We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    .....Snotty.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • LBD
    LBD Posts: 261 Forumite
    Options
    Mark2spark wrote: »
    It's an open forum so we can only take things at face value. There's a poster on FB - Malcolm Hillier - that also claims to have received compo, so maybe it's the same person? I did pm him.
    Send them a pm LBD ;)

I did send a pm to the on on here Mark, ok will have:j a look at FB and send him one as well , thanks :)
  • LBD
    LBD Posts: 261 Forumite
    Options
    Mark2spark wrote: »
    Errr..... actually.... this is the open thread for non specific airline questions :rotfl:

But there's so many now my head spins :doh:

Sorry thought this was a Monarch one....My apoligies:A
  • carpe_vino
    Options
    I have just had my claim accepted by Flybe for flight BE860 from Southampton to Manchester 14/7/2012 delayed 4.5 hours. Flybe have offered £200 each for 5 of us which is close enough for me to the €250, thanks MSE for your help!
  • FunkieMunkie
    Options
    @ RichardW
    No,No, this is my Airline's reply, not a forum members reply
  • jamesthe1
    Options
    I have just put in 4 claims all long hall all over 5 hours.

I feel this is like buying lottery tickets, hopefully one of them will be up held and I get the 1200Euro which is basically a months wages bonus!

Will keep you all updated.
  • Baxter1964
    Baxter1964 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 19 February 2013 at 12:43AM
    Options
    Has anyone claimed for the cancelled flight from Manchester on 24/05/2008 Thomas Cook flight to faro flight number TCX154. We were delayed for 23 hours and no one from the airport was giving us information. We were a party of 23 and had to keep on the airport floor as Ricky Hatton was fighting in Manchester and ll hotels were full. Thomas Cook were disgraceful but I see from flight checker that the state of the flight is noted as cancelled. What are our chances of getting full refunds and compo for all ? We have no paper work but booked through our local Thomas Cook shop which is still here.
  • saralou78
    Options
    Hi there, I'm just in the process of trying to claim for a delayed flight from Lisbon to Gatwick back in 2011, the flight was delayed for 4hrs (confirmed via flightstats) and as a result of this we then missed our connecting flight back to Jersey in the Channel Islands, we weren't provided any help to rebook our flights as we'd not booked all the way through, therefore had to buy new flights and pay for a night in a hotel, can we also claim for this?

Aside from this, we can't for love nor money find our original booking reference, does this totally scupper our chances of claiming?

Thanks
  • disney_cjd
    disney_cjd Posts: 1,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Im pleased that BA paid out for our delayed flight in April to Tampa..... especially as there was six of us ££££ :)

Virgin though, harder to crack. Do no suppose any of you were on the June 2008 flight that was delayed a day from MCO to LGW?
    Self confessed Florida expert :) with over 320 trips there!
    Co host of the Disneybrit and Eye on Orlando Podcasts
    and Craig Duncan Soul Show on Orlando Sky Radio :)

• gropinginthedark
    Options
    saralou78 wrote: »
    ...from Lisbon to Gatwick back in 2011, the flight was delayed for 4hrs (confirmed via flightstats) ...
    I'm trying to confirm the delay length of a flight Amsterdam to Moscow 25 Dec 2010 KL0907. Flightstats says: "Airport delay information is currently only collected for airports within the United States and some airports within Canada."
    Am I looking in the wrong place?
    Scheduled departure was 20:30, actual after midnight. Wrote to KLM 3 months ago, no response.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure