🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Brother borrowed 20k without consent

Options

Comments

• lemonpopsicle
    Options
    Oh Nananina that's tragic. Wishing you and your poor dad some peace at this difficult time. You are in my thoughts xx
    Life's little instructions- Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated..Watch a sunrise at least once a year..Strive for excellence not perfection:j
    £2 SC no.70 £140/£350
    SPC no.73 SPC9 £248 SPC10 target £250
    DFBX12 No. 069 £7719 / £7719 DEBT FREE 30/11/12
    2013 mfw No.4 MORTGAGE FREE 5/8/13
  • bigmock
    bigmock Posts: 97 Forumite
    Options
    so sorry to hear that x
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    I'm so sorry it has come to this now.

Wishing you both best wishes at dealing with this now.
  • RuthnJasper
    RuthnJasper Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SO very sorry to hear of this Nana. My heart goes out to you.

I wish I had words that could help to soothe and comfort, but I know that no words are adequate. It's so unfair. Thinking of you very much. xxx
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So very sad and I have heard similar stories from my own friends. A warning to us all don't trust your family with money.

Have you / your dad considered taking this case to a no win no fee solicitor?
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • wheezy57
    wheezy57 Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    Options
    I hate to ask but has your brother offered any support?
  • NANANINANOONOO
    Options
    missile wrote: »
    So very sad and I have heard similar stories from my own friends. A warning to us all don't trust your family with money.

Have you / your dad considered taking this case to a no win no fee solicitor?

We did try that but unable to establish if brother has any money or if his assets are set against outstanding debts. Dad would win case but it seems these companies will only take on cases where they are guarenteed to get themselves a quick pay off at end of it :0(
  • NANANINANOONOO
    NANANINANOONOO Posts: 140 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 February 2015 at 11:29PM
    Options
    wheezy57 wrote: »
    I hate to ask but has your brother offered any support?

No nothing not even a word from brother or his family - absolutely everything is down to me emotionally and finacially again - dad is clinging to me and I am abdolutely heartbroken.

Despite his devasting diagnosis my dad says he is not bothered about seeing any of them but inside I know it must hurt that they show not an iota of concern. Of course dad may change his mind & ask to see them as his symptoms progress & myself & my family have made it clear to dad we will do whatever it takes to make that happen without any animosity or reprocussions so they have no excuse for not seeing him.

If not for my brother dad would be able to afford the best care & comfort available in his hour of need. Any man with an ounce of humanity would not let his father pass without an attempt at reconcilliation or an apology even if not heartfelt or sincere.

It is all beyond me & I am dreading what lays ahead.
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Options
    I can only admire your dignity through all of this, you are a credit to your Father.

Best wishes.
  • Brenny
    Brenny Posts: 528 Forumite
    Options
    I can only reiterate what Apples2 has said. Stay strong.

I assume by what you say your brother knows the situation? If he does then he will live with the pain of knowing what he did (and didn't do) to his father in the future.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport