Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Happy 16th wedding anniversary tomorrow Apple :heart2:
    Have you & Mr Apple got anything special planned?
    Mortgage at highest (April 2008): ~£195,000
    Mortgage-free: January 2021
    Retired: June 2022 (186 months early!)
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Aww, thank you MWC! Can't quite believe we've done 16 years. Nowt special planned, although we've just decided to get an aldi ready meal for tea. So romantic, we are!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Happy anniversary, mr & mrs apple! :love::love: Enjoy your evening & weekend :)
    xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    100 sleeps until Christmas...!

(I think)
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Got myself up and out for a run this morning. Went a little further than last week, and ran more and walked less. All good.

Got myself and dd all ready to go to dance, then to specksavers to sort out her nose pieces, then on to a wedding, getting home at some unknown hour... Then realised that we didn't need to leave for another hour!

So I've stewed up more free fruit (apples, pears, blackberries and rasps) as I used the previous panful to make a summer pudding (ish). Chickpeas are a-soaking. Lobster (rescued form my dad's freezer months ago) has defrosted and is sitting patiently in a tupperware, waiting to be cut up and the measly amount of 'meat' extracted.

And flapjacks have been consumed.

A good use of the extra time, methinks.
  • michelle09
    Options
    Happy Anniversary! Glad it was a good one, enjoy the wedding today. :)
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    In the summer I read "Five go parenting", "Five go on a strategy away day" and "Five give up the booze". LMAO but not ideal for DD.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Plan IV ponderations:

Still looking at Health, Wealth and A Life Well Lived.

Health: weight, hands, right big toe, exercise, start running again?

Wealth: save up for Australia in August 18, keep paying down the mortgage, do something about/with my pension, keep tabs on all food spends

Life well lived: keep a balance, allocate tasks to a specific day (and time too if poss) instead of adding them to an interminable list, enjoy the days I don't work, keep on crafting and reading, enjoy my work

Week 2/12

Health: am up and running again - 3 times a week makes me a 'proper runner' I think. Still stretching every morning, and working on my toe which is rather stiff but is definitely more flexible than it used to be. My hands are improving, which is a relief.

Wealth: 5 NSDs in the week, 1 sainz shop for gf/df foods, £6.50 spent in the w0rks and £4.50 in ch shops (2.50 ona teddy for my niece and 3 on a syl fam hedgehog in its box for dd for cmas).

Life well lived: a good counselling session, trying to get things done at work (I am taking a group on a day trip to France soonand am chasing paperwork from them, plus 6 new pupils needed letters) was ... well ... trying, as I am still not used to the 2 week timetable differences. Not much time with dh, despite it being our wedding anniversary as we both seem to be super busy at the mo. 2 more weeks of uber busyness ahead... Crafting is pottering on - though losing most of Friday to a false appt slowed me down. Am now readin Tim Ferriss's 4 hour body. If only reading the book was enough...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I realised today that I need my time to myself, and it makes things harder when I don't get it. (No need for anyone else to read this - just want to get it out of my head!)

Last fri I took dd to the failed dietitian appt and food shopped; sat dd and I were out at dance, spocksavers and then a wedding (11am - 7pm ish); sunday we went to church/kids klub (9.30 - 2pm ish); mon I went to work at 6.30am, had a staff meeting after school and went straight to a governors meeting, getting home at 7.45pm; today I took dd to a successful dietitian appt, returned her to school then did an icyland shop before collecting her and then doing the to-ing and fro-ing brownies run. Looking ahead, I'm working weds and thurs, poss out thurs eve to visit a school; fri I'm attending a working together event at dd's school in the morning then going to bham to see mum, returning by sat afternoon as we are going to a PA social (whoop dee doo) in the evening (with dd in tow); sun will be church/kids klub again. Then back to work...

In short, I need more time than I am getting. (I don't get evenings, as dd is usually in bed only shortly before 9pm and I follow suit within 30mins usually!) What I am finding is that I am getting more anxious, esp re work. And I do struggle emotionally in the build up to visiting mum. And for a few days afterwards too.

I missed my counselling session and subsequent 'run' home today, which may be compounding how I feel.

Sometimes it feels like I am in a holding pattern, waiting for mum to die. And then I can grieve for dad - and mum - properly. That probably sounds awful. Sorry.
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,963 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Sometimes it feels like I am in a holding pattern, waiting for mum to die. And then I can grieve for dad - and mum - properly. That probably sounds awful. Sorry.

No ..it is honest and I understand. We have spent years trapped in the cycle of looking after dad, advocating for dad, adapting dad's house, dealing with dad's carers. To have had respite care this year was a gift but we were still dealing with the fall out.

I totally understand .....empathy ...hugs
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback