Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,548 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    2 - is there a website for historic dep and arr times? there must me but I can't find it.

There is a link to Flightstats in the FAQs
  • the_red_baron
    the_red_baron Posts: 136 Forumite
    edited 30 March 2013 at 4:36PM
    Options
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    There is a link to Flightstats in the FAQs

Thanks for your rely - I might be making a very basic mistake but I can't see info more than one day back, is this normal?

Edit - do you need to sign up for historical info? Just off to try it anyway...

Cheers,
    Al
  • the_red_baron
    Options
    Flightstats tells me it was 2216 when we landed in bari. Thanks Caz :beer: (using wife's iPad so hopefully smilies work now!)
  • LotusBob
    LotusBob Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Having read the arguments about 'extraordinary circumstances'. Could someone please advise me as to whether I have a valid claim or not.

Flybe sent me a text on the evening before my return flight from Ireland in September 2007.

The text just said 'Flight tomorrow cancelled, contact us for more information'

After hours in a queue on their phone line I was told there was a problem with the plane, and that they had sent me an email with more details.

I pointed out that I was on holiday in Ireland. and didn't have access to the internet - their reply was sorry nothing else we can do. They went on to say that they expected the vast majority of the following day's flights would be back to normal, but to ring them before travelling to the airport.

I wasn't able to actually see the e-mail until I got home 4 day slater.

I did complain at the time, but Flybe said it was beyond theircontrol and basically weren't interested.

Hopefully someone can tell me what to do now.
  • Ich_2
    Ich_2 Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Options
    Well really you should have searched the pages and put this on the dedicated Flybe forum
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    LotusBob wrote: »
    Hopefully someone can tell me what to do now.

Please read the FAQs and perhaps repost in the flybe thread.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • armanislam
    Options
    In July 2012, I went to the USA with Virgin Atlantic, my flight was delayed for more than 12 hours on both ocassion (ie- to and from USA).

I wrote to Virgin last year for full refund. They replied me with apology and some free miles. But no monetary compensation were give.

Now, that this court ruling is in place, can I still ask them for a refund. I haven't use the free miles, Virgin gave me as compensation.

Would appreciate a reply from anyone.

• Ich_2
    Ich_2 Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Options
    See the post above
    Read the FAQs and repost in the Virgin Atlantic thread
  • spaceaarvark
    Options
    hi

i was delayed a few years ago coming back from lanzarote but cannot remember the flight details. all i know is that it was on 3rd November (as it was my dad's birthday), between 2007 and 2011, and the flight was either monarch or thomson. we were delayed as the plane had a random inspection and one bulb had blown on the wing and wasn't allowed to take off without being replaced, there were no spares so we had to wait for one to be flown in!

Is there anywhere that i can find out these flight details as i am struggling to remember and am not having any luck with online searches.

any help and advice will be very much appreciated.

many thanks

kim

Have you looked at www.flightstats.co.uk as listed in the FAQs?

You know where you were flying from, I am guessing you probably have a good idea as to which airport you were flying to, and you can narrow the date down to one of five days. You should be able to identify the flight within 10 mins.
  • SJFox
    SJFox Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    We were delayed for over 5hrs in April 2009 from Gatwick to Sharm el Sheik but we can't find any details at all in relation to the holiday(we have checked everywhere including emails and trash). We have used the flight stat website and found out flight details however I wonder if this is enough to make a claim? Surely they have our details on that particular flight?

Any help with this would be appreciated. :-)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback