We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Royal Mail Surveys rewarded with Stamps.

Options

Comments

• Clairabella78
    Options
    An item I received yesterday had biro markings "14th July 1st class" just below the White address label. It was a metered item so I know who the sender is

I too had a test item with the same markings, but under the franking labe! If the item was a white envelope/jiffy bag, it might be possible to see the writing through the label, especially as it was written in red biro! Luck would have it (;) !!) that my item was a yellow kind of jiffy bag so it wasn't too obvious. I could only tell exactly what it said when I cut out the top right corner (which I keep hold of for a couple of weeks in case TNS query anything). Even simple little reminders like that could get the recipient booted off the panel through no fault of their own. Luckily, they hadn't noted down any further info like "post office before midday" or the like, which would really seal the deal!
    Very frustrating!!
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I too had a test item with the same markings, but under the franking labe! If the item was a white envelope/jiffy bag, it might be possible to see the writing through the label, especially as it was written in red biro! Luck would have it (;) !!) that my item was a yellow kind of jiffy bag so it wasn't too obvious. I could only tell exactly what it said when I cut out the top right corner (which I keep hold of for a couple of weeks in case TNS query anything). Even simple little reminders like that could get the recipient booted off the panel through no fault of their own. Luckily, they hadn't noted down any further info like "post office before midday" or the like, which would really seal the deal!
    Very frustrating!!

I think these cases are business people who pass the post to a post desk to issue with the business post.
  • Skinster
    Skinster Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    When posting a cube this morning & being asked the what's inside question I went to reply with paper & polystyrene but I was clearly still sleeping when I said polyester :rotfl:
  • m1kjm
    m1kjm Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Skinster wrote: »
    When posting a cube this morning & being asked the what's inside question I went to reply with paper & polystyrene but I was clearly still sleeping when I said polyester :rotfl:

That's so funny. Thank you for the lol.
  • shione
    shione Posts: 304 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have just finished a 6 months postings for TNS. I would like to do it again and know I have to wait. Do I have to reapply again or will they get in touch when a space becomes available. TIA
  • aninymoose
    aninymoose Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    shione wrote: »
    I have just finished a 6 months postings for TNS. I would like to do it again and know I have to wait. Do I have to reapply again or will they get in touch when a space becomes available. TIA
    They will contact you but if they don't email them
  • michelle.griffin
    Options
    Hi All, quick question if anyone can help it'd be appreciated - if an item states 'after midday' does it still need to be posted before the last posting time of the box it's going in? Thanks
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If you can... Yes.

Though on Saturday I had a medium brown specified as After Midday when the Last Collection is Midday. I guess this might allow then to detect how much after noon the collection actually happened. As I didn't go out until after 2pm, it probably wasn't picked up until Monday.

I'm on my last week.... Already got the ending Presentation Pack (Queen's 90th - phooey, I was hoping for a Pink Floyd) and I've run out of SMARTS to go in the last 2 items for tomorrow and Thursday. Will I get any more in time.... I think I'm going to have to re-use one of the white A4 envelopes to send back the unused SMART return envelopes - I've got at least a dozen.
    I need to think of something new here...
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I just binned my unused smart return envelopes. I dont think they want them back.
  • Chocmonster7
    Chocmonster7 Posts: 2,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've had my "your time is up" email too. Bet they're happy to get rid of me this time after my trouble with posting cubes! LOL

As for the Smart envelopes, I've put them inside a Smart envelope and posted them back before. I figure that way they get to the right department.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport