We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Apple muncher's number crunching

1…821822823825827

Comments

  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 7,932 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic

    Oooh, Dr F-H had an extraction, a sinus lift, bone grafting and 1 implant stem. Never had any kind of issue at all ever again one it had healed. Job done, he would have it again rather than trying a silly s0dding crown again. He is terrified of dentists, it would not be his preferred way of spending an afternoon, but if he needed to again, he would immediately go and book it in. Well done you.

    ❤️ to Pip. Its good he knows his limits. ❤️ to all the Apple family.

    4/10/25Three Years Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢
    No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper

    Thanks for that info f0xh0les - very good to know. Today I am finding the 'no blowing your nose' rule really hard to follow. Sniffing abounds!

    Well I thought I'd done a wonderful thing yesterday. I love making brownies from mixing together soft nanas + peanut butter + cocoa powder + cook. But we only have crunchy peanut butter in the house and NO WAY was I risking pushing any of that into my wound! So I used ground almonds instead. And didn't cook it - I mean, who doesn't love licking the bowl after baking…? I have previously experimented with orange zest in it, like chocolate orange - yum. Cherries for a Black Forest Gateau was too soggy, though I did still manage to force it down! But my favourite has been a mocha one, adding in instant coffee. I didn't think that adding in 2+ tablespoons of caffeinated granules and eating some for pud after my tea would keep me awake until after 4am!!! I only consume decaf coffee, which has also been watered down with ice since the hot weather started months ago.

    However, the plots and plans I came up with in the night were scintillating! More on that later…

    remove 2/100; read 1/10; ex 5/100; make /100; lose /10; save /1000; improve 5/100; protein 6/100
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 7,932 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic

    Oooh, watching this space to see what utterly WILD thoughts go through the Apple-Mind in the wee-smalls.

    4/10/25Three Years Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢
    No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper

    Well, let's not keep f0xh0les in suspense for too long…

    The cold light of day has reduced some of the sparkle of my brilliance, but I'm still going for it.

    I was planning a 100 day challenge, but given the 'lost' days and weeks of late, I'm giving myself to the end of the year instead, which is about 130 days instead.

    1. remove 100 items from the house
    2. do a workout or 10k steps 100 times
    3. read 10 books
    4. make 100 items for selling at a fair
    5. lose 10 lbs (would love this to be kg not lbs, but gotta be realistic…)
    6. save £1000
    7. do 100 things to improve my environment
    8. 10 months will mark the end (or almost) of Pip's first year of college
    9. 100 weeks = adventure time!
    10. 100g of protein per day

    I know that this is the time of year that I set myself challenges and they do tend to fizzle out. This time, I'm going to add the categories to my signature and see if that keeps me on track.

    remove 2/100; read 1/10; ex 5/100; make /100; lose /10; save /1000; improve 5/100; protein 6/100
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 7,932 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic
    edited 23 August at 1:57PM

    ❤️ this! It is a brilliant time of year for new plans.

    123 days til C-word. Have you got your 🌳 up yet? 🤣

    4/10/25Three Years Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢
    No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper

    No 🌲yet, f0xh0les, but we have 7/52 fairy lights!

    remove 2/100; read 1/10; ex 5/100; make /100; lose /10; save /1000; improve 5/100; protein 6/100
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 7,932 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic

    I love my solar fairy lights. I have them up in the house at nearly every window and they come on at dusk. They are a joy 😊.

    4/10/25Three Years Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢
    No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper

    I am proud of today thus far 😎

    I did a small liddle shop and went on to the gym where I did a rather pared down version of what I was banging out a week ago 🤣 Steps currently at 7000 so I might make the 10. Might not though!

    I have done 2 improvements to my environment: firstly, I've cleaned the inside of the paddling pool again. It does tend to end up with a pink tinge of gunk on it. It should dry in the wind and sporadic sunshine we currently have and then we can deflate it and pack it away.

    Secondly, I went and brought the 'garden waste' bag - ie the one we take to the tip - from the front and brought it to the back and put the small but oh-so-in-the-way pile of dried out weeds into it. A small task, but it's been bugging me for far too long.

    And a couple of things to leave the house - 2 book sets plus a few other books.

    remove 2/100; read 1/10; ex 5/100; make /100; lose /10; save /1000; improve 5/100; protein 6/100
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper

    I made it to 10,000 steps. And 100g of protein . Yay!

    remove 2/100; read 1/10; ex 5/100; make /100; lose /10; save /1000; improve 5/100; protein 6/100
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.