🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

This Time I'm Really Going To Do It

Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Thinking of you, Watty - hope things are improving xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 5,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 November 2017 at 3:01PM
    Options
    Not a lot of improvement lately. Its why I've not been on here. I went away for a few days which was nice, but, then back to the same old crap. Mr Watty still working but clearly in a very bad place.

Feel the counselling friend took serious advantage of the situation but will wait til she returns from travelling to see how that one unfolds. She is based in the US and I had agreed she could charge my card as she did three x three hour chats with Mr Watty. !!!!!!. Nearly feel off my chair when I saw the amount. Mr Watty has no recollection of what he has signed up for and lets just say for that sum (over £1000) I would hope it is some kind of long term programme - but- I have serious reservations about him working with a friend of mine. I think that crosses professional boundaries and certainly am not happy about that. As I say will wait till she returns before hitting the roof as there may be an explanation

And Mr Watty in same old mess.
    Mr Watty wants very little to do with me most of the time, to the extent that last Monday I found a little office to move the business too and spoke with a friend about moving the horses to her yard. Mr Watty said that was all fine though he had hoped we would stay together, although, that seems to be more on 'we live in the same house' basis as he likes the horses, and, obviously the dog can stay if I am around.

In the end I didn't follow through as I am utterly confused as to what to do and decided simply moving out made everything very final. And with no family I felt very alone.
    Oh ....and in case anyone is wondering....there has been no sight or sound from brother
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Hugs to you dear Watty. Thank you so much for coming back on and letting us know how things are. Thinking of you x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    God bless Watty. Do what is right for you. Xxx
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Watty - what does your gut instinct say to you lovely? I am so sorry you are going through this. You are not alone - we are here for you. Lots of love to you xxx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Sending love and strength Watty. Please feel free to call me if you want to talk.

Very best wishes Tilly xxxx
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • FloppyDisk
    Options
    Oh Watty, that is a lot to get your head around. Moving office and horses is a big decision, you have paid an awful lot towards that house, financially and emotionally!
    Mortgage Apr 18 £417,894 BTL Mar 18 £162,857
    Mortgage now -- £350,085 BTL now --- £162,668
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,122 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thinking of you Watty, your MFW family are here for you xx
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 November 2017 at 4:29PM
    Options
    Watty, I've just snipped the bits of your last post where I feel I have something specific to add, hope that's okay.
    Watty1 wrote: »
    Feel the counselling friend took serious advantage of the situation but will wait til she returns from travelling to see how that one unfolds. She is based in the US and I had agreed she could charge my card as she did three x three hour chats with Mr Watty. !!!!!!. Nearly feel off my chair when I saw the amount. Mr Watty has no recollection of what he has signed up for and lets just say for that sum (over £1000) I would hope it is some kind of long term programme - but- I have serious reservations about him working with a friend of mine. I think that crosses professional boundaries and certainly am not happy about that. As I say will wait till she returns before hitting the roof as there may be an explanation
    You're right to have reservations. Working with a friend's husband for that number of hours crosses an awful lot of boundaries.

Three hour sessions?
    I'm not one of the classical "fifty minute hour" sessions myself, and when my niche therapy that I worked in first started, the sessions were open ended. Originally that really meant two hours. When I went self employed, we advertised that the sessions were 1.5 hours, and charged (less) accordingly. You can't concentrate on one person's pain in a therapeutic way for three whole hours without any breaks, that's my professional opinion that's been borne out by my own experience with time boundaries.

A friend's husband? She has direct knowledge of you, and indirect knowledge of him, and probably expects that your relationship will continue? You'll find very, very few therapeutic organisations, if any at all, that would condone her behaviour with this. A one-off when somebody is immediately suicidal, yes; more than that, no.

The money. She didn't tell you what her rate was, or how long her sessions would be, or how often they'd be. Even though *you* left it open-ended, her own professionalism should have required her to offer you informed consent.

Waiting before hitting the roof. Absolutely right! Write down the questions you want to ask her, and the statements of what you expect. I may have told you about https://www.bacp.co.uk/ before, the British Assn for Counselling and Psychotherapy. Particularly, check out the Information tab.

Also check out http://www.counselling-directory.org.uk/online-counselling.html
    I never enrolled with them myself while I was working, but I used it in helping clients find new counsellors when I retired, and some of them have been very good, this is the only resource I use now.
    In the end I didn't follow through as I am utterly confused as to what to do and decided simply moving out made everything very final. And with no family I felt very alone.
    Oh ....and in case anyone is wondering....there has been no sight or sound from brother
    I think your gut instinct is leading you the right way there - it's a truism that we always try to encourage in people, not to make a permanent, life changing decision when you're in the middle of an emergency.
    CathT wrote: »
    Thinking of you Watty, your MFW family are here for you xx
    Absolutely! I'm so sorry to hear that things are so rotten for you. You don't have to wait till things change before you post - use this as a diary of how you slept, the good things you managed to eat, anything you want.
    Thinking of you.
    Save
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    I think it is Mr Watty's brother, who seems to have been at best a catalyst for this crisis.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure