IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Charge - Middlesbrough

Options

Comments

• SevenTowers
    Options
    Hi, can you edit the walkthrough? This is ambiguous to me:

I read that as saying that you will see stuff that tells you to ignore letters and it is important that you do nothing with these letters.

I think it means to refer to old advice on the forums and it might be one reason why people are still saying that they were confused about ignoring things.

Perhaps it would be better to clarify that with:

There are old threads on the forum which you must ignore as you will be misled. Our advice is never to ignore any letters as you need to check them but you are likely to get several letters that you need take no action. The process the parking firms take must follow a sequence.

Send your comments to Umkomass by IM
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797).
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Can't be done as the PM option doesn't appear against his name. ;)

The walk through says the BPA CoP is June 2013 - there is a later one, Feb 2014.

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/write/Documents/AOS/AOS_Code_of_Practice_-_V4,_Feb_2014.pdf
  • pjcook1985
    pjcook1985 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Sorry to bother you but would you mind answering a quick question for me? i got a NTK from vehicle control services for an "against their contract" at liverpool airport. It was from a camera that allegedly caught my car pulled up on a road that you cant pull up on. the event was more than 14 days ago from when i got the letter, does that mean i just send a rejection letter and ask for a popla code? do i tell VCS in my rejection why im rejecting (i.e. they didnt tell me about it within 14 days). Or is it more complicvated than that and i go down the "fee isnt justifiable"? I know you must get loads of questions but just want to make sure i send the right thing off
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    pjcook1985 wrote: »
    Hi,

Sorry to bother you but would you mind answering a quick question for me? i got a NTK from vehicle control services for an "against their contract" at liverpool airport. It was from a camera that allegedly caught my car pulled up on a road that you cant pull up on. the event was more than 14 days ago from when i got the letter, does that mean i just send a rejection letter and ask for a popla code? do i tell VCS in my rejection why im rejecting (i.e. they didnt tell me about it within 14 days). Or is it more complicvated than that and i go down the "fee isnt justifiable"? I know you must get loads of questions but just want to make sure i send the right thing off

what you actually need to do here first is to start your own thread using the blue NEW THREAD button on the main forum , just near the green banner on the left and copy and paste the above into it (not hijack somebofy elses thread)

thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You just need the NEWBIES sticky thread - the template appeal suits all cases.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pjcook1985
    pjcook1985 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    ok ta will do
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,494 Forumite
    Options
    bod1467 wrote: »
    Can't be done as the PM option doesn't appear against his name. ;)

The walk through says the BPA CoP is June 2013 - there is a later one, Feb 2014.

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/write/Documents/AOS/AOS_Code_of_Practice_-_V4,_Feb_2014.pdf

Just spotted this Bod - and have made necessary edit.

Have not been contributing as much as previously (taking a bit of a sabbatical having other stuff going on needing my attention) but have been reading threads quite regularly.

As Arnie says, 'I'll be back' (soon)!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    See you soon on here, Umkomaas - we have missed you!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • itchy83
    itchy83 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Coupon mad! I hope this doesn't annoy you - you are doing great work with all the info you are providing so thank you.

I just want to make sure the advice is still to avoid a charge notice I received for overstaying the time limit in the Livingston car park (In Scotland) ...

Its £50 if I pay before the 23rd of May, £90 after the 23rd and £40 extra if not paid within 28 days...

Has anyone had one more recently and how did they deal with it? What is the likelihood of them taking it further? I am a named driver and they don't know who was driving at the time either!

Thanks in advance,
    Itchy!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,494 Forumite
    Options
    itchy83 wrote: »
    Hi Coupon mad! I hope this doesn't annoy you - you are doing great work with all the info you are providing so thank you.

I just want to make sure the advice is still to avoid a charge notice I received for overstaying the time limit in the Livingston car park (In Scotland) ...

Its £50 if I pay before the 23rd of May, £90 after the 23rd and £40 extra if not paid within 28 days...

Has anyone had one more recently and how did they deal with it? What is the likelihood of them taking it further? I am a named driver and they don't know who was driving at the time either!

Thanks in advance,
    Itchy!

Annoyance is much more likely in the fact that you have hijacked an old thread which is about a PCN in Middlesborough, which, if my O'level Geography still serves me well, is not part of IRS (Independent Republic of Scotland).

Advice still for Scotland (and IRS if it materialises) is still ignore. The PPC can only pursue the driver and if they don't know who he/she is..............!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport