We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Diary of a spendy cow

Options

Comments

• Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Very impressed with all your budgeting and pots and a nice bonus on the 5 week months!

Similar 'non-problem' with extra points appearing on Nectar, but not complaining for sure. :D

Did you get a Homebase email for an extra 50 points - 2 min survey?

Adpoints has been and up and down all week I've found. Got in there ok last night.

Have a great day. :)
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Found where 200 points/£1 has come from on Nectar - it's for the train registration points for First Group. 2 lots have now been credited, fingers crossed for the other 3. :j
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,516 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I was just going to say the same thing Ali - I've had 200 points land on mine too!

Nice work on the list - hope the finger is OK Mooo
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • PositiveBalance
    PositiveBalance Posts: 1,268 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mooomin wrote: »
    Now, what have I forgotten??!

Your fifth week! :D

Glad to see you doing so well. Laptop was playing up again so I've been AWO but I should be around more now.

Keep on keeping on! :D
    Debt: £11,640.02 paid in full! DFD: 30/06/20
    Starter Emergency Fund (#187): £1000/£1000
    3 month Emergency Fund (#45): £3300/£3300
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was just going to say the same thing Ali - I've had 200 points land on mine too!

Nice work on the list - hope the finger is OK Mooo

It's fine, t'is but a scratch :D

My Nectar points show 100 being added but no clue why. If it was 200 that would make sense, but there's no rhyme nor reason :rotfl:

With last weeks Adpoints and a petrol fill-up last night I'm up to 5661 / £28.31 though so I can't really complain.

I didn't manage a NSD all weekend, but had brunch with a friend on Saturday and went to Fife with Mr Mooo on Sunday and all eating out cost under £20 for both days so I'm pretty pleased with that. I found some shoes for the weddings I'm going to for £15 in the M&S sale, just need to try them on with the dress and hope they match :D

Off to Debenhams later to return a dress that didn't fit.

First though, have to strip last night's roast chicken before I have my morning shower :D It's another dinner of leftovers at Château Mooo tonight ;)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,967 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy Monday Moo & friends :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Pippilongstocking
    Pippilongstocking Posts: 16,336 Forumite
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »

And from here too :)
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • mooomin
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    And from here too :)
    Happy Monday both :D

Haircut booked for Saturday so need to find some money for it!
  • girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ...mmm might think about that myself :)

Trying to do that with the pets (and switch them to an accident / injury policy which is a lot cheaper) BUT Maisie keeps having vet trips costing around £100 (so not worth claiming on insurance anyway) and wiping it out :(

Works for me. I have a balance of about £800 in the account at the moment but I pay their yearly injections and 6 monthly flea injections out of it. I just paid the 2 weeks cattery fees for our holiday in July from it :o so it has come down a bit. I pay in religously though as our last kitty had cancer and it cost rather a lot for her treatments. She was old when we got her so I couldn't have got insurance for her. That's how it started.

My first 200 Nectar points have just credited as well. Still doesn't explain your 100 though.
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
  • mooomin
    Options
    No change on the Nectar front and no sign of the Adpoints site working. I just get a big down for maintenance message when I try to log in.

Money:

Current account: £26.89
    Purse: £3.06
    Savings account: £1604.89

My Orange direct debit has come off and it's for £3.56 as promised (although there's still no sign of the bill confirming why that is)

Now it's time for the weekly wondering of why I'm allowed a credit card :o

Balance: £152.26
    Credit card holding account: £78.40
    To be refunded: £48.50 (£22.50 Debenhams and £26 New Look)
    Outstanding: £25.36

I'm owed £37.50 from friends for gig tickets and may well return the £15 shoes I bought, so I'm in credit again. Good grief! On the plus side, if I pay all the money I'm owed to the card and return the shoes I'll be £27.14 in credit which is two thirds of the cost of the haircut I'm getting on Saturday...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure