Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• lchappell
    lchappell Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Justice13075
    are you saying there is a chance for a claim then ?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think he is. :)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes. EuClaim say you are due €250 per passenger. Go to bottonline and put your flight details into their flight checker. If they come back also that you are due compensation which I think they will then you are due compensation. Google and download Vaubans guide on page 6 is a LETTER BEFORE ACTION. Fill it in and send it to Ryanair. All explained in the guide.

Good Luck.

Come back for more advice if you need it.
  • lchappell
    lchappell Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    on it, thank you very much
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All. My DH was travelling from Manchester to Boston with Virgin with a connection in JFK. His Manchester to JFK flight arrived on time but his JFK to Boston flight was delayed over 3 hours. It was purchased as one ticket. Can he claim?

Probably not. If no delay on EU leg of journey consensus seems to be no claim. But no harm in trying.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Interesting article on whether and how consumers can use a relatively new UK law to claim consequential losses from late or cancelled flights:

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/jul/10/ba-passengers-it-chaos-travel-insurance-compensation

This is in addition of course to any potential liability credit card providers might (might) have for consequential losses too.
  • sara_d
    Options
    !!!!!! - thanks. Looks like they approved my payout just before they went into administration. Although they are still offering flights, I am guessing this makes little difference to my claim? Is it worth going down the legal route as it is about £1600 they owe.
  • ElainaMacarena
    Options
    My son was 'delayed overnight' at Alicante on Monday but had a connecting flight to catch so I had no option but to re-book with another airline. Easyjet's first message said 'departure restrictions' and the next message said 'air traffic control restrictions'. Are we still entitled to claim? And can I claim the cost of the new flight booked at the last minute?
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    first put your son's flight details into bottonline and EuClaim to see what they say about compensation.
  • Hervness
    Hervness Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi! My flight with Meridana Airlines was delayed and after following all your advice I've been offered compensation which is brilliant. HOWEVER, in order to pay me they want me to email a copy of my passport along with all my bank details to their customer services email address!? Is this normal/safe as I'm worried about doing this? Please advise! Thankyou
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback