IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Arking pie guile, near saint ansted runway

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Regards
    Parking Team
    Welcome Break

Isn't this how Aldi sign off their parking-related letters too?

Anyone spot the common denominator?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 December 2013 at 2:05AM
    Options
    Ummmm?????.....
    [ironic]
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Parking Team = ParkingEye (we know because of some of the wording they use).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ampersand
    Options
    Hello c-m,
    I see you are still up at silly clocks helping everyone with their unenforceable invoices...but then, I'm still up too, for other altruistic reasons.
    May I ask how long I leave them to answer my reply[post 21]
    I have had nothing from Pat Burrows, nothing from arkypie - no POPLA codes.
    Do I go onto the offensive re: their delay?
    I have read all advice, but am still unclear re: time limits at subsequent stages and whether or not this one and only reply from WB counts for anything at all in the scheme of things.
    Thankyou again, so much.
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• 4consumerrights
    Options
    When did you send your appeals to PE?
    (were they separate letters - one for each PCN).

You may have to wait upto 35 days to hear from your appeal from PE. If they do attempt to request any further payment though before you receive an outcome of your appeal - do complain to the BPA and DVLA.

How long was your overstay for the alleged contravention?
    Grace periods are required when entering car park to "allow for signage to be read" and after the parking period has expired - in this case 2 hours free.

PE are also notorious for their entrapment zones and inadequate signage - if you frequent this WB often - it may be worth taking a few snaps (for use later)
  • ampersand
    edited 2 January 2014 at 8:26PM
    Options
    'PE are also notorious for their entrapment zones and inadequate signage - if you frequent this xx often - it may be worth taking a few snaps (for use later)'
    -thanks for that 4cr. I might be driving that way myself with the RK;) over the w/e and will ensure RK takes pics.
    This particular site's a nightmare, results in several turns around the maze, trying not to end up with trucks or back out again.
    Have sent 3rd demand for POPLA codes, with added 'overture'.

I am still waiting for a proper response to my letters and subsequent emails.

Ms x, I am particularly concerned that you have not seen fit to acknowledge a matter which concerns your area of responsibility in your Company. Your name was provided in phone calls to obtain the landowner's/responsible party's name, hence the emails into which you have been copied.

Please confirm that these speculative 'invoices' have been cancelled. Time and costs spent on this matter are mounting. My requests for two POPLA codes, one per 'invoice', have been ignored, putting you in breach of my legal entitlement to these as Registered Keeper.

I am [ancient age on date] and do not want this matter to further blight my days, requiring me to use even more time preparing Small Claims Court paperwork against arkingpie as the 'invoice' instigators, and their associates, in this case unWB.

[ccp - all preceding unanswered comms]
    Please do not prevaricate further. I gather you are increasingly beset by Appeals from people who know the Law on these matters. Again I have had to cancel my day's work to deal with this. Kindly read all the letters, all the emails and only then answer them confirming cancellation of both unenforceable 'invoices', or supplying POPLA codes if you intend me to proceed to Court action
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***

• ampersand
    Options
    This bounceback looks new:

'** Action required - your e-mail has NOT been processed **

Thank you for contacting arkingpie.

Please be aware we have recently upgraded our Appeals process to allow submission of Appeals via our Web Site. Please submit appeals using: http://www.arkingpie.co.uk/Appeal

If you cannot use the web form, then please send a written appeal to:
    P.O.Box x'
    ########
    Back where I started. Another tracked letter to be paid for.
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***

• ampersand
    edited 6 January 2014 at 5:57PM
    Options
    Tracked letter sent to arkingpie Friday.

This:
    'RE: xx website enquiry - Parking

Muted thanks for your response, barely tweaked from an auto-acknowledgment,
    You have not answered any of my points, now highlighted.
    Please read my email again and answer it fully and correctly, also supplying the name of the Regional Manager.
    I did not write to anyone called Parking Team, but to designated individuals.
    Further, you do not address both 'invoices', but use the singular. This is incorrect.
    Yours faithfully,
    &'

was emailed to UnwelcomeB pre-crimbo, triggering reply below, last night:

'Dear &
    arkingpie are part of the BPA Approved Operator Scheme, therefore all signage in place must conform to regulations, including height and size. The signs are of a similar height to other road signs which are legible from any standard motor vehicle. arkingpie asserts that if a motorist is of adequate sight to qualify to drive a motor vehicle COLOR="Red"]did not know arkingpie now tested drivers for licences[/COLORthen they should be able to read the essential terms and conditions of the signage whilst [no, not 'whilst', not safe]driving. All non-essentialCOLOR="red"]if non-essential, why is it there?[/COLOR text is in a smaller font at the bottom of the sign, which can be read once the motorist has parked.
    As previously stated, a free 2 hour period is provided to park and after this time, a tariff applies. This is in place across our sites and also is in place across many other motorway service providersCOLOR="red"]we're all in the same scam[/COLOR. You have also been advised that if you disagree with the charge, you can write to arkingpie's appeals team directly. arkingpie runs an extensive appeals service, with each appeal being looked at on a case by case basis[:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:]. If arkingpie does reject an appeal, you would be provided with a further opportunity to appeal to POPLA (Parking on Private Land Appeals Service).

There is strong commercial justification by having arkingpie in operation within the site. Private management of car parks is commercially necessary for landholdersCOLOR="Red"]still not named, despite multi-requests][/COLOR]. The[[COLOR="red"]should read 'these'?[/COLOR contractsCOLOR="Red"]typo[/COLOR, and itsCOLOR="red"]'their'?[/COLOR clauses, are necessary to prevent abuse of private land. COLOR="DarkOrange"]How is 'abuse' suddenly not 'abuse' if money is extorted?[/COLORThis is commercially necessary as the landholder needs to manage their land in order to ensure that their business can run successfullyCOLOR="red"]but they manage it in contracts with outlets, not drivers[/COLOR. Therefore, as outlined to yourself, we ask that you direct all your further queries to arkingpie directly[I have;they don't answer or supply POPLA codes]. Details of how to contact them can be found on the letters that have been sent to yourself. Unfortunately at this point, without being provided with any further details regarding the charge as requestedCOLOR="red"]??? - you have not shown me that you have asked for them[/COLOR, we would not be able to offer any further comment on this matter.

Regards
    Parking Team
    ######
    A total wash-out and ill-written to boot.
    I assume they will ignore any reply I send.

Yesterday, replicated driver's identical journeys, in winter darkness - did this specifically.
    Saw no signage re: parking. There is none visible.
    Went twice round, owing to confusing and conflicting lane signs for cars, trucks, etc.
    Parked as and where driver did. No parking signage anywhere at all, only a vertical Waitrose banner attached to a telegraph-type pole. Complete darkness at rear of carpark, deliberately chosen so driver could rest. Left carpark, saw no signage on way out.

I do not want to delay a long-haul travel booking because of possible time-scale clash resulting in a technical loss or Court date in my absence.

Advice please?
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***

• ampersand
    Options
    Just sent this, following extortion demand reiterated by post, rcvd today:

'TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

I now have your em reply, poorly written and inadequate, despite my helping you by highlighting key questions, not a single one of which has been addressed, let alone answered.

I have also received by today's post a reiterated demand via an unenforceable 'invoice' from ParkingEye Legal Department. It is surprising that this Legal Department is not behaving legally and seems unaware of its Legal obligations.

Ms Burrows, or the person responsible for the landholder, if it is not unWelB or arkingpie [according to your own office] is therefore required to answer:

Please advise me whether or not you are the landowner?

If UnwB is not, who is?
    If arkingpie is not, who is?

Is it your intention to pursue me for financial gain, given that there is no quantifiable loss and no contract between any one of the named bodies and me?

I can now add that, at my own cost, I travelled and replicated the 'parking event' circumstances this weekend, again in winter darkness. This was specifically done and will be externally costed in my counter-claim, should it prove necessary.
    There is no visible signage re: parking.
    However, owing to confusing and conflicting lane entry points and divisions for cars, trucks, etc. I was one of 5 drivers swept into the HGV area. There was tooting and ill-temper, although not from me. I repeated the entry process, then parked as and where the driver did, during both 'parking events'.
    No error was made in this positioning, the driver having deliberately sought darkness in the quieter backwater at the rear of the carpark, precisely in order to find a dark area to permit sensible and proper rest.
    Only a vertical Waitrose banner attached to a telegraph-type pole stood nearby.
    There are no parking notices.
    On leaving the carpark, no signage was evident.

You also write:
    'All non-essential text is in a smaller font at the bottom of the sign, which can be read once the motorist has parked.'

Wherever any signage is, this is a nonsense: if it is non-essential, why is it there?

If no signage is visible, how is it to be read?

The RD reference for my Royal Mail letter has been tracked online[proof retained for any counter-claim I may issue]. I have captured and retained the signature of the signee.
    I now expect a prompt, point-by-point reply and disclosure of evidence in response to each request for information that I have made, in line with your legal requirement to furnish a compliant response. A generic template does not comply with this requirement.

Where are the POPLA codes for both 'parking events'?
    Do you refuse to supply them?
    Your failure to fulfil this legal requirement, made in every communication sent to you, now numbers eight.

Yours faithfully,
    &
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 6 January 2014 at 10:04PM
    Options
    Send the same letter to ParkingEye as well as to Welcome Break and finish by saying 'I will not accept Welcome break hiding behind an anonymous (ParkingEye) 'Parking Team' when I have complained to Welcome Break for this unwarranted harassment by their agent. This is wholly unacceptable and my letter is addressed to the CEO Mr McKie - I expect at least a personal response from a member of the WB Senior Management (not template drivel written by ParkingEye, trying to justify this extortion).

Pitch black car parks with no readable/lit signage except a Waitrose banner, do not form any contract with a driver by any stretch of the imagination.

ParkingEye lost a POPLA cases on unlit signage in a Newquay car park by the way. It's in the POPLA decisions thread if you want to search for it. PE sent POPLA some pics of the signs in daylight!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure