When do you put your Christmas tree up?

Options

Comments

• ttc39
    ttc39 Posts: 691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    an artificial tree , put up about 1st december :-)
    Joined SW on 1.5.14 - Weight 11 stone 11 :eek:
    :A- 8/13 :A - 4/14
  • chelseablue
    chelseablue Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you have a real tree and put it up too early, By Christmas it's going to be looking a bit brown and dry!

Mines artifical so it looks lovely all year round ;)
  • Person_one
    Person_one Posts: 28,884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't have one at all. It took me long enough to fully house train my rescue dogs, I'm not going to risk confusion by bringing a tree indoors!

I think about a week before Christmas is perfect for decorations though. If they're up too early you're sick of the things by about the 20th.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    SternMusik wrote: »
    On the 24th of December. Always a real tree, not plastic. With real candles on. It is taken down on the 6th of January.

I'd LOVE real candles, Love, love , love them. But I think I'd be too scared. :(. The cats, dogs, furnishings etc make the tree feel precarious enough with lights. (And candles elsewhere in the room).

I envy you lots.

We do have real trees though. For me a artificial tree wouldn't be the same.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The weekend before christmas, so this year 21st/22nd. We have a real one that I want looking it's best actually at christmas not a week before. It comes down on the 2nd/3rd usually.

Even if we had an artificial tree I wouldn't want it up before then, I'd be sick of the sight of it by christmas if it went up sooner.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    Having a debate with my other half about when to put the Christmas tree up

I LOVE Christmas so want to do it on 1st December

He says not before 12th December as the 1st is too early (what a humbug!)

So out of interest if you particpate in Christmas trees and/or decorations when do you put yours up?

everyone has their own tradition about this - mine goes up on 1st december or nearest weekend date to that. Its an artificial tree though. If I were having a real tree it probably wouldn't be until a few days before Christmas Day.
  • dogcat_2
    dogcat_2 Posts: 21,401 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Usually around the twelfth of Dec.
  • fireyfirenze
    Options
    ours goes up the first weekend in December. artificial. bought it January in the sales alongside loads of decorations, can't wait to see what we actually bought when we get it out! excited.
  • DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 22 October 2013 at 5:02PM
    Options
    I ain't put a tree up for years! It all began when I decorated & didn't want to spoil it with all that er stuff :D Although I used to put it up on 1 December, then I changed it to 13 December as it's my husbands birthday on 12th & I wanted him to have his birthday without any interference from Crimbo.

Actually I did buy a real little tree from Sainsbury for a fiver in the sale (about a decade ago), I bought new baubles too. I loved that tree, watered it, cared for it for a year until the following Crimbo. Cleaned all the flat, put my lovely little tree up & then I noticed the bugs crawling on my lovely carpet! :-O I whipped it down, put it in the bin, & that was that really :-/
  • Gra76
    Gra76 Posts: 804 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    We leave it till 2 weeks before Xmas and then it's down again just before the new year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure