We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Royal Mail Surveys rewarded with Stamps.

Options

Comments

• luckwudaveit
    luckwudaveit Posts: 404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Regarding the Saturday collections: I asked a similar question further up the thread. The general advice was that the item should always be posted before the last collection of the stated day. By chance, TNS phoned me about something else and they confirmed this.

As an aside, there isn't a box near me that has a Saturday collection later than 11.30 so I disregard "after midday" and post before the last collection.
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I've had my "your time is up" email too. Bet they're happy to get rid of me this time after my trouble with posting cubes! LOL

As for the Smart envelopes, I've put them inside a Smart envelope and posted them back before. I figure that way they get to the right department.

The cubes have been a pain for me too - I'm thinking I won't sign up again in 6 months.

If I had a few SMART envelopes, then yeah - that's the obvious thing to do. Last session they sent some A4 sized SMART return envelopes which made it easier - but I've only had to send back 3 or 4 times in 6 months so I've got masses of the damn things!
    I need to think of something new here...
  • bdark2755
    bdark2755 Posts: 110 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've also just finished up, but I had ran out of smart return envelopes and ended up ordering 2 more lots. I'm only left with one now. I must admit when it came to sending lots back I would put 4 in 2 envelopes instead of 8 in one because I had so many, then when it got to the end I'd ran out. Also they didn't always send one in the posting pack every week, maybe they realise folk get left with lots, but it backfired with me lol :)
  • Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Regarding the Saturday collections: I asked a similar question further up the thread. The general advice was that the item should always be posted before the last collection of the stated day. By chance, TNS phoned me about something else and they confirmed this.

As an aside, there isn't a box near me that has a Saturday collection later than 11.30 so I disregard "after midday" and post before the last collection.
    I confirmed this with TNS quite a while ago - items should always be posted before last collection, disregard before/after midday if this does not fit with last collection. I post my items when its convenient for me on the correct day, I've never paid any attention to whether it should be morning or afternoon and TNS are clearly fine with that as I've been on the panel for 4 years now :)
    2020 Wins:
  • lesliejack
    lesliejack Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've had my "your time is up" email too. Bet they're happy to get rid of me this time after my trouble with posting cubes! LOL

As for the Smart envelopes, I've put them inside a Smart envelope and posted them back before. I figure that way they get to the right department.

I had this email today, but then they asked if I would mind doing another 6 months! Happy days.
    essex girl in exile
  • ElefantEd
    ElefantEd Posts: 1,196 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Saetana wrote: »
    I confirmed this with TNS quite a while ago - items should always be posted before last collection, disregard before/after midday if this does not fit with last collection. I post my items when its convenient for me on the correct day, I've never paid any attention to whether it should be morning or afternoon and TNS are clearly fine with that as I've been on the panel for 4 years now :)

Yes, I can confim this - I had been carefully posting my items at 12.05 (after final posting time of 12noon ; TNS phoned me to ask what was going on as they were still being collected that day so I explained that, being a rural area, the postman often got stuck behind tractors and so things actually got collected after the official time. TNS told me just to post before last collection time and ignire any 'after 12pm instructions'.
  • gentleorange
    gentleorange Posts: 1,827 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can I ask what the received mail survey is? I have noticed people say that while you're resting you can still do that. I'm a bit technologically dim, but I can't see anything about another survey on the site!
  • Chocmonster7
    Chocmonster7 Posts: 2,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can I ask what the received mail survey is? I have noticed people say that while you're resting you can still do that. I'm a bit technologically dim, but I can't see anything about another survey on the site!

TNS run two other types of survey alongside the main one where you post and receive items.

Unaddressed Mail: Logging how many things like pizza leaflets, freebie newspapers, etc. you get per day.

Correctly Delivered: Logging how many items of post you get per day and if they are actually addressed to you!

These usually last 2 or 3 weeks and you get a £5 voucher as reward.

If they want you to do one they will email you and/or put a notice for you to see when you're logged in. You can do these ones when you are resting from the main survey.

Hope that helps in explaining it all! :)
  • littlesheepy
    littlesheepy Posts: 570 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've just been added back to the panel after 6 months rest and have my first 2 test items to send next week. Typically, on one day, I'm away from home and won't be able to post so have had to email to ask if I can post it another day and if so, when...
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    It says if you miss the day then post it on the same day the following week.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport