IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Charge - Middlesbrough

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    sheavesy wrote: »
    I have tried to follow the action shown but have run in to a problem and don't know how to proceed.
    I have received a solicitors letter out of the blue concerning an unpaid parking charge from 21/10/2012. I know nothing about this. I have never received a ticket nor any other correspondence.
    The solicitor is writing on behalf of UKCPS and relates to parking in a disabled space and not displaying a badge. I am disabled and have no way of knowing whether my badge was displayed but would bet money that it was.
    I have been in touch with the managers of the car park and they have told me that in 2012 the car park was operated by Dickens World, an attraction on the site. I have phoned them and have been told that they went bust in 2013 and whilst they are trading now they have no knowledge of anything prior to 2013. I went to the POPLA site as that was what the thread tells me to do but I have to have made an appeal before I go to them. Do I do this to UKCPS ltd or the solicitor? the letter from MIAH , the solicitor give me 14 days and their letter is dated 26th Sept.
    Where do I go from here?
    Back to your own thread where nobody told you to 'appeal' nor to ring/email POPLA (that boat has sailed, you missed the appeal timeline). Here's your thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5074160

Thought it was pretty clear what the options are - ignore or reply as per the Blissikins example letter that you WILL find when you search the forum for 'Miah' as a keyword. Get searching for relevant recent threads and stop reading fairly old stuff like this thread. Any queries, post on your own thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Driver382
    Options
    Unfortunately I've received a PCN through the post. I came across this very helpful forum, and I'm following the instructions of reading through the newbie stickies! There is a link in a sticky to Umkomaas' Walk Through, but I would like to double check something...
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    7. If it was an ANPR camera incident and the first correspondence you've received is the NtK, this needs to be received within 14 days of the incident; as above, dates very important, retain all paperwork.

I thought this would get me out of trouble straight away, as I received the PCN through the post 18 days after the alleged offence. But after reading through the BPA Code of Practice, I noticed section 33.3 which states:

You must post the parking charge notice to the keeper as
    soon as possible. Your target is to send the parking charge
    notice to the keeper of the vehicle no more than 14 days
    after receiving the keeper data from the DVLA, and no
    more than 35 days after the unauthorised parking event.

I think this means that they actually have 35 days to contact the Keeper. :(
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You need to read on further to para 33.5.

14 days to invoke keeper liability, thereafter they can only pursue the driver. This is the law! (PoFA 2012). It won't stop them trying to pressurise the keeper to pay via the NtK - they fail to recognise the legal requirement and plough on regardless.

This is where you have make sure you do not identify the driver, but make very clear in your initial appeal that they have failed to meet the timeline requirements of POFA 2012, and therefore as keeper, you have no liability. Tell them to contact the driver.

Use the appeal template in post #1 of the NEBIES FAQ sticky as your base.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Driver 382 you are missing the point but posting on the wrong thread. The POFA is the law, not the same thing as the BPA CoP which is..nothing much! And the Newbies thread tells you already that some PPCs never use POFA documents in which case they cannot hold a keeper liable.

You need to start your own new thread if you need to ask anything else!
  • annoyedparent
    Options
    My son has managed to appeal against a charge notice issued at his college. I have now just found out the appeal was rejected & the charge reduced to £15 for payment by 30 September. I have also just realised from this forum that the POPLA appeal period has also been missed due to a head in sand attitude by my son.
    He has now received a letter before claim from Premier solicitors wanting £80 to settle.

Where does he go from here & what is the significance of whether he is under 18 at the time of the notice being issued?

Many thanks.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Nothing significant in him being under 18 - we've discussed that before. But you need to start your own thread. Use the Forum Jump to get to page one.
  • Vinster75
    Options
    Hi,

I've read through the posts and I think I made a mistake. I had a letter in the post regarding a charge in Feb 13. I read some threads and ignored the letters - they stopped coming.

I've now had a letter from DRP demanding payment.

Not sure what to do next.

Seems as I though I shouldn't have ignored the letters as legislation changed 12/13.

I've reviewed the flow chart but that refers to responding to the initial letters from the parking company.

Since I ignored the initial letters, I am not sure what I should do next?

Do I just pay it?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I am not sure what I should do next?

Proceed to post #4 in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky; it will explain everything about debt collectors.

And NO, you don't pay it.

If you need to come back (and if you read the above carefully, you shouldn't need to) then please open a new thread of your own, as we deal with only one case per thread - to avoid confusion or a general free-for-all.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Stirfry999
    Options
    hi guys hope you can help me .I received an ncp parking ticket in Scotland in sept I have ignored it up until now but received a phone call then a letter saying if it was not paid yesterday they would pass it on to there litigation department what should I do. Thanks
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Stirfry999 wrote: »
    hi guys hope you can help me .I received an ncp parking ticket in Scotland in sept I have ignored it up until now but received a phone call then a letter saying if it was not paid yesterday they would pass it on to there litigation department what should I do. Thanks

Could you please start your own thread instead of hijacking this one.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure