First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LBD wrote: »
    d-day is here......11.30 am

Good luck, LBD!
  • summers2604
    Options
    Hiya

I'm wondering if someone could help. I recently got money back from Thomas Cook, however they offered me money back as a voucher for them and not a cheque.

I wasn't really planning a holiday this year and would prefer to have the money rather than use it for a holiday I wasn't planning.

Thanks in advance.

H
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hiya

I'm wondering if someone could help. I recently got money back from Thomas Cook, however they offered me money back as a voucher for them and not a cheque.

I wasn't really planning a holiday this year and would prefer to have the money rather than use it for a holiday I wasn't planning.

Thanks in advance.

H

Best posted on TC thread however if your voucher was the result of a delayed compensation payment then you are entitled to cash. Read FAQ's on page one of TC thread.
  • spaceaarvark
    spaceaarvark Posts: 109 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    vstar72 wrote: »
    Do i have the right to complain as its not the money its the prinical. whatever you do, do not just thomas cook book it.

Of course you have the right to complain, and since it is not the money, it is the principal, it couldn't be easier; all you have to do is send them a letter of complaint.
    No need to ask for any compensation or quote any legal precept, just send your letter of complaint and then forget about it. Problem solved!
  • LBD
    LBD Posts: 261 Forumite
    Options
    Are you all sitting comfortably, then I shall begin...

Arrived at court, Barrister phoned at 11.25 delayed in traffic going tobe late!!!!!!!!!!!

turned up about 20 mins late, then hands me a skeleton argument!!!!!!!!

My response was to laugh and say a little late!!!

enters court.......Monarch submission not with the court, Barrister did not have anything with her, totally ill prepared.

Nice Judge ask us, did you receive a bundle? .. reply, Yes Sir................

Judge when.................. me saturday morning 9 am sir.......

Judge not even 1 working day before the hearing, well I have nothing........Barrister Sir the statements and supporting documents were sent tot he court...

Judge when? barrister Erm the 4th July sir.........

Might I remind you of the new rules in CPR 1 about how incumbent on all parties to follow the guidelines and time frames set by the court and its directions, now Mr & Mrs have done so, when did you serve this ont he defendant?

Me by the 24 June Sir recorded delivery and have the received receipt with me.....I also have the defendants statements with me if you wish them sir!

Judge Thank you but that will not be necessary, they are late and therefor excluded and as such judgment is awarded to the claimants.

She tried to argue them in, he just was having none of it, and well and truely put her in her place............ he lifted up my folder and showed her it, all the sections I was relying on highlights etc, etc......

She continued ot argue, he replied, if if I did allow itin at this late date, your evidence and arguments for ec's is to say the least very week.

But sir this case is very important to the industry and its result will cost the industry millions of pounds.......judge that has nothing to do with the claimants claim..........

the skeleton argument I will give you so you know what is in it......

Vauban thank you so much for all you have done, Mark same goes for you as well and you Centipede.............. your help and support adn input greatly appreciated.............

Thanks everyone.....
  • friendofbillw2
    Options
    But sir this case is very important to the industry and its result will cost the industry millions of pounds

And there, ladies and gentlemen, is the reason why we are all being strung along, mucked around and generally treated so shoddily.

IF YOUR RUDDY PLANES GO WRONG AND LEAVE US STRANDED AT LEAST HAVE THE DECENCY TO PAY US THE COMPENSATION WE DESERVE.

(/rant off)
  • friendofbillw2
    Options
    Well done LBD. Very well done.

The message for the rest of us is clear. Go the distance.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Very, very well done, LBD. I am really delighted for you and Mr. LBD.

I am really that the judge not only noted how unacceptable it was for Monarch's evidence to be submitted so late (how ironic is that?) but that the arguments they had advanced against your (Wallentin-centric) statement were so weak.

Come on people - what are you waiting for? Judgement day.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    To LBD >>>>> :T :T :T :T :T :T :T
  • supermum4
    supermum4 Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Are you all sitting comfortably, then I shall begin...

Arrived at court, Barrister phoned at 11.25 delayed in traffic going tobe late!!!!!!!!!!!

turned up about 20 mins late, then hands me a skeleton argument!!!!!!!!

My response was to laugh and say a little late!!!

enters court.......Monarch submission not with the court, Barrister did not have anything with her, totally ill prepared.

Nice Judge ask us, did you receive a bundle? .. reply, Yes Sir................

Judge when.................. me saturday morning 9 am sir.......

Judge not even 1 working day before the hearing, well I have nothing........Barrister Sir the statements and supporting documents were sent tot he court...

Judge when? barrister Erm the 4th July sir.........

Might I remind you of the new rules in CPR 1 about how incumbent on all parties to follow the guidelines and time frames set by the court and its directions, now Mr & Mrs have done so, when did you serve this ont he defendant?

Me by the 24 June Sir recorded delivery and have the received receipt with me.....I also have the defendants statements with me if you wish them sir!

Judge Thank you but that will not be necessary, they are late and therefor excluded and as such judgment is awarded to the claimants.

She tried to argue them in, he just was having none of it, and well and truely put her in her place............ he lifted up my folder and showed her it, all the sections I was relying on highlights etc, etc......

She continued ot argue, he replied, if if I did allow itin at this late date, your evidence and arguments for ec's is to say the least very week.

But sir this case is very important to the industry and its result will cost the industry millions of pounds.......judge that has nothing to do with the claimants claim..........

the skeleton argument I will give you so you know what is in it......

Vauban thank you so much for all you have done, Mark same goes for you as well and you Centipede.............. your help and support adn input greatly appreciated.............

Thanks everyone.....

gives us all hope to keep fighting :T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport