Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Half a day's work done.

2 bags to Sally Army.

Trousers returned to sainz, and refund gained.

Nowt spent.

Bit more planning done.

Tea prep prepped.

Washing washed.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Tea was a super scrummy primal chicken korma. Yum!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Sitting on the sofa, I am aware that I might have overdone the workout this morning. (warm up of course + ZCUT KB #7 with my 8K KB + KB challenge day 7: 70 KB snatches + a well-deserved cool down) Haven't overdone it like that in a while... And have been sitting on the sofa for rather a lot of the time since finishing!

Walked to the shops this morning and spent my free £5 in Icyland: pombears for dd, green beans for me and walnut whip for dh. We know how to live! Dh is working so hard at the mo that I didn't just want to get him the bread he needed.

Made a more primal version of nana cookies (used ground almonds instead of oats) and dd mentioned this morning that she'd like some banana bread, so that has also been made. And it has risen!!! Dd had better be impressed...

The stats on our bathroom scales are encouraging. Not the total weight, but since the start of the month, my fat % is down 0.7% and my muscle % is up0.4%. :T I'll take that swap! Primal seems to suit my body.
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Could you share your recipe for nana cookies please? I have some sorry looking bananas and wasn't sure what to do with them as I didn't fancy banana bread and that is the only thing I know to do with past it nanas. :)
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Mash 2 nanas, add 90g ground almonds and 15g coconut flour and 30g mixed seeds.

Cook on gas 4 for 12 mins.

And feel free to amend! I basically didn't want to use oats, so it was an experiment. And it worked. Yum!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Found a pair of tap shoes for dd in a charity shop yesterday - for all of £3. Snapped 'em up. And tracky trousers for her for £1.

Dance classes are in a new venue and it is wonderful. A beautifully renovated old manor (?) / hall in a park. Next week I plan to explore it.

We have all had 2 nights of a lot of sleep. I'm ill. No quibbling about that. Grrr. Last night I managed to keep going until 8.30 - only because I thought that if I went to bed at 7 (as I wanted to...) then I might awaken at 4am or suchlike. But I went through until 8am today.

My hands are a bit swollen up and feeble. My wrists just ache - on both sides and up into the pinkies/thumbs. (Some of this is no doubt caused by overdoing the KB stuff on Sat, but not all of it). My chest hurts along with my ears and throat.

The bin men have just been (yeah, a Sunday!!) for the blue recyc so I nipped down to take it out to them. And once back inside, needed a rest for my body to cooldown and stop aching!

But, enough poor-me-ing. Tis only temporary. I shall stay in all day and snooze as required... And aim to be ok for work tomorrow...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I survived work on Mon, thanks to drinking copiuos amounts of water on sunday and not really getting out of bed.

And today is another rest day - so glad at times like this that I only work part-time. Some pottering jobs to do: washing; school run; some food shopping; put dry washing away; headspace; online sch training; sewing; make bacon poppers.

Hmm, I'm tired from writing that meagre list! Feebe weeble!
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon, possible virus?
    Giving £100k to a man to play with sounds a bit alarming!!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    earthgirl wrote: »
    Hope you feel better soon, possible virus?
    Giving £100k to a man to play with sounds a bit alarming!!

Defo a virus, so I'm taking it super easy so that I can recover quicker than if I try to push through.

Am happy to report that I have discovered some daytime rugby union on the telly:rotfl:.

Have made my own version of the bacon poppers - they are deeeeelishus! Basically egg, bacon, cheese, spring onion.

Have finally sorted out my online banking for nwide, so I can now transfer money to dd's savings account - she gets 2.5%, so it's worth it.

Dh is having a manic day: up at 5.50 to go in to do extra caretaking work; home 13.40; grabbed a shower; went out by 13.55 to sort out a friend's new pc; will do his locking up duties on his way home around 18.15; then is out for 19.15 until 22.00 ish. At least he has a day off tomorrow!
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon from one poorly person to another :)
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family