TicketySplit feedback - official discussion

Options

Comments

• yorkie2
    yorkie2 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good Morning
    Just attempted to book a ticket Bristol To Manchester, if I booked the ticket I would save £0.65p plus the booking fee of £0.75. thereby paying an extra 10 each way for a split ticket!!
    Which website(s) did you use?
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good Morning
    Just attempted to book a ticket Bristol To Manchester, if I booked the ticket I would save £0.65p plus the booking fee of £0.75. thereby paying an extra 10 each way for a split ticket!!

Simple - use a site that doesn't charge a booking fee or postage.

If the effort to save 10p each way is worth it.
  • Haggis_Baguette
    Options
    Tried to book Oxford to Edinburgh (split in York) but could only book the first part of the journey, would not let me add another part (York to Edinburgh) or show the second leg of the journey. Too complicated so gave up...
  • yorkie2
    Options
    Tried to book Oxford to Edinburgh (split in York) but could only book the first part of the journey, would not let me add another part (York to Edinburgh) or show the second leg of the journey. Too complicated so gave up...
    When are you travelling ? (Day/time?)

Have you tried Train Split? Or any train company website adding each leg as if it were a separate journey manually?
  • spg01
    spg01 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Does this work with trains that run in & around Scotland? Have noticed that under Railcard option there is no Club50 which gives 20% off when booked direct with Scotrail.
  • Cayman_Iguana
    Options
    First and foremost, it did save me money, so outcomes positive.

However process not without challenges. The TicketySplit overlay disappeared at one point in the process, leaving me relying on memory to recall the time of the departure from the mid-point station. Was also interrupted by an error message. First time I tried I could not find the button for adding on a second ticket, but that was probably my fault - for other newbies, one has to search a wealth of obscure text but it's down at the right hand side towards the bottom of the page.

Am mystified as to why paying by credit card costs different amounts for different bookings - still thinking about that one.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    First and foremost, it did save me money, so outcomes positive.

However process not without challenges. The TicketySplit overlay disappeared at one point in the process, leaving me relying on memory to recall the time of the departure from the mid-point station. Was also interrupted by an error message. First time I tried I could not find the button for adding on a second ticket, but that was probably my fault - for other newbies, one has to search a wealth of obscure text but it's down at the right hand side towards the bottom of the page.

Am mystified as to why paying by credit card costs different amounts for different bookings - still thinking about that one.

TicketySplit uses the Train Line which charge fees by using a credit card which IIRC is based on a percentage
  • ellymoo
    Options
    Hi all

I am trying to find tickets from Cheltenham to Bamford, but the site doesn't seem to find any solutions. Is this just a glitch? I've used the tool plenty of times before without problem.

Thank you.
  • yorkie2
    Options
    ellymoo wrote: »
    Hi all

I am trying to find tickets from Cheltenham to Bamford, but the site doesn't seem to find any solutions. Is this just a glitch? I've used the tool plenty of times before without problem.

Thank you.
    Trainsplit works for Cheltenham to Bamford, and finds savings, and will sell you a ticket. Have you tried that?
  • diamond57
    diamond57 Posts: 145 Forumite
    Options
    Looking at split season tickets, weekly ones, I was wondering how it works when not continuous. Do you know if you can get them posted to you, or collected at a station not on that part of the journey?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure