Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• IvanhoeP
    IvanhoeP Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    No problem, we're all in this together.

Hope you get somewhere with the number, it will be good to hear how you get on.

Thanks once again Fletchasketch. I very much appreciate your time.

I contacted Qatar Airways this morning and should anyone else find it helpful, the email address to send your application for compensation is - loncustomerrelations (at) ukqatarairways.com. There is no telephone number available.

I will keep you advised of any progress I make, or final outcome.

Thanks Fletch.
  • Fletchasketch
    Fletchasketch Posts: 468 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    IvanhoeP wrote: »
    Thanks once again Fletchasketch. I very much appreciate your time.

I contacted Qatar Airways this morning and should anyone else find it helpful, the email address to send your application for compensation is - loncustomerrelations (at) ukqatarairways.com. There is no telephone number available.

I will keep you advised of any progress I make, or final outcome.

Thanks Fletch.

Very glad to hear it. Keeping fingers crossed that you recieve the compensation you're entitled to.
    May'18 DEBT FREE!

£6025 PB's: £1427 Nutmeg Pot: £51'174 Company Shares £512.09 InvestEngine £8.21 Freetrade £569.46 Stake
    £2457.92 TCB.
  • IvanhoeP
    Options
    Morning All,

Well, I have now submitted my claim and eagerly await the outcome, but one important point has surfaced. As Qatar Airways are not a European outfit, are they still tied-into the EU regulation and thus culpable? I've tried Googling, but there seems to be a divided opinion. Thought I'd try the 'experts' again.

Thank you
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,548 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    IvanhoeP wrote: »
    Morning All,

Well, I have now submitted my claim and eagerly await the outcome, but one important point has surfaced. As Qatar Airways are not a European outfit, are they still tied-into the EU regulation and thus culpable? I've tried Googling, but there seems to be a divided opinion. Thought I'd try the 'experts' again.

Thank you

as long as the affected flight was departing from the EU then you are covered. If it was a return flight from outside the EU then there would only be compensation due if the airline was an EU airline
  • IvanhoeP
    Options
    Many thanks Caz. That's great news. :T
  • tink1951
    Options
    Got a result from us Airways for flight in may 2012 got full 600 euros each. Was first offered free flights but rejected these as we were so let down by this company we do not wish to fly again and two weeks later got email saying we would get full amount of compensation.
  • HeliS
    HeliS Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Hello, I have contacted Emirates after my flight was delayed for over 24hours as a crane accidentally hit the rear port stabiliser which caused a considerable delay to the departure of this flight.

They replied:
    These circumstances were completely unforeseen and this situation occurred even though all reasonable measures had been taken. These circumstances were not routine and are considered to be extraordinary. Therefore, I am unable to meet your request for EU compensation which does not apply on this occasion.

Is there anything I can do? I do recall Martin Lewis said that they can't hide behind that!

Would appreciate some advise.

Thanks
  • sweep68
    sweep68 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi,

Just had reply bcak from Jet 2 citing that under 'english law' there is a 2 year limit within which claims have to be made. This seems to go against the 6years timescale. I am about to write back advising them that they appear to have their facts wrong.

Any advice gratefully received.

CAA draft letter ready to go.

Thanks,
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sweep68 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just had reply bcak from Jet 2 citing that under 'english law' there is a 2 year limit within which claims have to be made. This seems to go against the 6years timescale. I am about to write back advising them that they appear to have their facts wrong.
    Any advice gratefully received.
    CAA draft letter ready to go.
    Thanks,

1) Jet 2 are wrong - 6 years apply.
    2) CAA waste of space/time.
    3) Go to court, forget it or appoint no win no fee firm.
    4) Post on Jet2 thread.
  • chyperie
    chyperie Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Having problems with Kenyan Airways just want to make sure my maths are correct.

Flown from Heathrow to Nairobi in Feb 2009, flight time normally 8hrs 30m

Should have taken off at 19,00 but delayed until 00.15

KA have now come back and said the according to the technical log for the flight it took off at 00.14 and arrived at 07.42 so was only 1hr 18 after its scheduled arrival time of 06.30. Fair enough at first glance, but in February Nairobi time is 3hrs ahead of London, therefore if the flight arrived at 07.42 (we know it didn't) the flight would have only have taken 4hrs 28m, an average speed of around 900 mph for the 4000 odd miles!

My maths are correct aren't they?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure