Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    Options
    Ha - I got taken for cover! Y11s. But I've known them since they were littlies, so it wasn't too onerous and they all did the cover work whilst I sorted the trip paperwork and documents. I got stuff completed and handed in for checking which is a relief - I knew it was 'bugging' me, but hadn't realised just how much anxiety it was causing.

I did feel rather rough at middayish, but just plodded on and didn't leave early - figured I'd prefer completing my marking today than have to do it on weds.

I practiced the breathing on the bus and was nearly asleep...

Am soooo ready for sleep now.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Oooh, have got 2 refunds from v1rg1n trains on the way. One for on the way up to big sis in the summer and the other for on the way back! Well worth the effort.
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yay on the refunds :)
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Indeedy! Tho I confess to not knowing how much they are for...

Had a really good session with my counsellor today - came away feeling very buoyed up.

Met dh for a sainz shop and used our first 6 off 40 voucher.

Mowed the back lawn

Dh has taken some offset money to 'play with/invest' so we may be back to paying interest again. Yikes. But I now have a goal once more and dh is happy for me to still pay down the mortgage.

Went to see another sch and was surprised to rather like it. Dd will need to see what she thinks too.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I am glad my working week is done. My anxiety lessened as the week went on, always a good thing. It is probably connected to dh finishing the early morning work.

Got some absolutely awesome ch shop bargains today for a grand total of just £2. An Animal hoodie, 2 vest tops, 2 teeshirts (I have realised that round-necked teeshirts do not flatter me, so am looking out for v-necked ones or ones with a collar and maybe buttons, like the ones I found today) and a skirt that I might be able to use for running. The hoodie was £1, which I thought was excellent. Then I found the 5 for £1 rail. Joy! And I still caught the next bus home - I did have to run for it with an armful of clothes!

Sorted out a money thing to do with my trip at sch today. Thankfully, it was me not understanding the system rather than it being wrong. Phew! I have found a treasure hunt for the town we are going to, which gives me another thing to do, to cover all sorts of weather. So now we seem to have: walk around the walls, picnic lunch, cafe, cathedral, crypt, treasure hunt.

We had a lovely surprise skype with stepdd and gs today, which got dh out of his grump, phew. And tomorrow we have stepds and gf to tea, so can pick their brains about the wedding and try to make plans. It seems that everyone is waiting for others to decide their timings/dates before committing to any themselves!
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Wow what great charity shop finds Apple! And glad the working week is done and that stress is out of the way. I hate trip organising and taking trips. Did it twice and vowed never again! You sound such a lovely teacher tho, much nicer than me!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Back from work. Ooph. Left the house at 7.15am and returned at 2.15pm. For a 9-1 open morning. No food provided at all for staff, which I think is rather poor. However, we saw over 50 families in our room and they were all lovely.

Dd is at brownie camp. Her first time away, apart from one overnight stay at a friend's house. Dh has painted part of her room as a surprise for her.

There is a sherlock holmes on for the next 2 hours, so I shall snuggle down on the sofa and try to doze off. We turned the light out at 8.45 last night and I slept soundly, but need more. Still not recovered from last weekend's nasty cold.
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you are catching up on some zzzzzs
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I grabbed a few zzzzzs - sherlock was a super old one and very hard to follow - it was the sencond part of 2x2hrs long!

To sum up September:

NSD - 20
    Exercise - 15
    Read - 25 (or 26 if I do it tonight)
    Food spends: £310 - down £10 on last month (and since finishing his caretaking work, dh seems to have lived in aldee... we have full cupboards!) £100 of that was in Sainz - nearly all was gf/df foods.

October:
    9 days at work (that's not very many!)
    22 days not at work (we have 2 weeks at half term)
    4? counselling visits
    3 dance classes
    1 visit to mum's at half term
    1 trip to the theatre with dd's class
    1 open morning to visit
    1 day trip to France run by me
    1 VI form info eve
    1 hearing test

The NST October challenge:
    20 NSDs
    Get ready for winter - health/travel/home/maintenance/neighbours
    Start Cmas prep

I have 4 potential fairs in Nov/Dec so need to have enough stuff for that. If I have too many days like today, then I'll not be ready - I got home, ate my lunch and have done nowt of much use since.

But I did make tea - red lentil dhal and a chicken curry. It went down well with dh and will do another meal.

Dhal and suchlike features on Tim Ferriss's radar, so can be considered a good thing.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    No food for staff seems to be a developing theme. I thought it was in our ts and cs.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback