We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Royal Mail Surveys rewarded with Stamps.

Options

Comments

• littlemoney
    littlemoney Posts: 788 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Can anyone tell me what is involved in this survey thanks.
  • lesleyb
    lesleyb Posts: 160 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Karrie1uk wrote: »
    Hi all I'm still fairly new to this survey but just wanted to double check if I take a holiday during the month and have informed tns that you do not receive incentive stamps that month?

I took a two week holiday in June and still received items during my holiday period but didn't send any but didn't receive incentive stamps but with me being away I can understand that but just wanted to check?

Thanks

K

I have still received stamps when on holiday, you would still have items to post in the other 2 weeks I expect. I would send them an email.:)
  • rpstdavids
    rpstdavids Posts: 243 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone tell me what is involved in this survey thanks.

Usually lasts 2 weeks and your record each day the total number of items you received through the post.
    It also asks if you had any mis-delivered items, and if so to record the intended address (never happened to me), and if you have had any 'door stepped' items, these are items left outside the home in your chosen 'safe place'.

After typing that, it sounds quite a lot, but it's not really, it usually only takes a minute or two to complete each day and you get a £5 voucher once completed.
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rpstdavids wrote: »
    Usually lasts 2 weeks and your record each day the total number of items you received through the post.
    It also asks if you had any mis-delivered items, and if so to record the intended address (never happened to me), and if you have had any 'door stepped' items, these are items left outside the home in your chosen 'safe place'.

After typing that, it sounds quite a lot, but it's not really, it usually only takes a minute or two to complete each day and you get a £5 voucher once completed.

I don't think that is correct about 'door stepped' items being those "left outside the home in your chosen 'safe place'".

An extract from the TNS provided notes,

What items count in the total of Doorstepped?

A Door Stepped Item is an item that has been left outside your premises by Royal Mail. Please do not include items which were either:

1) personally handed to you by your Postman

2) left with a neighbour, or

3) left on your door step by prior arrangement with Royal Mail.

Any items received with the following instructions on the label are permitted to be left outside providing they are left out of sight and somewhere sheltered from the weather. If these requirements have not been met, then the items are to be recorded as doorstepped.

9k=

To me that suggests that if there is a "safe place" designated with Royal Mail then that means it is not door-stepped, it is simply delivered. However, I've never had to record anything in this category and not needed to check my understanding with TNS direct.
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,450 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't think that is correct about 'door stepped' items being those "left outside the home in your chosen 'safe place'".

A Door Stepped Item is an item that has been left outside your premises by Royal Mail. Please do not include items which were either:

Any items received with the following instructions on the label are permitted to be left outside providing they are left out of sight and somewhere sheltered from the weather. If these requirements have not been met, then the items are to be recorded as doorstepped.

9k=

To me that suggests that if there is a "safe place" designated with Royal Mail then that means it is not door-stepped, it is simply delivered. However, I've never had to record anything in this category and not needed to check my understanding with TNS direct.

How about your "package" being left under your doormat :D

ad_212154858-e1467884143233.jpg?w=748&h=704&crop=1

http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/07/can-you-spot-where-the-delivery-driver-left-this-package-5991871/

AND A FEW MORE

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=package+under+doormat&biw=1011&bih=646&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwipjYXR6OTNAhVNFMAKHcxPD-8QsAQIIA&dpr=1

There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • Survlass
    Survlass Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    quoia wrote: »
    Do THEY think you have it (other than asking you to include it in a post item that is) because they have sent it to you, even IF you never received it ?

What does your STOCK say ?

Go to MANAGE MY SMARTS
    and then
    List SMART's currently in my stock

This list has ALL SMARTs that you should have ...

... and they get put here by 2 methods.

Either through the post you receive from other members where you log the R# and the fact that you got a SMART included

OR

direct from TNS where YOU don't have to log anything on their arrival - TNS will just update the list

It would make sense that it IS in your stock list IF they want you to use it

I definitely haven't got it, and from memory I think they've reckoned I've had this particular one before when I haven't, and I've emailed them to say I haven't got it. :huh:
  • rpstdavids
    rpstdavids Posts: 243 Forumite
    Options

9k=

You are correct 'LittleVoice', it is items left outside without prior agreement, thanks for clearing it up.
  • littlemoney
    littlemoney Posts: 788 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    rpstdavids wrote: »

Thanks. I don't get a lot of post, some days none, so there won't be much work to do then
  • sumoqueen
    sumoqueen Posts: 1,533 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Seriously i could not believe it when I got an item through the post on friday morning - on the bottom right corner of the envelope was a yellow post it note which said - thursday 14th july post box before 12!!! seriously are some people so thick as to drop people in it!? The post it was actually marked with the orande machine markings! Just hope my postie was having a blind day today so I don't get identified!!! People like this should not be involved! Rant over!:eek::eek:
    No buying toiletries challenge - possibly for most of 2011,2012,2013,2014,2015!
    £1 in sealed pot for each UU (2011 135/500:D) 2012 have UU 130/400 (never realised I had a mini chemist under my bed!!!) :rotfl:2013 UU 156/350. 2014 UU 197/250 2015 UU 16/100

Nursing is a work of heart by angels in comfortable shoes!!! :)
  • luckwudaveit
    luckwudaveit Posts: 404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    An item I received yesterday had biro markings "14th July 1st class" just below the White address label. It was a metered item so I know who the sender is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport