Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...

Options

Comments

• Debsnewbudget
    Options
    Have a wonderful Christmas Puzz, even if it does include sprouts :rotfl:
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Have a wonderful Christmas Puzz, even if it does include sprouts :rotfl:

:xmassign: To you as well Debsnewbudget, hope you have a good one...

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Good Morning..

Well blink and you miss it... All done and dusted for another year....I did wonder yesterday if it was too early to take the decorations down.....:rotfl:

All presents loved by recipients. Puzz did well with chocolates, nice smellies, £200 cash and £160 gift cards...:T

And back to the grind.. I am going to pay myself today and ended the month with £247.. so that will be getting potted today...

Nothing very exciting to report.. bit of a tired puzz as OH is unwell and was snoring/coughing etc through the night so I was awake from 2am until just before 6... :eek: Alarm went off at 7.15..... early night for me I think.. and directing OH to the chemist to talk to a pharmacist as he is a typical man and won't go to the doctors, although usually we are all better by the time we get an appointment....

Off to the office later, gentle run down to the NY...

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Sounds like a nice selection of gifts, Puzz:T.

I don't know why but Christmas seems to have been pretty low-key everywhere this year. Even the telly Christmas offerings were rubbish. There seems to have been a distinctive lack of Christmassy decoration and general gaiety in the shops and towns. I love Christmas lights but the local councils must have been trying to save on their electricity bill this year:(. Normal lack of Christmas cheer in this house, OH doesn't 'do' Christmas:(. Not for religious reasons, he's just Scrooge personified whatever time of the year it is:eek:. No dilemma about taking down the decorations here;). I'm always glad when it's all over and the outside world gets back onto it's normal timetable.

I sound a real misery-guts today don't I? Still feeling very sad about George Michael:(
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    :j Well its Friday so worth a happy dance....

Very unproductive few days 'working'.... OH still down with man flu, dd slowly getting on with some work.. exam next weekend..:eek:

Money news..

Have potted the £250 left from last month into 5 pots.. have opened some new one's for more saving items for 2017... I now have about 15 saving accounts all with specific purposes linked to my main current account... Come Tuesday my dmp will be paid to creditors.. £70 going this month so that's £530 coming back into my savings... some will go into rent for dd, the rest will be split.. also got to pay dad £100 first payment for the car but I do have cash from Christmas so will probably use that this month..

I am going to play with my figures for my dmp again, I know that some of my categories such as car insurance is too low now and all will change with the increase in c.tax, b.gas contract, gas & elec come the spring and I haven't changed any of these since I started so now may be the time.. I don't want to go to low as I would like to pay off £4 - £5 k this year but also want to be saving for f & f's.... will play about and be back at some point with my plan..

New Year.. well its nearly here, best do my resolutions so that I can break them....:rotfl:

One that I am not breaking is to be braver.. I am a coward due to my anxiety.. I have my first plan ready.. shiny new car and lovely mother are coming out for the day on the Bank Holiday and we are going to drive to dd's uni.. I want and need to be able to do this and would like a practice as I have said I will take her and pick her up next weekend.. My driving has been very limited for the last 10 years to just local journeys, years back I would think nothing of bombing round the motorways, although I am not brave enough for that I will be sticking to the A roads...

Right enough waffle for the morning, I must get on with .. making a cup of tea I think.. and giving dd a morning prod....

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • sickasachip13
    Options
    Hey Puzzcat,
    Another long-timer here checking in. We've hammered our debt down from about £40k to about £10k, I've also nearly paid my whole student loan and we've actually managed to save too! It's been quite a 6 years lol. I posted on the DMP thread as I'm now thinking we should leave Stepchange and go self-managed, and someone suggested you had done this? If this is correct, at what stage (or page lol) did you decide to do this and how's your experience been?
    Cheers dear
    SAAC13
  • CP2016
    CP2016 Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Puzzcat - another long timer (since 2012) here but with a new account. The old one had too much personal info on it and I'm trying to be discreet about my DMP.

Have a fab new year and enjoy the driving!
    “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.”
    Wiliam Morris
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 30 December 2016 at 3:19PM
    Options
    Hey Puzzcat,
    I posted on the DMP thread as I'm now thinking we should leave Stepchange and go self-managed, and someone suggested you had done this? If this is correct, at what stage (or page lol) did you decide to do this and how's your experience been?
    Cheers dear
    SAAC13

Hi, sickasachip:hello:. Very interesting name you picked there:rotfl:

I'm sure Puzz will be along again soon to help you. She's been brilliant describing her method of going about things:A. I just wanted to say that mainly as a result of her very positive experiences of being self-managed I've finally bit the bullet to do it myself:j. I've been on a SC DMP since March 2013 and have about 3 years still to go now. I'm in the very early stages of going self-managed and have only got as far as cancelling SC (and the January payment to them) and sending off letters to creditors. Not much received back yet, Christmas has obviously slowed everything down. I intend to have January as a payment 'holiday' anyway so I can get a bit of emergency cash behind me before my new system starts. I'm planning to start off with pretty much the same level of payments that I had with SC but will no doubt be varying it as and when necessary;). Looking forward to the flexibility to do that.

Good Luck:beer:
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Hey Puzzcat,
    Another long-timer here checking in. We've hammered our debt down from about £40k to about £10k, I've also nearly paid my whole student loan and we've actually managed to save too! It's been quite a 6 years lol. I posted on the DMP thread as I'm now thinking we should leave Stepchange and go self-managed, and someone suggested you had done this? If this is correct, at what stage (or page lol) did you decide to do this and how's your experience been?
    Cheers dear
    SAAC13
    CP2016 wrote: »
    Hi Puzzcat - another long timer (since 2012) here but with a new account. The old one had too much personal info on it and I'm trying to be discreet about my DMP.

Have a fab new year and enjoy the driving!
    Hi, sickasachip:hello:. Very interesting name you picked there:rotfl:

I'm sure Puzz will be along again soon to help you. She's been brilliant describing her method of going about things:A. I just wanted to say that mainly as a result of her very positive experiences of being self-managed I've finally bit the bullet to do it myself:j. I've been on a SC DMP since March 2013 and have about 3 years still to go now. I'm in the very early stages of going self-managed and have only got as far as cancelling SC (and the January payment to them) and sending off letters to creditors. Not much received back yet, Christmas has obviously slowed everything down. I intend to have January as a payment 'holiday' anyway so I can get a bit of emergency cash behind me before my new system starts. I'm planning to start off with pretty much the same level of payments that I had with SC but will no doubt be varying it as and when necessary;). Looking forward to the flexibility to do that.

Good Luck:beer:

:T:T:T Lots of lovely visitors.. how nice...

Thank you cbc for holding the fort in my absence. x

CP2016... change of user name.. umm... wonder if we have met before..? Good luck with the DMP and Happy New Year to you too..

SAAC13.. Hello to you, yes I went self managed earlier this year and I have had no issues at all. I used the nedcab website and adapted my budget/payments as they divide it differently to SC and I wanted to stay the same initially.. I have had to reduce my payments twice during the year once to 50% and then I took the decision to drop to token £5 payments for 3 months as I have to make up my dd's student loan to pay the rent..! I always write to all the creditors and TELL them what I am doing, most put me on a 6 month token plan so that is what I am doing. I will be redoing my i & e to reflect my new extra rental/uni costs for dd and will be reducing my payments to all as I also want to save for f & f's in the future...

My diary entries would be about pages 47 onward for my chatter about setting up self managed..

Do feel free to ask anything if you need any help..

Happy New Year to you too.

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    :j:j Nice shiny New Year...:j:j

Quiet night in the puzz household last night.. dd was invited to a party but didn't want to go so we bought (well OH did..) a movie from sky... ordered a Chinese takeaway.. £35..:eek: and I was in bed well before the chimes and fireworks.. didn't hear a thing....

Up bright and early this morning as OH was off to work.. well I was up he slept in until 8.15.... Am currently on 2nd load of washing, have been and filled car with petrol ready for tomorrow's trip out and have checked banking...

NY plans..

Well same old, same old..

Weighed in at.... 11.4... fatty puzz... so aiming at getting to 10.7 hopefully in time for summer....

All the normal resolutions.. eat less, move more, drink less etc..etc....

The big one for me this year is going to be 'BRAVE' I am starting tomorrow with my journey to dd's uni.. with the added challenge of having lovely mother chattering all the way there and back.. just the 100 odd miles.....:eek:

My other challenge for this year is to save enough to get dd driving lessons. she is off for a long time in the summer so it is the perfect time...

Today's other jobs include re-doing my budget for my new dmp payments when they start again properly in April..

I have started the year owing..

£4000 to lovely father..and £40655 to my dmp.. so close to having paid off a third.. currently on 32.4%. I would like to be in the mid 30's by the end of 2017.. we shall see....

Hope you all had a lovely NYE and happy debt busting for 2017...

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts