Comments

• pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I usually phone them.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    edited 1 June 2014 at 3:43PM
    Options
    lesley74 wrote: »
    Thanks Pebbles. I always wondered though how Dollar would often be more expensive etc when booking directly. You'd think it would be cheaper to book direct. I know it's not always the case - with flights, hotels and other stuff!

Ok, so do I just call rentalcars and do the booking over the phone then, or do I have to book then put in a claim for a price match?

Thanks for this!

If you dont want to price match.

I booked with Dollar.uk last year as it was the cheapest and they automatically added my Dollar express membership which saved me hassle at LAS of course if you are not picking up from there it wouldnt make any difference

You say you are tied to dollar so this may not be any good but in another thread alamobrits has been mentioned and it is way cheaper then anything else I can find, but as i havent used them before i have asked about insurances etc (no replys tho)
    link to thread
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4977935

PS

I also phone rentalcars to price match
  • burnoutbabe
    burnoutbabe Posts: 1,338 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have been reading this thread with interest, I'm off to Vegas next feb to celebrate a mates 50th. They have booked already (staying at bellagio) but I'm waiting until later as may do a stop over on way out and back (maybe into San fran and out of LA). I may stay somewhere else near by as Bellagio seems very expensive.

I signed up with myvegas and in 2 days I am on 5000 gold coins, with about an hour play.

Is it worth it? my attention would be on the level of 20 mins most days to spin max bet and collect from hotels. I find the spot the item ones very hard as you can't full screen them!

So basically, is it worth putting the effort in, or would scoping out groupon deals be better use of time over the next year?
  • Misty_Blue
    Misty_Blue Posts: 876 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Is it worth it?

For me, it's definitely been worth it. I'm going to LV for the first time in August, and by the time I go I will have $100 of bar credit in the Monte Carlo, $75 off at Luxor's steak restaurant, two dinner buffet passes for Bellagio, and one more thing that I haven't yet decided on. All courtesy of MyVegas. :)

I collect chips each day and gift my friends. Other than that, I leave it on auto-spin in the background and check it occasionally to move it on. Very little effort or attention required.

You could even use it to subsidise your accommodation by using your points for discounted or even free hotel rooms.
    Egg Loan - [strike]£4921.84[/strike] £0!! :j Barclaycard - £3866.47 Legal + Trade - [strike]£2700.96[/strike] £0!! :j Triton - [strike]£1730.89[/strike] £0!! :j Next - [STRIKE]£776.15[/STRIKE] £126.88 Littlewoods - [strike]£217.16[/strike] £0!! :j Housemate - [strike]£1300[/strike] £0!! :j Capital One - [STRIKE]£1652.51[/STRIKE] £1,081.58 Vanquis - [strike]£2337.75[/strike] £375.58
    A Payment A Day - £379.02 to Egg.
  • rorylando45
    rorylando45 Posts: 451 Forumite
    Options
    lesley74 wrote: »
    Not a huge budget when it includes drinks, tax and tip. I was going to suggest Maggiano's. They have veggie options. Might be worth trying to see if there are any groupon deals that might suit you all. Some of the buffet groupons have wine/beer included at dinner. Or you might find a restaurant that can accomodate - just watch out for the number you can use per table in case your group is too big for that.

Wynn in general has Vegetarian (and Vegan) options at all their restaurants, due to Steve Wynn being Vegan. I think their restaurants will be above that budget though, even without drinks. Drinks will be quite pricy! Wynn buffet is fab, and they do a champagne bump for $15 extra if that might suit. I think you'd get a late lunch or a brunch around $50pp including the bump. Last time we did brunch with bump it was about $95 for both of us, plus tip.

Thanks Lesley. Yeah I suppose you're right that it's not that much including drinks etc. Maybe we will forget about the drinks and just go for food. I will take a look at Maggiano's!
  • Seldom_Seen_Kid
    Options
    myVegas is definitely worth it burnoutbabe.
    I got back this morning, but in the last 2 weeks my wife and I used :
    1 night at Aria (Friday).
    2 nights at Monte Carlo (Friday and Saturday).
    Dinner buffet at Aria.
    Dinner buffet at MGM.
    Dinner buffet at Mirage.
    Tickets to Zumanity.
    Single Monorail ride.
    Foundation Room.

As a side note, anyone thinking about the HoB Foundation Room should definitely go for it. Forget the fact that it is a club / bar ($17 for a Bud and a Corona), and just go for the view. Basically, you are on a balcony with the Mandalay Bay sign right next to you.
  • rorylando45
    rorylando45 Posts: 451 Forumite
    Options
    What about Cheesecake Factory? I know I've read people in here before who say it's fantastic. Not very fancy I know, is it like a proper restaurant? Or more fast food?

Is there only one branch at Caesars, or is there another one?
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    edited 2 June 2014 at 5:31PM
    Options
    What about Cheesecake Factory? I know I've read people in here before who say it's fantastic. Not very fancy I know, is it like a proper restaurant? Or more fast food?

Is there only one branch at Caesars, or is there another one?

Its a proper restaurant and the portions are huge, its great. If you like cheesecake and dont want a HUGE meal, just go for the cheesecake

I dont know of another in Vegas,
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    Grand Lux Caf! at Venetian and Palazzo are part of Cheesecake factory
    illegitimi non carborundum
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income