Goals for 2014

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Fab thread!!!

1. Save £5000 (want to buy a house so this will be a start)
    2. Weigh 10st 7lbs (long long longgggggggg road)
    3. Get into exercise (I am a lazy sod)
    4. Keep to my shopping budget (Not good at this at all)
    5. Get a job (This should probably have been number 1! Oops)
    6. Pass my driving test (Theory passes 13th December 2013)

I am sure that is it.

We should keep this thread active while updating on our goals as we achieve them.

Dxxx

UPDATEEEEEEEEEE.

1. Hmmmm no update as yet - savings still at £0.00

2. I lost 7lbs this week. Nearly fainted when I got on the scales. Now that is the first week so it is always a big loss but with that to get me started then I would be more than happy with 1lb a week from now on.

3. God I am so lazy it is unreal, I just think about it & I am tired out.

4. We under spent on our weekly shop again this week so this at least is going very well so far.

5. I got a job!!!! The interview by jings what a palaver. First a data entry & listening exercise with the agency. Then 1/2 day assessment with the employer. 1st a data entry & listening exercise along with a written report. 2nd a group discussion to see how you interact & also your questioning skills. 3rd a role play call & a written report in a timed exercise. THEN only if you passed all that did you get invited to interview. Thankfully I did & they have offered me a position but 1/2 of the group they just let go after spending hours in there. I am still waiting on them to confirm a salary so that should happen Monday. Starting date is to be confirmed too so will let you all know.

6. Still keeping up with the lessons on Friday I was on the dual carriageway!!! Getting onto it is the scary part sheesh! Anyway don't tell a soul but I have booked my test for 3rd February. Now I don't want loads of pressure on me so I haven't told a soul that I know in real life just all you fabulous virtual pals that I now have.

So yeah that is pretty much it.

Dxxx
  • sugartree
    sugartree Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 January 2022 at 1:05PM
    Options
    Morning Everyone,

Congratulations on the job Dolly Rocker! A great start to a new year.

Been a boring few days for me people:

1, Make an overpayment of £1.5k on the mortgage. NOTHING
    2, Decorate & tile my bathroom, bedroom and DS's Bedroom......(and potty train and get him into a big boys bed!) - Only been checking out Ebay for decorative items for various projects in my head.
    3, replace guttering
    4, Declutter (ongoing with 2 kids!) Have been doing loads! (it feels so good!) And with a few days of next week it's off to the tip, cash4clothes, Free to collector pages.

On a personal level;

5, Get a better camera (saving up swagbucks, surveys etc for this) and get more involved with photography - Will try and read the magazine bought LAST WEEK!!
    6, Finally have a family holiday even if it's just 4 days on a Sun Deal. Paid Deposit! Done a finacial plan for paying balance and spending money. It's a UK holiday and had NHS discount so is cheap as chips!
    7, continue walking through and visiting the local country side.
    8, Volunteer, even if it's not regular...... "

Adding to my list - replace lost Driving licence and (finally) update my address on it! This is done and also sorted out a few other odd jobs that's been on the list for ages (replace smoke alarms and a few roof tiles) Yay!

Going to have a lazy day today with the kids. Plenty of time to think.

Happy Sunday
    Oh I do want to live in Countryside.......with the kids, pets and LOTS of books.........
    £2020 in 2020 challenge #90 - £274.37/£2020
    2020 penny challenge

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    and now for my update

1. Get sugar control (I'm diabetic)
    booked appt for fasting bloods at end of month to create a benchmark
    2. Work out what I need in a savings pot and go for it
    with the help of MSE er, am aiming for £6300 - currently at £3800
    3. Make mortgage overpayments equivalent to 3x monthly payment
    making small overpayments where I've saved & tilly tidied have managed £43.65 which is 6.3% of this quarter's target
    4. Lose weight. Weighed in at 14.5 stone on 01 jan. Am aiming for 14 stone by 01 march
    weighed in this morning - no change
    5. Declutter
    3 items to go to charity shop, 1 on ebay and 2 set aside for free listing day
    6. Take garden in hand
    Nowt - it's cold out there :)
    7. Start 'flylady' daily returns
    nowt
    8. Get rid of ugly clothes bought because they fit and not cos they were nice.
    1 down, 10 million to go!
    9. Appreciate my home and make it nicer
    still dealing with the Christmas aftermath
    10.be more disciplined in my job
    not an issue at present
    11. Be more consistent in dealing with others
    n/a
    12. Be less wasteful
    using up what's in fridge and bread bin before dates expire
    13. Donate
    have identified nearest foodbank - will start walking to it each week as my knee improves. have also got their shopping list and 1 item secured
    14. Volunteer
    n/a
    15. Cook more
    n/a

Dollyrocker, loving the posts and so impressed by the job success
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks & well done on your own update.

We have the year to get these all done.

We shall do it xxx
  • MargB
    MargB Posts: 111 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud! PPI Party Pooper Uniform Washer
    Options
    Well I got on the scales last Wednesday (8th)as I need to lose weight this year.

Yes I have put weight on :-(
    But I'm marking this down as my start. Been eating healthily ever since, so hoping for a loss this Wednesday to get me off to a start

and I've arranged to start Aquarobics with my niece next Thurs.

Little steps, but in the right direction

Marg
    Debts (incl Mortgage) at LBM (24/09/08) £102849 :eek: Now £0. DFD 1st July 2019
  • Melaniep101
    Options
    Here's my update...

1. Pay off both credit cards (£7k and £1600)Made payment of £250 off each (both are 0%)
    2. Save £10k (secret emergency stash)£600 saved this month
    3. Save £100 a month for Christmas 2014Saved £100 this month
    4. Save £50 a month for holidaySaved £50 this month
    5. Read a book a week (got loads of free books on my iPad)not yet started as been in the US with work, start tomorrow!
    6. Listen to a new album every week (free spotify)listened to a Talking Heads album on the plane
    7. Watch a new film every week (I get free cinema tickets very week from my work health insurance plus we have NetflixWatched The Butler, Prisoners and Filth on my flights
    8. Lose 7 stoneImpossible to diet whilst in the US!
    9. Do some exercise every day (very cheap gym membership plus we have fitness games on the xbox)Excuse as above!
    10. Overpay £3500 off the mortgage this year Overpaid £350 this month
    11. Save points from Nectar, nectar adpoints, swagbucks, club card, surveys etc for Christmas 2014need to catch up on this

That'll keep me busy this year!

More updates to follow!
  • danielleb1989
    Options
    Currently have no updates on my goals, but congratulations to everyone else getting on with theirs :)

Only update from me is that I have taken out a Halifax current account to take advantage of the £100 they give you for switching which will help to reduce my overdraft and CC debt.

Lets hope this week proves to be more focussed :)

Danielle
    Goals for 2014:
    Pay off my overdraft and cc (£500/£800),Save £6000 towards a deposit for a house (£350/£6,000), Graduate, Complete online Teaching Assistant course and Start Volunteering (started Thursday 16th Jan)
    Change jobs
  • SpecialBrew_2
    Options
    sugartree wrote: »
    Where is everyone? Have we given up already! :p

To be honest I'd completely forgotten we'd all agreed at some point that we'd keep this thread updated with our progress, and it was only by chance that I noticed it resurfacing and thought I'd have a nose at what everybody else was up to.

Anyway, my major goals for the year are repeated below, with any developments added in blue.
    • Quit smoking. I've wanted to do this for so long and know full well that it probably needs addressing first, but I've been a smoker since I was 15 (34 yrs ago!) and have been too scared to tackle the habit because it's such a longstanding one. Actually, I'm not a smoker any more - according to my spiffy new desktop app, I quit 56 minutes ago. Eek.
    • Build a £100 buffer between me and my overdraft in my current account
    • Clear my debt and fund our holiday in June (including spending money) without resorting to credit
    • Start to build some savings
    • Lose six pounds a month until hitting target weight some time in June
    • Complete a couple of unfinished software projects that could be making money instead of creating new software projects to add to the Unfinished Software Project List
    • Self-publish three short fiction collections before 2015
    • Set aside time each week for a family board game, as well as one-on-one chats every week with all my Important People (AKA The Kids :) ). I've achieved this each week without thinking about it, mostly because I bought a board game at Christmas that my eleven-year-old enjoys, her sister never stops talking anyway so every day involves a one-on-one chat with her, and my sons (who have both left home now) have each remembered more than once to pop by and see us before we forget what they look like :)
    Little on the face of it, but the year is still young and I am aiming to focus mostly on the 'quit smoking' thing (1 hr and 7 minutes now - go me :rotfl:) for the next week or two as I really do think that stands between me and a lot of other things I want to do.

Well done to everyone else making strides, however small :T
    December 'Make £10 A Day' Challenge - £1.82/£155.00
  • Melaniep101
    Options
    Well done on the not smoking SpecialBrew! I quit on October 4th last year after 25 years of being a smoker so I've been there... I highly recommend Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking, you can get the book on Amazon. I was expecting giving up to be fairly painful, but it really wasn't!

Good luck with it!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Wel done on the no smoking specialbrew!!

I had my first mock driving test this morning & it was a fail.

That is fine now I know where I need to make adjustments & improvements. It kinda went to pot when it was down to me making my own way following signs!

Next time will be much better I can just tell already.

Dxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport