Options
    Happy napping.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hope you manage more rest & feel better soon xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon apple.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Thank you all. Have had 3 naps today and been quite feverish. Had to cancel our (one and only!) fun social evening out, but I couldn't have managed even walking to the bus stop, let alone talking to people and then travelling home. Dh has a gammy knee which needs lots of rest, and which wasn't getting it last week when he was working. But the main caretaker is back a week earier than we expected, which is a VERY GOOD THING, so he can rest up. We are a right pair!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Today has been an nsd :rotfl:. But dh did go to aldee for me, to buy items for the harvest festival on mon. Even with his gammy knee.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    No naps today! And fewer hm lemsips. But fresh jamas are being worn and the bedding has been changed. I must be able to go to work tomorrow...

It has been a rather productive day - and we know how good I am at sounding productive... A dark wash washed and pegged out; bed stripped and a whites wash done and hung inside. Dh has remade the bed. I've had a lovely hot bath, washed up twice; made vegan choc cake (need to make icing soon); roasted 1/2 pack of chicken drumsticks with veg and shoved 2 potatoes in to bake with them; made 3 school dinners for when I work; added bits to harvest festival box; picked rasps; printed needed bits for work; finished some nearly-finished crafts bits; stewed up 4 fruits; got dd to do her homework; fed us all thus far...

Craft-wise, this month I've completed: 8 hanging Cmas houses; 11 bunnies; 4 hanging reindeer; at least 7 owls. There are also several bits and bobs still in progress.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Currently watching 'how to stay young'. Currently feeling about 20 years older than my birth age!
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 24 September 2017 at 8:48PM
    Options
    Watty1 wrote: »

Saw fab poster on train in week. The ad read "breath in for the time it takes you to read this line,
    breath out for the time it takes you to read this line".

This stuck in my brain and I used it onFriday to calm down an agitated pupil. So simple I'm going to put relaxing music on and do this with her once a week. Thanks watty!

Glad you are feelings by a wee bit better apple but dont rush back to work, you will be tired if you go back too early. With everything else going on, you need to recover well and properly.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Thanks, earthgirl. But I will be going in. It is my only full day and is when I get most tasks done - as well as the teaching. If it weren't for the pesky trip, I'd be tempted... But there is sooo much to chase up still. So long as I'm not taken for cover, I should survive...
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,966 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you felt well enough to survive the day :)
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback