Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Just paid a wodge off the mortgage. Now in the 18s. And this is wthout using any pennies from selling mum's house! Smug face is on
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just paid a wodge off the mortgage. Now in the 18s. And this is wthout using any pennies from selling mum's house! Smug face is on

A very well deserved smug face :beer::beer:
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good luck with your stoptober challenges apples, cheering you on here.

Hope you're now feeling 100% after being poorly, it can wipe you out for a while.

Great mortgage balance too, is the other money now invested?
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Whoop on being in the 18s! :j :j :T
    xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Thank you everyone!:D

Cath - nope, still not invested the pennies. Big oops. Dh and I need to sit down and do a risk-averse thingy for the investment chap, but don't seem to find the time or inclination. Big oops again.

Returned the neighbours washing to them today and they gave dd £1 for it. Totally unexpected and really kind. I have let her keep it as I am really kind too :rotfl:.

Watched the Beautiful Fantastic today, and we all thoroughly enjoyed it

A day of poor eating choices: biscuits, sweets and cake is hardly primal! Oops. Couple that with rather a lot of hand sewing and I guess I can expect aching hands tomorrow. However, I did get lots and lots of veggies down our necks too.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Boy, am I glad to have finished work, and not be back in until weds. It was a wearing day, coupled with a very last-minute cover for the last lesson of the day (when I had planned to photocopy, mark, plan) of a tricky group in an overcrowded room that doesn't have seats for all of them. Sigh.

Mum's care home has the norovirus, so all visitors are banned for now. I have no idea if mum is poorly. I'll call them on weds to see if it's okay to go on thurs.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I decided to call the care home today, to get an idea of how bad it is. They advised to call on a day-to-day basis to see if they're open. So I've decided to not go up this week, as I don't reckon they'll be functioning by \thurs, as some of the staff also have it. At least mum hasn't had it. (Yet...)

And we have done almost all of dd's sch applic form, plus all the supplementary forms required. Once she is home, I'll double check her preferences order and get it sent off.

Did a big shop with dh, and we spent £74 in aldee (plus £12.50 in sainz), which is a very eek amount for us. I shall input October's food receipts later today - I've not done this for several months and although we are most definitely not frivolous spenders, it'd be good to see where the pennies are going.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Fingers crossed that your mum stays clear of the bug.... xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Just 1 more week to go....

Gave dd an extra15 mins before waking her today and it has made a huge difference! Phew.

I've started doing some shoulder exercises from DieselCrew.com on utube. It's my infraspinatus - a recurring issue. I know how I did it - pesky dive bombers - and have been 'hoping' it'd mend. As if. So, in an attempt to save a few 100s on physio fees, I'm giving the exercises a go for a few weeks first.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Dh descaled the kettle. A good thing.

He poured the descaling water in to the washing up bowl, which had a fair amount of cutlery in it. And that cutlery is now discoloured and doesn't feel nice to handle. Not a good thing.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback