• Stuart_W
    Stuart_W Posts: 1,728 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    pingu wrote: »
    tesco sell now tv box £15 with sports day pass
    or
    £25 with 3 months movie pass not bad if you like films

£2 cashback on quidco for ordering the £9.99 box
    £10 cashback on quidco for starting a free movie trial and becoming a customer (£8.99 per month from month 2)

= £27.97 spend and £12.00 quidco cashback for box + 3 months films actually beats the 3-month deal from Tesco (net £15.97 outlay)

The Sports box deal, however, does work out better for sports-only fans, but future recurring purchases of Sports Passes then carry 10% cashback via quidco.

http://www.quidco.com/now-tv/
  • I have ordered myself one of these for Christmas.

Can anyone tell me if you get the full iplayer features, can you watch all bbc programs or just BBC1?

thanks

It's full iPlayer with 7 day catch up for all BBC channels/programmes.
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    That's good to know because the Sky box implementation is very poor.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • Own_My_Own
    Own_My_Own Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    I'm sorry if this has been covered before. Am at work and can't hunt for the answer.

Tesco have a NowTv box £25 with 3 months movies included. Currys have a Roku box (no movies) for £29.

What is the best offer. I know I get the films with the NowTv box, but I am thinking long term.

I don't want to waste my money on the wrong one and regret it later.

Thanks OMO.
  • pen1
    pen1 Posts: 369 Forumite
    edited 5 December 2013 at 1:57PM
    Hi Own My Own,

£29 is an exceptionally good price for the Roku LT, in my view. Previous prices have generally fluctuated between £35-£50 during 2013.

The Now TV box heavily restricts the channels available from the Roku store- see my post #29. If you're in to films, for example, you'll find that many of the free and paid options are not available on the Now TV version, so there's a considerable "trade-off" in access to content in return for the cheaper price of the Now TV box.

Personally, I wouldn't hesitate at £29 for the Roku LT- much wider access to content and you can still choose to buy Sky's/Now TV's content on it if you wish.

Aside from Now TV, Sky have also opened their movie rental service "Sky Store" to Now TV and Roku boxes this week (and Youview), so non-Sky TV customers can now rent/stream individual films:
    http://skymovies.sky.com/sky-store-now-offers-movies-for-everyone
  • Own_My_Own
    Own_My_Own Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    pen1 wrote: »
    Hi Own My Own,

£29 is an exceptionally good price for the Roku LT, in my view. Previous prices have generally fluctuated between £35-£50 during 2013.

The Now TV box heavily restricts the channels available from the Roku store- see my post #29. If you're in to films, for example, you'll find that many of the free and paid options are not available on the Now TV version, so there's a considerable "trade-off" in access to content in return for the cheaper price of the Now TV box.

Personally, I wouldn't hesitate at £29 for the Roku LT- much wider access to content and you can still choose to buy Sky's/Now TV's content on it if you wish.

Aside from Now TV, Sky have also opened their movie rental service "Sky Store" to Now TV and Roku boxes this week (and Youview), so non-Sky TV customers can now rent/stream individual films:
    http://skymovies.sky.com/sky-store-now-offers-movies-for-everyone

Thank you so much. I have reserved the Roku LT in our local Currys. Will collect it on my way home from work.

OMO.
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    NOW box just started playing up. It jumps like a stuck record and then starts a the beginning of the programme.

Tried rebooting it but still jumps. All programmes on 4OD.

Any ideas?
    illegitimi non carborundum
    1005922 Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Froggitt wrote: »
    NOW box just started playing up. It jumps like a stuck record and then starts a the beginning of the programme.

Tried rebooting it but still jumps. All programmes on 4OD.

Any ideas?

Prob an issue with the 4OD server. on the odd occasion the adverts !!!! up on the app I use for the Xbox
  • hardtimes
    hardtimes Posts: 345 Forumite
    Hi all

I have just ended a free month trial of movies with Now TV. When I cancelled they offered 4 months @£6.99 per month,I cancelled.

I clicked on free movies and gave wife's name and cc details and have got another free month of movies.

Result:T
  • Does anyone know if the passes you get with Now TV Bundles are valid for existing subscribers?

An Entertainment Pass is £4.99 per month, but allegedly rising to £8.99at the end of May. You can buy a 6 month bundle for £34.99 from Argos, saving about a £20 plus you've got a spare box to keep or sell.

The Movie pass is already £8.99 and Argos have a 5 month bundle with a box for £34.99 saving about a tenner.

They also do a sports bundle, but I believe that the pass is for 5 consecutive days not individual ones. Otherwise this would be a great deal as well, saving about £20 again.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's tried it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure