TicketySplit feedback - official discussion

Options

Comments

• Shimergo
    Shimergo Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    I need a flexible ticket, but TicketySplit's only giving me advance tickets (Tiverton-Alnmouth £180 off-peak single!!). Would be great if options to split this can be added in (or made more prominent if I've missed them!). Thanks.
  • yorkie2
    yorkie2 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Shimergo wrote: »
    I need a flexible ticket, but TicketySplit's only giving me advance tickets (Tiverton-Alnmouth £180 off-peak single!!). Would be great if options to split this can be added in (or made more prominent if I've missed them!). Thanks.
    What journey are you making? Have you tried Trainsplit?
  • Shimergo
    Shimergo Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Bril - will bookmark Trainsplit too. (Takes it down to a still eye-watering £146, so will need the inconvenience of an advance ticket!!)
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Mmmmm.

You have posted about this outfit 12 times already in this thread (twice on this page alone - as well as another 6 times (and counting) elsewhere in this forum)

(As well as telling us you are not allowed to post a link to it, then giving us one)!

You also aren't allowed to spam either
  • yorkie2
    yorkie2 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Shimergo wrote: »
    Bril - will bookmark Trainsplit too. (Takes it down to a still eye-watering £146, so will need the inconvenience of an advance ticket!!)
    You're welcome! Glad it helped you to save money :D
  • Quentin
    edited 30 March 2016 at 10:28AM
    Options
    yorkie2 wrote: »
    You're welcome! Glad it helped you to save money :D
    Beware that this company being spammed charges you a fee for "helping" you save!

Buy the tickets from other suppliers that give you cashback and rewards (eg nectar) and do it the MSE way!
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Beware that this company being spammed charges you a fee for "helping" you save!

Buy the tickets from other suppliers that give you cashback and rewards (eg nectar) and do it the MSE way!

Better than the fees charged by the MSE "ticketysplit" tool, powered by the Trainline, which can only work with single journeys, without checking if return tickets are cheaper
  • Quentin
    Options
    Kite2010 wrote: »
    Better than the fees charged by the MSE "ticketysplit" tool, powered by the Trainline, which can only work with single journeys, without checking if return tickets are cheaper
    It's well known that trainline is not the place to buy any tickets from because of their fees.

There are totally fee free alternatives where you can buy split ticket type journeys from and get cashback as well as loyalty points/nectar etc too!

Much more MSE than paying any ticket seller their fees!
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    It's well known that trainline is not the place to buy any tickets from because of their fees.

There are totally fee free alternatives where you can buy split ticket type journeys from and get cashback as well as loyalty points/nectar etc too!

Much more MSE than paying any ticket seller their fees!

Well isn't it much more MSE to fly instead of taking the train as it's much cheaper flying via Europe than taking the train from A to B ;)

Or being more MSE by taking the slower coach.
  • bartonhillbum
    Options
    Good Morning
    Just attempted to book a ticket Bristol To Manchester, if I booked the ticket I would save £0.65p plus the booking fee of £0.75. thereby paying an extra 10 each way for a split ticket!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure