IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Charge - Middlesbrough

Options

Comments

• Saleem_J
    Options
    jaimeo wrote: »
    Hi I believe I have received a NtK >56 days after the "offence". I cannot find a piece of legislation to quote in a soft appeal to the PPC. Does anyone know why 56 days is quoted in the first post in this thread?

Advice appreciated...

Thanks

I'm not 100% but I believe 56 days is required in BPA code of practice. I'd wait for coupon mad or guysdad to confirm that before you just accept what i say :P
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi I believe I have received a NtK >56 days after the "offence". I cannot find a piece of legislation to quote in a soft appeal to the PPC. Does anyone know why 56 days is quoted in the first post in this thread?

Advice appreciated...

Thanks

You asked for the legislation - here it is The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/schedule/4/enacted

28 days for the driver to respond to the Notice to Driver (typically windscreen ticket) then it's over to the Registered Keeper with the Notice to Keeper which has to be served within a further 28 days.

HTH
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Hi to you too. Please click the button below. :)

newthread.gif
  • jaimeo
    jaimeo Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    hi just wanted to let people know ticket was cancelled. If anyone wants detail of my response to them please let me know and I am happy to share it.

J
    Err, I'll get back to you about the funny signature
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Hi, good to be able help in a small way.

Yep, would be good to have details of your response; it will be of major help to others - if you could give us more detail.

Go for it :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• beady27
    Options
    Hi, new to all this just after a quick question

Can you still wait for the NFK if the appeal must be done within 28 days??

(Hospital car park, private car/owner)

Thanks
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    beady27 wrote: »
    Hi, new to all this just after a quick question

Can you still wait for the NFK if the appeal must be done within 28 days??

(Hospital car park, private car/owner)

Thanks

I do wish you hadn't hijacked this thread - please see my signature in the post immediately before yours. If you want to succeed in this process you must be prepared to read everything that is put in front of you.

But to quickly answer your question, and I presume this was in England or Wales, if this was a windscreen ticket then the 28 days appeal window is for the driver to appeal. There is NO merit at this stage in the driver getting involved. The Registered Keeper has more protection under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 and therefore why you should wait for the NtK. The RK will get his own 28 days to appeal.

Any more questions, please start a new thread of your own. But it would be best to spend some time reading (the best preparation for this for you) the 'NEWBIES' thread in the forum stickies - top of forum index page.

• jaimeo
    jaimeo Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    To whom it may concern

Please accept his email as an appeal against PCN ref in the subject line above. There are various reasons why I am appealing against this PCN:

1) I didn’t receive the original PCN (was this posted to me or put on my windscreen?)
    2) Your parking notices look like police notices as they are pinned to the side of a condemned building and the rest are attached to the boards that fence off the derelict hospital. The blue font you use reinforces this impression (i.e. I didn’t realise there were parking charges in operation).
    3) Your fine is outrageously high (and funnily enough right at the limit of what legislation allows).
    4) You haven’t mentioned duration of parking (I believe I am allowed sufficient time to change my mind about parking there?)
    5) You haven’t enclosed any proof (when I got a PCN in London they enclosed photos)

Most importantly:

6) It took you 80 days from the original PCN (18th Aug according to your letter) to issue me with a NtK (which is far too long).

My impression that your admin is not fantastic is not helped by the fact that despite requesting my details from DVLA you still refer to me as Ms Jaime O’Beirne…

Thanks
    Err, I'll get back to you about the funny signature
  • IanMSpencer
    IanMSpencer Posts: 1,517 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, can you edit the walkthrough? This is ambiguous to me:
    If you see the advice 'IGNORE' you MUST ignore it.
    I read that as saying that you will see stuff that tells you to ignore letters and it is important that you do nothing with these letters.

I think it means to refer to old advice on the forums and it might be one reason why people are still saying that they were confused about ignoring things.

Perhaps it would be better to clarify that with:

There are old threads on the forum which you must ignore as you will be misled. Our advice is never to ignore any letters as you need to check them but you are likely to get several letters that you need take no action. The process the parking firms take must follow a sequence.
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Thanks for your helpful suggestion Ian. I have made some amendment to the 'Walk Through' to reflect this.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport