Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• have now received compensation using fair plane after initially being turned down by Tui, worth it in the end .It appears you need to take them through the courts to get your money
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    have now received compensation using fair plane after initially being turned down by Tui, worth it in the end .It appears you need to take them through the courts to get your money

Hi Stephen,

Thats great news:beer:

Which company did you use to claim your compensation?

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • ellenpal
    Options
    You might recall last week I asked about interest on a Delta I have been waiting to be paid for over a year? They were trying to get me to settle without interest but honestly, I already waited a year - what's a few more weeks? So, I tried it out. I sent them my entire file - resolver, CAA, pdf's of all the emails I sent to Delta (including the CEO) all of which were never replied to. I told them this is my evidence they have been ignoring my claim all these months, etc. They confirmed today that nobody has attempted to respond to me and they will be paying the interest, court costs and the delayed comp. But they didn't apologize for their nonsense, I think I will live without it :)
    They said it may take 30 days for payment so hopefully it will be settled before then. Result!
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    Options
    Well done ellenpal!
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    Options
    :beer:Well done ellenpal:beer:

A great example of what self belief and determination can achieve.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • ellenpal
    Options
    I was like a dog with a bone, people!

I hope nobody gives up, it's definitely worth the flight :)
  • Ann.dickson3
    Options
    I am having no luck at all with a 24 hour delay with Emirates. Has anyone had any luck with them?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    well done ellenpal. Get ready to submit your MCOL if they don't pay in 30 days ;)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am having no luck at all with a 24 hour delay with Emirates. Has anyone had any luck with them?
    Hi Welcome.
    Try posting on an Emirates thread, there's 2 or 3 recent ones.
    Or the catch all non EU airlines.
    With all the flight details dates times etc. You've given us nothing to go on.
    Ta
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Ann.dickson3
    Options
    I have e. Ailed Emirates about10 times and they keep saying that they are appealing against the high court ruling and will not be paying any compensation until this is sorted. Seem to be the 9nly airline who are refusing to pay out any compensation.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback