We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Diary of a spendy cow

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 92,244 Ambassador
    Debt-free and Proud! Home Insurance Hacker! PPI Party Pooper I've been Money Tipped!
    I tried Morrisons recently too & was impressed.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Second Anniversary
    I like Morrisons :)
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • beanielou
    Debt-free and Proud! Home Insurance Hacker! PPI Party Pooper I've been Money Tipped!
    They have great offers & a fish counter & a great salad bar.
    Great now there is only me :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Morning all :D

After last night's trip to Morrison's I have £26.04 left in my weekly budget. Today I need a quick run to Aldi to get bread, milk, cat litter and some veg that weren't as cheap in Morrison's :D

My meal plan is looking pretty good and I just need to get some batch cooking done tomorrow (Mainly soup!) We're going to have a roast chicken for dinner and I plan to have enough extra meat from that to cover two more dinners.

I'm going to wander to Sainsbury's today as well as they are giving away a book by one of my favourite authors when you buy the Guardian. I have a voucher for 40 extra Nectar points when you buy pasta too, and I may as well add some more to the cupboard! Just as well really, I've only had 11 points from Adpoints this week...
  • beanielou
    Yes, adpoints falling dramatically :(
    I got milk in M's the other day for 84p~thought that was ok.

• Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Debt-free and Proud! Photogenic First Post
    Unfortunately no Morrisons in N Ireland:(
  • mooomin
    Morning all :D

All my food shopping is now done thanks to a wee trip to Aldi last night and I'm up to £24.82/£37.50 weekly budget :eek: I'm up to three SFDs though (because I don't count food shopping) as I didn't get my free book after all.

I also didn't spend the £10 I had planned for my friend's birthday yesterday, so that's in a jar in case I need to spend it later this month.

Today is going to be a mainly lazy day involving selling craft things on Facebook. I need a dress for the weddings I'm going to but didn't budget for one, so have to raise some funds. It'll help me declutter a bit more as well :D

First though, breakfast...
  • girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Third Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    The only thing that annoys me about Morrisons (at the moment; it does vary) is that their savers mozzarella balls used to be 44p. They are now 55p. After announcing their losses I thought they might bring the price back down again like they did with other products (the milk, for example) but no. We eat loads of mozzarella and I have stopped buying it there and I buy it in Lidl (at 44p) each week instead as there is one near where Little Miss Gap dances.
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
  • mooomin
    Not a bad day's decluttering all in all - I have £80 in my Paypal that I didn't have yesterday, another £15ish to come in cash when I see various friends and someone else will be paying by bank transfer when she gets paid, so that'll go straight to my ISA.

Nectar points are up to 5424 / £27.12 thanks to some surveys yesterday. Adpoints are still dismal.

I'm working today (I can't get used to working bank holidays, it's not civilised!) and after work doing some furniture moving - I'm finally moving my old freezer to my friend's house and then picking up a new chest of drawers. It's the same as my Ikea one but I'm paying £20 instead of £85 for it :D:D
  • mooomin
    I'm not doing too bad on my challenges:

SFDs 6/15
    LTWs 5/19
    Exercise days 5/20
    ISA savings £56.75/£50 :j
    Food: £31.81/£150
    Birthday fund: £10/£40 saved
    Car fund: £25/£100 saved
    Entertainment: £0/£120
    Petrol: £0/80
    Misc spends: £20/£100

All is well in the Land Of Mooo at the moment. I'm keeping on budget (so far!) but food is proving to be a trial, especially budgeting weekly. I have a couple of bits to get tonight but I'm going to go to Asda and try and get my crumpets YS. The cat has already dropped a brand as his senior biscuits are £4 for 800g when on offer, but I got another brand for £2.70 for 950g. If he eats them without protest then he's sticking with that :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.