We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Royal Mail Surveys rewarded with Stamps.

Options

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,150 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have more stamps than I can use in my lifetime. Has anyone any suggestions/personal experience how I could turn them into cash. I have tried selling to friends but they weren't interests as they also use so few.
    molerat wrote: »
    They shift fairly well on ebay at about 5-10% off face value with free postage.
    I just looked on ebay to shift some of mine. Several 12x1st going for £3.50 to £5 so not worth the effort - how can they afford to sell large quantities at £3.50 ?
  • luckwudaveit
    Options
    I recently sold 24x1st for £10.50 +£0.80 P&P. I was keen to charge P&P to use another stamp up and get revenue for it. Free P&P should really be 2nd class, but I don't have of those.
  • 8pumpkinpie8
    Options
    Everyone should have had this email today I imagine, but as it comes up as a question all the time, I thought I'd post this:

We’re writing to let you know about a change in the time slots which we allocate for your Saturday postings.

Up to now you may have noticed that Saturday postings are allocated slots either before or after midday. Some of you have queried postings scheduled after midday, as most post boxes have last collection times (LATs) before midday on Saturdays.

From September 12th all your Saturday postings will be allocated the same time slot “Before Last Collection.” Please whenever possible post your Saturday items accordingly.

While most of you will have post boxes in your postcode area with a Saturday LAT around midday, we’re aware that some of you may only be able to get to boxes with the new earlier Saturday collection time of 07:00.

If you can’t get to a post box before last collection we’d like you still to post your item on the scheduled date, confirming the LAT at the post box you used, that you posted the item after last collection, and the actual time of posting.

Monitoring Saturday mail presents us with different challenges, and we hope you’ll understand that this change is meant to improve our measurement of Royal Mail’s Saturday collection service.

We’d like to thank you for your continued help.
    Kind Regards
    Postal Survey Team
    Comper and general cheapskate :)
  • luckwudaveit
    Options
    Yes, I had the email too. It clarifies what I've been doing anyway.

I'm amazed that some areas have an LAT of 7am on Saturdays. All that is collecting is late mail from Friday night, plus any from early risers. That's a terrible service.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, I had the email too. It clarifies what I've been doing anyway.

I'm amazed that some areas have an LAT of 7am on Saturdays. All that is collecting is late mail from Friday night, plus any from early risers. That's a terrible service.

not really. Its an advancement of the 9am COLOD boxes. So they will more than likely be collected around 9-12am.
    However to ensure it is collected that day,then get it to box by 7am.
    As usual the box will indicate the nearest late box.
  • chrissycn
    Options
    I did my training last month and have now progressed to be a full panellist. However, I only received some first class stamps at the start of my training in July and have had nothing since. I assumed the next set of stamps would have been in my first sender pack after training. I would be very grateful if somebody more experienced could advise.
    Best wins so far - :jMini Cooper D, ITV Cash Prize, Family Holiday to France, £2.5K Holiday Vouchers, £800 Dinner Set :j
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    chrissycn wrote: »
    I did my training last month and have now progressed to be a full panellist. However, I only received some first class stamps at the start of my training in July and have had nothing since. I assumed the next set of stamps would have been in my first sender pack after training. I would be very grateful if somebody more experienced could advise.

With me only only set of stamps during training and once on the live panel received another in my first sender pack and I think I received a set of first day issue stamps.
  • fraserbooks
    Options
    I received my stamps and £2.00,love to shop vouchers for posting a parcel in a separate mailing. I had to post a cube during training.) I also got a presentation set of Shakespeare stamps when I was taken on to the panel.

I am suprised how bad some of the incoming mail I is now I have gone live, I received one today that was stamped instead of metered.
  • stephenliverpool1
    Options
    Back on the main survey now. Not back in training as I have 'real' things to post next week.

I should now get Xmas stamps and the 2017 diary.
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    I just looked on ebay to shift some of mine. Several 12x1st going for £3.50 to £5 so not worth the effort - how can they afford to sell large quantities at £3.50 ?
    I can only assume these are people who bought in bulk as a business but now won't use them so anything they get back is better than nothing. I use my 1st (for competition entries) but sell the 4xLarge 1st on eBay - usually making between £2.90 and £3.20 - using another one for postage. I then use the proceeds to buy commemorative 1sts and 2nds under face value to go on birthday cards etc. or more NVI (if I can get them really cheap) for competitions during my resting period. I don't know who it is who buys the booklets from me - whether it's collectors who are looking for a specific printing code or just bargain hunters. Either way, it's a small win for me.
    I need to think of something new here...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport