Grandcat having extended 'sleepover'!

Options

Comments

• Pixiechic
    Pixiechic Posts: 801 Forumite
    Options
    My cat has one of the litter trays with a lid and swing door. He does seem to prefer it. I got the biggest one from pets at home and I'm pleased i did because its only just big enough when he's in it!

It also means that he doesn't kick so much cat litter all over the floor when he digs to cover up his deposit :rotfl:
  • meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    Options
    Son seems to be pleased with Barney - his coat (Barneys not sons) is looking much better, and son says he can see Barney has put on weight. Barneys human sis is here tonight and tbh Barney is having nutty periods! I haven't seen him like this before - racing around, up and down stairs - and the complaints when sis was in the bath!!!!!!! jeez! Barney is now comatose at the bottom of the stairs, and everyone has to step over him lol!
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I'm glad Barney's improving, must he the grandma touch.

Scrappy's staying at mum's for another week. He didn't seem that impressed to see us. He's grooming less but he's still not his usual self. If he's still the same next Saturday it's going to be a trip to the vets :(
  • meritaten
    Options
    sorry to hear that, his missus - its only been a couple of weeks though hasn't it? perhaps he thinks he is going to be whisked back home at any time?

Took GD back home about lunchtime and when we got back Barney greeted us as usual and I went into kitchen to get his lunch. Barney then started wailing loudly - went to see why and he was wandering from room to room 'calling'...............I think he was hoping that we would bring someone back for him to play with! he settled down after lunch though and got groomed and his treats as usual.
  • meritaten
    Options
    I am just musing a bit now - tossing thoughts into the mix!

according to the Red Peke Persian site these cats are doglike in their affection and devotion to an 'owner' (don't they mean 'slave'?).

Barney certainly seems to have formed an attachment to me - only this evening OH said 'YOUR cat wants feeding meri, he is sat in front of the food cupboard'!
    (YOUR cat? is he going to let me keep him then?)

Barney adores kids - do I have the grandkids often enough to keep Barnes Happy? it seems to me that I usually have one or the other here - but, there are days when its just gonna be me and Barney!

The red peke site says that due to their nature they like a 'peaceful' home - well, apart from grandkids you cant get much more peaceful (or boring).

Do I love him? Oh YES!!!!!!!!!!! he is a wonderful cat! Does OH love him - Not yet - OH doesn't like Barneys habit of scratching the carpet in the hall or poohing in the bath! (not that I LIKE those habits - but I am working on them!) OH tolerates him. and Barney does likewise! lol.
    Do I think that Barneys forever home should be here with me? I am not convinced, in some ways I think yes, I could love him and he could be happy - in others I think Barney needs a family with kids who will play with him while respecting his dislike of being picked up.
    I need MORE TIME! but I love this cat more each day and it would break my heart to part with him now! but, I would if it was best for Barnes!
  • paddypaws101
    paddypaws101 Posts: 2,093 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    oh come on come on come on!!!!!
    OF COURSE Barney is happy with you....it is the perfect scenario with lots of visits from children but also plenty of chilled out adult time.
    Who on earth could give him a better home than you can?
  • meritaten
    edited 26 August 2013 at 9:55PM
    Options
    there have been lots of visits from the grandkids cos it has been school holidays! when we have school then grandkids visits are going to be curtailed. I will have one grandchild for about an hour and a half twice a week but weekends will prob mean grandkids Friday and Saturday nights. his human siblings visit on Tues after school - I wonder if this is enough for Barney.
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    He will adapt, he seems to have got his paws properly under the table.
    Do you think your OH will fall for him?
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I agree with paddypaws.

Ps. my hubby isn't taken with a few of my cats to be honest (and they're not entirely taken with hubby) but he tolerates them and vice versa. In fact he's tolerated the 2 oldies for the past 8 years!
  • meritaten
    edited 27 August 2013 at 6:26PM
    Options
    oh come on come on come on!!!!!
    OF COURSE Barney is happy with you....it is the perfect scenario with lots of visits from children but also plenty of chilled out adult time.
    Who on earth could give him a better home than you can?

In my heart I can see Barneys perfect home - nice thirtyish couple with 2.5 kids, both in school who don't think Barney is a plaything but respects his 'cat' qualities.............I am living in La La Land here aren't I? what am I gonna do - Move in with prospective adoptive family for a month to ensure they are right ones??????? lmao - Its decided then! If OH lets me keep him and Son agrees - Barnes is mine!:)

as for OH falling for him - OH is not particularly a cat person and he is a bit unforgiving when it comes to toileting inappropriately. but, as Barnes only poos once a day - hopefully I can clean it up before OH is even aware of it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure