Diary of a spendy cow

Options

Comments

• mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Remember how I couldn't resist a new shiny phone and did an early upgrade? I was expecting a charge on my last bill for cancelling my contract of about £35, plus my normal line rental for the last month of £30ish too :eek:

I can't log in to my account because I've moved the number so was worried about what the cost would be and when it would debit.

I've just called Orange and they have said my last bill is showing as £3.64 :D I've asked for a paper copy and convinced them to waive the normal charge for this, so I can review it and see what's going on, but I might be £60 up :j
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,626 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Here's hoping then :)

Any idea where I could get a red cardi to go with owl frock?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mooomin
    Options
    Primark and Tesco are my two go-tos for half-decent knitwear without spending more than £15 :D
  • mooomin
    Options
    Money:

Current account: £3.07
    Purse: £35
    Food account: £18.85

Good MSE things:
    • Balance of £132 in my Paypal account
    • My spreadsheet of groceries is rather nice. I've paid £56.15 for £71.88 of food so far.
    • I should be within budget for food again this week.
    • I realised, thanks to a quick run in to Tesco last night on the way home, that my local one discounts their bread to 90% off an hour before they close. One for the memory banks there :D

Not so good MSE things:
    • I should not be allowed to take my credit card to the pub :o
    • I *still* don't have a dress for the weddings at the end of the month. The one I bought I don't like. Two more on the way from Debenhams...
    • I don't know how we'll manage petrol for these weddings either. It's going to have to come from savings or my Paypal account. Bah.
    That's my quick update!
  • mooomin
    Options
    Usual brain splurge while I figure out what's going on with my credit card:

Balance (including some transactions not yet added): £156.02

Things to be refunded: £83.50

Outstanding balance: £72.52

Balance in credit card account: £45.18

Remainder: £27.34 to find

Given that this includes £44.50 of spends at Debenhams which will be covered by my Paypal account if the dresses fit, I'm essentially in a credit balance situation again. I have no idea how this keeps happening!
  • beanielou
    Options
    When you work out how it keeps happening please let me know :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    When you work out how it keeps happening please let me know :)

And me :( lord only knows what I've been doing with mine lately :o
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • mooomin
    Options
    I have no clue ladies :D I think that because I'm trying to use my credit card less when I do spend on it I transfer money to the "pay off the credit card" account. If I refund things I don't always remember to take the money back. It's the only thing I can think of anyway!

Off to work today with a packed lunch of fruit, a cereal bar, leftover jambalaya and fresh-cut pineapple (much cheaper than buying a tiny pot of it!)

The sun is shining and I'm risking putting my washing out again. I did that yesterday and we had the first thunder storm in AGES :rotfl:
  • beanielou
    Options
    & some thunder storm it was :eek:
    CWas lovely in the morning though~sat out at Vane Farm!!

• girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't like thunder and lightening :( I was at work when it happened yesterday. I jumped at the first flash I saw. I was looking away from the window when the second flash happened but then there was another one, and then another, all within about 3 seconds of each other. When I looked round towards the window, I saw a recovery vehicle with an orange flashing light just disappearing out of view... :o:rotfl:
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts