Goals for 2014

Options

Comments

• sugartree
    Options
    Good Evening everyone,

Glad to see so many still working towards there goals and many newcomers too.

My Update for today.

"1, Make an overpayment of £1.5k on the mortgage
    2, Decorate & tile my bathroom, bedroom and DS's Bedroom......(and potty train and get him into a big boys bed!) -
    3, replace guttering
    4, Declutter (ongoing with 2 kids!)

On a personal level;

5, Get a better camera (saving up swagbucks, surveys etc for this) and get more involved with photography. Still haven't got round to reading the mag, but sticking with swagbucks etc but it's really a struggle to just make 30 bucks a day.
    6, Finally have a family holiday even if it's just 4 days on a Sun Deal. Forgot to buy the paper today, but seen a really good deal for our preferred date and location, so paying the deposit tomorrow. May try for a 4 day break with Sun for Sept.
    7, continue walking through and visiting the local country side.
    8, Volunteer, even if it's not regular...... "

Adding to my list - replace lost Driving licence and (finally) update my address on it! DONE!

Looking forward to everyone's update tomorrow :T:T:T
    Oh I do want to live in Countryside.......with the kids, pets and LOTS of books.........
    £2020 in 2020 challenge #90 - £274.37/£2020
    2020 penny challenge

• sugartree
    sugartree Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Where is everyone? Have we given up already! :p
    Oh I do want to live in Countryside.......with the kids, pets and LOTS of books.........
    2020 penny challenge

• Newyorkdreams
    Options
    Hi Sugar Tree! No throwing in the towel here, just baby steps! lol

1. Pay Loans (£7842) - now £7139 - :)
    2.Pay & close 5 4 CCs (£8000) - now £7707 - :) and closed one card!

3. Read 6 books - STARTED first book - Philomena - 8 chapters in - :)
    4. Complete photo albums x4 - going to sort out my Oz 2012 photos for my album on my laptop this weekend that I will need to print. Max 100 photos (I took about 800...eek!) - :)
    5.Exercise at least twice a week for 45 mins - no progress as yet - :(
    6. Get to my goal weight (10st 3lbs) - diet started on Monday and feeling great, really sticking to it and drinking lots of water - :)
    7. Redecorate my bedroom - no plans until March
    8. Say 'no' when I need to - have said 'no' twice this year to requests when I needed to, even though I felt awful about it and felt guilty - it's progress for me :)
    9. Save £3000 for maternity fund - saved £50 :)
    10. Pray more - have made a real conscious effort to do this and have have prayed every night since NYD - :)
    11. stop wasting fruit and veg - nothing wasted this week yet although green beans are starting to look a bit wilted so might have to use them tomorrow somehow! :)
    12. Gut out spare room - going to do another bit at the weekend - target to get the christmas stuff up the loft and suitcases and start to go through drawers to see what is for the bin, charity shop/cashforclothes or car boot sale me and my friends are going to do in the spring

NYD x
    2019 goal
    0/£15000
  • sugartree
    Options
    Good to see you NYD.

Wow 8 chapters in just 8 days! That brilliant, well done. :T:T

Which Author would you say inspires you most?

I'm certainly glad to be back in routine - After getting back from the school run I managed to clear out some bits (broken crayons, hair clips, old make up etc) from various places and created a new tool box from and old crayon tub - I don't really understand why I had some many tool related items in so many different places! I have that achievement feeling bubbling inside.

I then took some stuff from the shed and made a trip to the tip on the way to work! Yay me.

I also paid a deposit for our summer holiday and so looking forward to it, just got to do some overtime to help pay it off.

Onwards and upwards................tomorrow I really need to start thinking about my monthly budgets for holiday saving and Mortgage repayments. :money::money:

Keep up the good work, I hope some more of you pop in tomorrow :D
    2020 penny challenge

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Haven't given up yet. Have just decided that I will update each Sunday otherwise the 2015 resolutions will have to include restrict MSE time. These threads are seriously addictive and so good at conscience pricking too!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • angelbob
    angelbob Posts: 551 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    angelbob wrote: »
    My 2014 goals are:
    1. Pay off £5000 of Debt paid £93.52 this week
    2. Find a new job no luck yet
    3. Take a trip to Wales booked for Oct :j
    4. Sell, sell, sell on Ebay, Facebook, bootfairs sold £61 of treasures this week
    5. More walking yes been walking in town instead of driving
    6. Loose 2 stone need to weigh myself
    7. Buy a new sofa with cash hmm not yet
    8. Write 3000 & 8000 word essays start today
    9. Sort & tidy attic and shed not yet
    10. Paint outside wall too wet

hoping to update every month on the 1st xx

I've decided to update every week instead of monthly, be easier to stick to it and to find my posts xx
    Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2023 #59 £7008 Paid £570 Owing £6438 #1 H1 £151, #2 H2 £100, #3 O £200, #4 M £1500, #5 Z £295, #6 C1 £340, #7 L £1084, #8 N £840, #9 C2 £1930
  • danielleb1989
    Options
    Goals for 2014:
    1.Pay off my overdraft and cc (around £800) Paid £100 off overdraft
    2.Save £6000 towards a deposit for a house (this will be a tough one!):eek: Waiting for payday(25th of the month)
    3.Graduate Completed assignment woop!
    4.Complete online Teaching Assistant course Will start some reading later on
    5.Start Volunteering I start next Thursday
    6.Change jobs Currently relies on 3, 4 + 5

It's great to see everyone's goals and how they are getting on :) helps to motivate me with mine!
    Danielle
    x
    Goals for 2014:
    Pay off my overdraft and cc (£500/£800),Save £6000 towards a deposit for a house (£350/£6,000), Graduate, Complete online Teaching Assistant course and Start Volunteering (started Thursday 16th Jan)
    Change jobs
  • scrimper88
    Options
    Every January i put a list in my wallet and tick off throughout the year.
    This year...

pay off cc (1600)
    Save at least 200 in loose change
    sort out my HSBC default
    New car
    save 2k towards our wedding
    and in my eyes the most important one.... stop stressing over silly little things and make more time for my fiance and beautiful baby daughter :)
  • Newyorkdreams
    Options
    Just wanted to share that I went to my first slimming class of the year and I stayed the same weight over Christmas and New Year!!! :jOh my goodness, 1 question....HOW???? :D

Never mind...I'm taking it and not questioning it....lol

So I'm 100% totally and utterly back on the wagon ladies and gents.

Now....who is with me to get super slim, confident, healthy and happy in 2014????? :)

THIS IS OUR YEAR.

NYD x
    2019 goal
    0/£15000
  • EverTheOptimist
    EverTheOptimist Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 January 2014 at 5:00AM
    Options
    Hi all

Goals for 2014

Pay off credit card - recent addition to my purse, but on 0% for 18 months. - week 2 - no further change.
    Contribute to my weekly savings account as per challenge - week 2 - £2 paid
    Negotiate part time hours at work - need to write the letter to arrange a meeting.... Procrastinating.
    Take little man for a walk in buggy at least 3 times per week - week 2 - 0/3 both been poorly
    Be better organised with meal planning to stop wasting food. - been living on cereal, couldn't be bothered to cook.
    Be better organised with housework - allocate one room per day on a rolling system Week 2 - our room done. Ensuite done, spare room tidied, nursery hoovered, stairs hoovered.
    Declutter wardrobes and drawers in bedroom - week 2 - wardrobes started, under bed done and found gifts cards totalling £57. :j:j
    Lose weight - at least 1 stone - week 2 - 3lbs on OMG :eek:
    Eat at least 3/5 fruit and veg per day - week 2 - mmmm let me see... :rotfl:
    Reduce my misc spends - Week 2 - so far £0 / £5 :j
    Read 4 books - week 2 - 0/4
    No buying toiletries - I haven't bought any. :j
    Organise photos and albums - week 2 - no change
    Be a nicer person - ????Have I been???? Been too ill to mix with people so no need to be nicer. :rotfl:
    SPC 14 Target £200 /
    Debt: £11850
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family