When do you put your Christmas tree up?

Options

Comments

• Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    dogcat wrote: »
    Usually around the twelfth of Dec.

That's the same as us. Usually the nearest weekend, or Wednesday, as neither of us work on Wednesdays.
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • neneromanova
    neneromanova Posts: 3,051 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    November the 6th :D (OH would go mental :rotfl: )

1st of December for me then taken down around new years :)
    What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine..
  • Toothfairy4
    Toothfairy4 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Options
    Usually during the first week of december. Will have our new baby and be off on maternity leave this year so i reckon i'll be dying to get it up to make the house look all lovely and festive for a family christmas :D
  • bagpussbear
    Options
    Usually the beginning of December, but whichever is the convenient of the weekends around that.

This year it will be 6/7th for us.
  • MadDogWoman_2
    Options
    Up 12 days before Christmas, down on 12th night.

It's the start of the magic for my DD, as we have Christmas Tree fairies that visit to put it up ;)

Then the fairies return on the 12th night to take it down.
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    DD Katie born April 2007!
    3 years 9 months and proud of it
    dreams do come true (eventually!)

• MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    DUKE wrote: »
    I ain't put a tree up for years! It all began when I decorated & didn't want to spoil it with all that er stuff :D Although I used to put it up on 1 December, then I changed it to 13 December as it's my husbands birthday on 12th & I wanted him to have his birthday without any interference from Crimbo.

Actually I did buy a real little tree from Sainsbury for a fiver in the sale (about a decade ago), I bought new baubles too. I loved that tree, watered it, cared for it for a year until the following Crimbo. Cleaned all the flat, put my lovely little tree up & then I noticed the bugs crawling on my lovely carpet! :-O I whipped it down, put it in the bin, & that was that really :-/

I'm not a fan of xmas decs. You do your home up the way you want it, it doesnt make sense to me to add tat at christmas!!!!
    My daughter is insisting I put a tree up if shes coming for xmas dinner, I said she can do it the Sunday before xmas if she must!
  • fireyfirenze
    Options
    Up 12 days before Christmas, down on 12th night.

It's the start of the magic for my DD, as we have Christmas Tree fairies that visit to put it up ;)

Then the fairies return on the 12th night to take it down.

Aww, you don't let her help you decorate it? it's one of my favourite memories of Christmas when I was little! and I look forward to doing it with my niece every year, she loves it.

although the idea of it appearing overnight is cute :)
  • lisawood78
    lisawood78 Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Options
    I don't bother any more. We don't spend Christmas day at home and its just a pain to clean up around it.
    And the dogs tend to barge stuff out of the way also.
    2 angels in heaven :A
  • Tenyearstogo
    Options
    The first weekend in December but it comes down on the 27th. The seasonal magic is in the build up. I hate seeing Christmas stuff once the day has passed.

It's a very real looking artificial tree. I don't like the idea of cutting down trees and flowers for indoor use.
  • Maz
    Maz Posts: 1,405 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We don't do a tree (we don't really do Christmas tbh) but we love the twinkly lights and sparkle.

My efforts usually involve assembling fallen branches in a corner, secured and stabilised as best I can, then hung with lights,silver gossamer and baubles.

When we take it down, we burn the branches on the fire. The 'tree' always gets loads of compliments too and best of all, it's free! I really don't like artificial trees so this is a more acceptable,cheap and evironmentally friendly alternative for us! A friend has a plastic tree and when it's all lit up all you can smell is warm plastic, it's horrible! And ker-ist, the dust it collects is unbelievable.

And there's no needles and all the mess with a dried out and dying tree. We just snap the branches and burn them.
    'The only thing that helps me keep my slender grip on reality is the friendship I have with my collection of singing potatoes'

Sleepy J.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport