IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Arking pie guile, near saint ansted runway

edited 30 November 2013 at 2:53AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
72 replies 5.6K views

Replies

• edited 21 April 2014 at 7:42AM
    James_NJames_N Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 21 April 2014 at 7:42AM
    While getting a POPLA code and using the right arguments seemingly sees them off every time, isn't ampersand fundamentally right.
    The arguments he uses are the ones that are the real winners in the overall argument, and the shame is that so far none has got to use them in a court where the doctrine of judicial precedent applies.
    While we successfully do the cases that come here, and the other place (and maybe CAG) - we are fiddling on the edge while the majority of people pay these B-***ds.
    Is there some contractual equivalent of a judicial review to examine the operation of these parking companies.
    Under no circumstances may any part of my postings be used, quoted, repeated, transferred or published by any third party in ANY medium outside of this website without express written permission. Thank you.
  • ampersandampersand Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Credit goes to gan on pepipoo, though.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• edited 18 December 2013 at 2:54PM
    ampersandampersand Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 18 December 2013 at 2:54PM
    Posted on another Thread.
    One to watch:

'http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/

'Tuesday, 17 December 2013

ParkingEye ignore PCN (Personal Costs Notification)...'

-and all related entries.

For anyone who wants to press on any Shell-related landholder issue where Welcome Break are the Landlords, the Shell Retail Property Co. is on 0800 731 8888.
    They will refer you to CB Richard Ellis Ltd 02071823828,who handle all lease agreements for Shell Retail Property Co.
    Just another pebble for the munitions pot.'
    ##########
    http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=33430849

Phoned this no. to ask who owns land:
    01908 299 700,
    from here:
    http://www.catererandhotelkeeper.co.uk/Operator/33918

Can't get anywhere with this, but unwelcomebreak's dealings with arkingpie have this lady as contact:
    [email protected].
    ######
    For the techies among you - Is there any mileage in appropriating this for anti-pcn purposes?
    http://www.socialbakers.com/facebook-pages/152028661495566-birchanger-green-services
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• edited 22 December 2013 at 10:35PM
    ampersandampersand Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 22 December 2013 at 10:35PM
    Quick paste for once-over prior to em for WB regional manager, please:
    f.a.o: Regional Manager-

ref. PCNxxx
    ref. PCN xxx

You are unfortunately tainted by association with a company called ArkingPie.

They wish to extort 2 amounts of £100 from me, an old age pensioner, as vehicle keeper. Late night pictures showing only a registration no.and headlights have been supplied.

On one occasion, the driver bought petrol, as an online Bank Statement shows.

On both occasions, the driver arrived and left in pitch darkness, saw no signs, found the Little Waitrose shut, rested, resumed journey. The only signage to register was 'Tiredness Can Kill. Take a Break''.

The driver was unaware of being photographed and certainly gave no permission for this.

Until these unenforceable attempts to coerce money from the registered keeper arrived, I had never heard of ArkingPie, nor read about their dubious practices.

ArkingPie's poor feedback is legion. They rank as shapeshifters in the extreme, glossing their methods and tactics, with a business model employing intimidation for profit, via unenforceable 'invoices'. The increasing number of successful Court level challenges against them, or withdrawals before action, reinforce a specious reputation. I learn that blameless vehicle keepers are, in turn, laying counter-suits for stress and recovery of all costs. Obviously, this would be my course, with attendant publicity.

ArkingPie have not acknowledged either my letters or my emails. Further, requests for a POPLA code have been ignored. You will be aware this breaches the legal entitlement of every registered Keeper.

Please advise me whether or not you are the landowner?

If you, as Welcome Break, are not, who is?

Is it your intention to instruct them to pursue me for financial gain, given that there is no quantifiable loss and no contract between us?

I am, of course, taking full advice on this disgraceful practice and ensuring that it is widely known, so that others can avoid your service area.

Thankyou for your attention
    &
    ########
    1st email to ArkingPie:
    ArkingPie FAILURE TO ACKNOWLEDGE APPEAL.‏

Your ref

To Whom It May Concern:

Again I challenge this 'ticket'. You have failed to reply to the Appeal letter sent[date] to the required geographic address:
    [address]

The amount claimed is a penalty not a contractual term.

If you do not cancel it, I require the validation code for POPLA where I will also require you produce your contract for the location.

No signs being evident, I conclude that your signage is inadequate and non-compliant with the BPA Code of Practice. Note also that the charge is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss.

Please do not ignore this, my second request.

Proof of fuel purchase associated with your 'parking event', is available.
    [cut and pasted ]

Yours faithfully,
    &
    ######
    2nd email to ArkingPie:

ARKING PIE APPEAL: 'PARKING EVENT' DEMAND FOR MONEY + 'REMINDER'‏

Your ref XXX

To Whom It May Concern:

I challenge this 'ticket' and the precipitate 'Reminder', sent before acknowledgment of my Appeal letter sent[DATE] to the required geographic address:
    [ADDRESS]

Again you must be reminded that the amount claimed is a penalty not a contractual term.

If you do not cancel it, I require the validation code for POPLA where I will also require you to produce your contract for the location.

No signs being evident, I conclude that your signage is inadequate and non-compliant with the BPA Code of Practice. Note also that the charge is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss.

Please do not persist in ignoring letters. Contact will be via email henceforth.

Yours faithfully,
    &
    ###########
    Good to go?
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***

9.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***

• Just a suggestion...the incident when petrol was bought.
    Do you recall spending a good deal of time on the petrol forecourt, a few minutes longer than the overstay?
    Perhaps you might remember your engine overheating, having to wait for it to cool and refill.
    You wouldn't have been parked then, would you?:A
    9.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will have to ask whoever was driving, won't I?;)
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***

9.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    em reply from WB -

Thank you for your recent email regarding the parking charge you received after a visit to Welcome Break, [location]

We have a 2 hour maximum free parking policy throughout our Welcome Break sites which allows our customers to utilise the rest facilities. After this timeframe charges do apply.

There is signage detailing these charges on the entrances to the car parks and also on the main walkways to the main buildings to highlight that charges apply after the free 2 hour period.

arkypie manage the car parks on our behalf to enforce this policy and to make sure that there is adequate spaces available for customers to use.

All appeals should be made through arkypie by letter or email; I can already see from your below correspondence that you have contacted them separately however alternatively I can forward your correspondence on to the appeals team on your behalf and they will contact you directly.

Regards
    Parking Team
    Welcome Break
    #########
    I'm so excited!
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***

9.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    to which this reply:
    Muted thanks for your response, barely tweaked from an auto-acknowledgment,
    You have not answered any of my points, now highlighted.
    Please read my email again and answer it fully and correctly, also supplying the name of the Regional Manager.
    I did not write to anyone called Parking Team, but to designated individuals.
    Further, you do not address both 'invoices', but use the singular. This is incorrect.

Yours faithfully,'
    ######
    Back later.
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides