Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    romanby1 wrote: »
    Write a NBA letter stating you will be making a claim in the small claims court if they do not give you a satisfacory reason for the cause of the delay and then decide if you want to proceed.

Hi All, just getting back to starting my claim from last June.

The reply above was given in response to my question about how I make the tour operator tell me why the flights were delayed.

Would anyone be kind enough to point me in the direction of a NBA letter template (if it exists)?

Many thanks, Nats
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • chadders1966
    chadders1966 Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,
    Just after a bit of advice please. My flight Manchester to Newark (United) was initially delayed then cancelled due to crew sickness - the pilot was taken ill. I was given a flight down to Heathrow and transferred onto Heathrow to Newark, arriving about 9 hours later than my original flight. Is this a valid reason for a compensation claim? Thanks
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    Options
    Is this a valid reason for a compensation claim?

Have a read of the FAQs- or use the search facility. It's a common excuse used by airlines.
  • chadders1966
    chadders1966 Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    Options
    David_e wrote: »
    Have a read of the FAQs- or use the search facility. It's a common excuse used by airlines.

I did that - as you say this seems a common excuse. This one though was genuine as far as I could tell. We were already moving away from the gate when the plane stopped and returned. I don't think he was seriously ill but he had been out to the loo a few times while we were at the gate. What I'm wondering is whether this would count as the airlines fault - nobody 'rang in sick' and all crew were aboard.
  • Trying_to_be_good
    Options
    I have a Flybe 60:60 £60 voucher for a delayed flight, the voucher runs out on 18 Aug.

I just went through the process to book a new return journey, and it simply won't do anything with the code - it doesn't reject it, it just doesn't reduce the amount due, so I've ended up having to pay the full £110 for the flight.

Has anyone had any success in spending the £60 voucher? I can see myself having to call the 'customer service' centre on Monday to try to get the refund out of them...
    Mortgage Free thanks to ill-health retirement
  • hefs
    hefs Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    I've read the main page but still not entirely sure if I am due compensation or not? My flight from Malaga to Southend was delayed for 6 hours back in June this year due to French Air Traffic controllers strike. Easyjet handed out leaflets at the airport which said we could claim. I contacted Easyjet but have received a reply saying that this was out of their hands as a strike and was extraordinary circumstances. I was going to do as advised elsewhere and take it further with CAA but am I wasting my time?
    Thanks
  • WPC123
    WPC123 Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    hefs wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've read the main page but still not entirely sure if I am due compensation or not? My flight from Malaga to Southend was delayed for 6 hours back in June this year due to French Air Traffic controllers strike. Easyjet handed out leaflets at the airport which said we could claim. I contacted Easyjet but have received a reply saying that this was out of their hands as a strike and was extraordinary circumstances. I was going to do as advised elsewhere and take it further with CAA but am I wasting my time?
    Thanks

Wasting your time as ATC problems do not attract compensation. Other point is that an approach to the CAA is an even bigger waste of time.
  • dazzler365
    Options
    Good Morning All,

I flew with Thomson to Palma, Mallorca from Edinburgh on the 26th July 2014 and returned on 2nd August 2014.

Our flight out was delayed by 4 hours and our flight home was delayed by an hour.

Do you think I'm entitled to compensation? I've sent a complaint to Thomson directly about the flights and other issues, as frankly, they were farcical.

Thanks

Edit to say: flight out was delayed due to a backlog of flights from the day before - our flight was supposed to be first out of Edinburgh at 0540.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    try reading and posting on the Thomson thread - from what you have posted you should be due compensation for the outbound flight (nothing for a one hour delay on the return)
    If you have other issues I suggest you deal with them separately as they will just confuse things
    1 letter to claim compensation under EU261/2004
    2nd letter to customer service re whatever other issues you had
  • sun_seeker_3
    Options
    just back from a holiday in Mexico, I was meant to be in England Thursday at 7.55am, but had a 39 hour delay, got back on Friday night at 11pm,was no water or food vouchers as all food shops were shut, no air con, suffered with to young children and got a Bootle of water after 3 hours of sitting in departure lounge. what the max you can claim for that amount of time?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback