🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Off topic - how do I get old style forum back? :)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • City_Hall
    Options
    Thanks to Justice 13075,J Pears and Vauban for your replies and apologies for delay in replying.As you can see by my number of posts, I am new to this site.Indulge me while I ask a number of basic questions.
    Is bottomline an advisory website?
    EC stands for Extraordinary ????
    Can someone provide a link to the EJ(Easyjet? )thread to re-post my original query(as requested by J Pears) ? I cannot find it!

I certainly want the compensation I feel I am entitled to, but I am daunted by the thought of entering into a prolonged stalling campaign by Easyjet.
  • legal_magpie
    Options
    Half way down page 5 at present
  • ibizafan_2
    Options
    We have just submitted a claim to BA for a three plus hour delay from Heathrow to Denver because of "technical problems" on September 5th. Hoping for a good result.
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Bottonline is advisory in so much as you can put your details into their checker with no obligation on you to use them for claiming.
    EC stands for Extraordinary Circumstance
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    City_Hall wrote: »

I certainly want the compensation I feel I am entitled to, but I am daunted by the thought of entering into a prolonged stalling campaign by Easyjet.

Either get a no-win no-fee company to do your claim, or read my guide (google it) for how to do it yourself. This is a self-help forum, so get reading up!
  • Wanderer71
    Options
    I submitted a claim against Small Planet after being delayed on 7 August 2016. I've heard nothing back apart from an acknowledgement email. What is the average timescale for resolving things? Is it time to start pushing?

Thanks
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wanderer - Small Planet are a nightmare and although you don't say when you actually submitted the claim if over 4 weeks ago then I suggest NBA and as you say get 'pushing'. Vauban's Guide is your friend, read it, take it all in hopefully some time in the future you can pocket the dosh they owe you.
  • Wanderer71
    Options
    Thanks. Claim was submitted and autoreply received 15 August. I'll email now asking for an update. What's NBA?

Cheers
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wanderer71 wrote: »
    What's NBA?

Read Vauban's Guide!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate