Sky Movies £1 a month for 3 months

Comments

• Dips
    Dips Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thing is I think they will have placed a note on my account about my previous phone call so I don't think it will work now.

I rang to cancel my multiroom today in the hope they would give me a Sky+ box for my upstairs room (already have one downstairs) on the cheap but they didn't even offer me a thing.
  • Dpk wrote: »
    Is this being given to those still on 12m contracts

my sister is 6 months into a 12 month contract and actually received a phone call to add her onto this £1 offer.

i didn't receive anything but thought i'd phone and blag the offer. didn't work!
    they told me it had been sent randomly to people on the £21 subscription, but as i pointed out, that was rubbish as my sister is on the sports package, same as me. still didn't work!
  • gulife
    gulife Posts: 94 Forumite
    oh well, just tried to take up the offer, and they were having none of it. even said i wanted to cancel the sky account, and they passed me through. retentions said they couldn't apply the offer to my account either, and asked if i wanted to proceed with cancellation.
    i agreed.

absolutely awful. thank god i'm in a virgin media area...
  • Hi just taken up the offer with sky it took two phone calls though, i put on my friendliest voice and said that a friend had just told me about the offer and the kind lady at the other end said fine no problem,unlike the first lady i spoke to its just pot luck i guess! good luck.
  • alanclose
    alanclose Posts: 2,226 Forumite
    gulife wrote: »
    oh well, just tried to take up the offer, and they were having none of it. even said i wanted to cancel the sky account, and they passed me through. retentions said they couldn't apply the offer to my account either, and asked if i wanted to proceed with cancellation.
    i agreed.

absolutely awful. thank god i'm in a virgin media area...

From reading lots of sky threads they may ring you up before your termination date and offer you a deal. It seems a bit drastic to cancel just because you can't get a particular offer. You could probably wait until the day before your date and say you have changed your mind
  • Dips
    Dips Posts: 128 Forumite
    Unlikely that they would call you before your termination date? Surely they would let you sweat it out a week or so before ringing you offer a deal.
  • outbidder
    outbidder Posts: 883 Forumite
    First Post
    My letter arrived the day after I cancelled! :rotfl:
  • ClaireDares
    ClaireDares Posts: 217 Forumite
    What if you have the whole sky package, will it still work,
    UPDATED: 12/11/2007: Tesco's: 460 Points, Boot's: £8.90, Bank Charges: £266, Ciao: £7.60, Valued Opinions: £2.50, Mum's Opinions: £5.50, LightSpeed: 1005 Points, Ipoints: 1452 Points, PigBack: £23.20, Consumer Pulse: 30500 x 16 Vouchers, CashBack Site: £2.50, PinkCashback: £23.70, BritishRewards: £2.87, Test&Vote: 42567 Points
  • gulife
    gulife Posts: 94 Forumite
    well well.
    less than 24 hours since i put in my 30 days notice, sky have called me back offering to put me on the top package at £10 for 6 months, if i sign up to a new 12 month contract. not bad, so i agreed.
  • marbella
    marbella Posts: 847 Forumite
    Don't forget to cancel 30 days before the offer ends ie if it is a 3 month offer, cancel in the 2nd month as they charge in advance and you get stung for an extra month, (i did)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure