paid so we will see how the total has moved down.

Also will be adding to the Home savings pot which by some miracle has not been touched.

Currently have £630.00 in there so will defo try to get that upto £1000.00 this month.

At least something is going right.

Hope you are all well.

Dxxx
  • Newyorkdreams
    Newyorkdreams Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 1 June 2014 at 9:59PM
    Options
    1. Pay Loans x 3 (£8342) - now £2724 - :) - paid £5618 so far in 2014 (67%). 1 loan gone, 2 loans to go.
    2.Pay & close x 4 CCs (£5764) -
    now £2706- :) paid £3058 so far in 2014 (53%). 3 cards closed. 1 card to go (natwest).
    [COLLAR=#ff00ff]3. Read 6 books - [/COLOR]First book complete (Philomena). Second book complete. The human mind by Robert Winston
    4. Complete photo albums x4 - Album 1 complete :T.
    5.Exercise at least twice a week for 45 mins - No progress
    6. Get to goal weight (10st 8lbs) - Lost 6lbs in total.
    7. Redecorate my bedroom - picked wallpaper for bedroom. Holiday in June won't be happenign due to father's illness so will be reinvesting money into doing up bedroom in July
    8. Say 'no' when I need to - in progress
    9. Pray more - wow - every waking moment
    10. stop wasting fruit and veg - nothing to report
    11. Gut out spare room - rescheduled to April :rotfl: Started! Took a whole load of stuff to the recycling centre on Monday. Going to sell lovely curtains on ebay and target the next lot of stuff in a couple of weeks

NYD x
    2019 goal
    0/£15000
  • Newyorkdreams
    Options
    Hi Everyone - just wanted to celebrate that we have paid off 30% of our debt!!! Yippppeeeeeee xxx
    2019 goal
    0/£15000
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Brilliant news. The next mile stone will be a third gone. You're doing really well
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 50% through my pb challenge.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy well done you NYD

Dxxx
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    weekly update 1. Get sugar control (I'm diabetic)
    abysmal but there's hopefully a lbm here
    2. put savings in best place possible
    we now have £8k earning 1.3% more pa than our mortgage costs. Still hold £1k in current account and £201 in real cash
    3. Make mortgage annual overpayments equivalent to 4x monthly payment plus interest
    managed q1, q2 progressing slowly but i'm determined on this one
    4. Lose weight. Now at 14 stone 10lbs on 03 May. Need to start averaging a loss of 1lb a week.
    no change at all this week
    5. Declutter
    5 items to charity this week
    6. Take garden in hand
    today's task activity will count towards 1 & 14
    7. expand 'flylady' daily routines
    I wish:sad:
    8. Get rid of ugly clothes bought because they fit and not cos they were nice.
    one item to charity shop, 5 returned to shop

9. Appreciate my home and make it nicer
    2 household items to charity
    10.be more disciplined in my job
    struggling at present. feel really overwhelmed
    11. Be less wasteful
    so so
    12. Donate
    see 5
    13. eat out less, fewer takeaways (inc lunch)
    brought lunch 1 day, it was provided 1 day and went home for lunch 1 day
    14. Move, as in exercise, at least twice a week
    not good
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Eurghhhhhhhhhhh I have paid off all the bills this month & I am left with £120.00.

I have a wedding to go to, a girls night out plus a lunch.

This is is not going to be possible.

Dxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills