Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Oooh - hope you feel properly better soon, apple :( xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Starting to feel much better now, thanks - possibly helped by having finished work for the week... I am enjoying all my classes so far, which is rather nice.

I am off for a longish walk today, mixing pavement and woods. I intend going to whsmiffs to buy myself a particular magazine - it is the only place that stocks it and is 3 miles away. And then I intend sitting in a coffee establishment that has wifi (so prob *bux as I can't get it to work in the others), using my re-usable mug thingy, and re-reading the time v money thread. I intend to do much pondering and possibly even some scribbling of notes (I have a notebook and sooo many different coloured pens that are begging to be used...)

And then I shall visit liddle and get as much off the list as I can comfortably carry before catching the buses back home and hopefullt have a little time on my own before dh gets home (about 1.45 today)
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That sounds like a lovely way to spend the day. Enjoy :)
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    It was a lovely morning!

The walk was fun - hardly met anyone and meandered along in my own little world.

Got to *bux to realise that I'd not brought my tablet along (D'oh!) so had to read on my phone. But I could still do it and have jotted down lots of things. under my 'Health, wealth and a life well-lived' headings. A work friend's father died suddenly at the start of the week, aged just 63. And that has, once again, made me very aware of my own mortality and think about what I need to do to live a long and healthy independant life like my own dad managed to do. Though I must admit that I am often 'scared into immobility' about it all.

Liddle provided most of what I wanted within my carrying restrictions. Their dried mango has no added sugar, their cottage cheese lasts longer than the aldee stuff, and they stock v1talite. Most of their other stuff that we buy is the same price as aldee too.

Even managed to do some sewing this morning before taking dd to school.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Did an 'easy' bw workout this morning, but stopped about 3/4 into it as my heartbeat was stoopidly fast and getting slower at slowing down despite me resting between exercises. Cutting it short was the only sensible course of action. Guess that pesky virus is still lurking around... I've certainly run a bit hot and cold throughout the day.

Dh and I had agreed to give big sis some money from the house sale, so I did that and sent her a cheeky little text message to let her know. She was so chuffed! I am so glad we did it.

Secondary school visits are taking up a fair chunk of brain space this month. Then we need to do any tours /tests/letters/forms in addition to the council application one. (And dd will have to make her decision and rank them...) Plus my own appraisal; exam analysis meeting with the head; open morning; visit to mum; after school staff meeting.

In other news, dh pinned the fleece blankets to the lounge curtains today. We have started prepping for chillier weather. Though we had either the front or back door open for most of the day, as dd was out and about playing...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Am keeping on top of paperwork at work, so far. It helps that I got some done at the end of the summer term when I had some time and brain space to do it. I have just completed part 1 (of 2) online training modules and got my 100% certificate on the 2nd go. Am rather chuffed with that :D.

The grumpy lady on the self-service tills at my local sainz is now my friend! I have made a point of passing a nice comment to her recently, which I guess helps all round. And today she gave me extra lego packets and was chuffed when I said that she had made my dd a very happy girl.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Finished part 2 of the training. And got my cerftificate. Read 270 pages of a handbook (ish...) and printed and signed last page to prove it. Phew.

Went ot aldee to take advantage of their beetroot offer. And also got some christmassy fat squares that are perfick for bunny christmas clothing. Though I need to clothe the current bunnies first before making any more. Or maybe I don't... :D

Off to bham on Fri. First time ever without the house, so it'll be a little different. Am trying to work out how to see mum, take paperwork (ie survey)back to the solicitor (they don't include sae, so I sure as heck aint paying postage - will happily stretch my legs to their offices), buy tea (only have a microwave and kettle and small fridge), maybe see mum again, maybe go and see old house, maybe mooch around some ch shops... Mum has a dentist appt at about 2pm so am not sure if it's worth trying to see her before that, as the journey takes about 4 hours and I can't leave here until after the school run. And afterwards, I know she'll be exhausted, so a visit may cheer her up. But past experience says that she'll be imposs to cheer up and I struggle immensely with that negativity.

From where mum is, it's 1+ miles to the old house, then 2+ to the solicitor, then 3 to the flat, then 1+ back to see mum... Gah! Too much for my brain tonight.

I'll mull it over tonight, and also see how the journey goes.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Off to brum today. Will be taking it easy as the lingering virus still pops up every few days. Sigh. Must do: see mum, drop papers at solicitor, eat and sleep. Everything else is an optional extra!

Am taking fabric to cut out more bunny bodies. And wool for knitting santas. And a strong brolly!
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    Hope you don't end up re-enacting a brolly scene from mary poppins with the wind today
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Hope you don't end up re-enacting a brolly scene from mary poppins with the wind today

Ha ha, I tell the kids I teach that I am Mary Poppins because I'm practically perfect in every way!

I reckon I escaped most of today's strong winds whilst I was out and about. But they are picking up again now, and I'm glad to be inside.

Saw mum, dropped papers to the solicitor, bought mum some tights (need to put name tags in them), shopped for tea at aldee and included flowers for lovely friend here, caught the bus to the flat, saw lovely friend for a good natter, and am now installed for the night, unashamedly in my jamas. I'll cobble tea together soon and then either cut out or knit until bed time.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback