Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    So by that logic, I could book, through BA website, a single ticket flight from Doha, Qatar to Leeds/Bradford, via Heathrow. First flight Qatar, part of IAG but non EU airline from non EU country, 2nd leg Heathrow to Leeds with BA. Qatar flight is late causing me to miss connection to Leeds. Qatar liable for 261/2004 compensation? I suspect not.

No - there would be no liability for the first airline, since it's not subject to EU 261/04. Booking through the website is irrelevant. The point is that the operating airline for the first leg actually has the liability for a customer whose through ticket connects to another airline. This increases the risks for the first airline in two respects: if they cause a delay less than three hours but sufficient to cause a missed connection, they are liable; and their liability stretches for the whole of the ticket - so it means that a short BA flight delay from Birmingham to London, which causes you to miss a connecting flight on a codeshare airline (booked on the same ticket/PNR) to Bangkok, creates a liability for BA of 600 euros.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vauban's, your missing my point. Tyzap is claiming that because of a codeshare and/or company structure in the case of IAG linking BA, AervLingus, Iberia and Qatar, Qatar effectively becomes an EU airline.
    I don't think we have ever said that Delta, who have an intimate code share with Virgin, are liable for stateside delays?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • summerishere11
    Options
    Could you also advise me where to send the LBA/NBA, so far I have only dealt with Iberia through resolver. The vauban's guide says to send it to the uk head office. Not sure if they have one in the uk? Just want to make sure I send it to the right place. And should it be a letter in the post or is an e mail as good? Thanks
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    Options
    Vauban's, your missing my point. Tyzap is claiming that because of a codeshare and/or company structure in the case of IAG linking BA, AervLingus, Iberia and Qatar, Qatar effectively becomes an EU airline.
    I don't think we have ever said that Delta, who have an intimate code share with Virgin, are liable for stateside delays?

JP,

I was informing the op that Iberia and BA are part of the same group, which they are.

I also informed the op that the Iberia flight to LHR and the connecting flight to ABZ was a code share agreement, which it was.

I did not suggest that Qatar could be treated as an EU registered airline, because it cannot, regardless of it being a significant stake holder in IAG.

Qatars interest in the group is financial.

Perhaps my wording was slightly confusing, but the above was my intention.:)
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    Options

He'd be wrong to say that - but I dont think that's what he's meaning to say.

EDIT: Sorry, I see Tyzap has already cone back to clarify.
  • JPears
    Options
    But isn't that the same relationship between Iberia and BA? they are owned by the same company IAG but are separate airlines? As is Vueling?
    An interesting conundrum me thinks?

• sudihill
    Options
    My flight compensation claim is with TUI and I claimed in August 2017 via Resolver. My complaint has now been escalated to customer servises but just wondering how long it takes roughly. I know there’s a backlog and a first come first served basis but just curious if anyone has any info how long theirs took.
    Thank you
  • JPears
    Options
    I would be tempted to forget resolver if nothing happens in the next couple of weeks.
    Airlines will to some extent put you to the bottom of the list repeatedly f you don't push.
    You have given them plenty of time. If you have a valid claim, you now have to dictate a timeline. Resend claim directly to TUI, giving 14 days for payment then issue your NBA if you don't get the desired response.
    Or use an ADR if they are signed up to one.

• summerishere11
    Options
    I found two addresses not sure which one I should use?

Iberia Airlines,
    Iberia house,
    10 Hammersmith Broadway,
    London
    W6 7AL

Or International Airlines Group
    Waterside ( HAAZ)
    Po box 365
    Harmondsworth,
    UB7 0GB

Thanks again
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

It's almost certainly the Iberia House address.

You should be able to confirm by checking at the Companies House website for their registered business address.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback