We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

After the Work Programme

Options

Comments

• donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yet in 6 months you'd not managed to find a way to add a covering letter, blaming the system when in fact you could use it to your advantage.
    yes it didnt occur to me to combine a cv and a letter into one file but that does not mean i dont know how to use ujm. it means i didnt think of a way to get around a design flaw on the site.
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    Jobs filterable by location, keyword, type, salary etc? Somewhere to save and uploads various CVs? Log of posts applied for?

That aside, dwp having a record that a claimant is familiar with the system means that the claimant can't later claim they can't use it and dwp can therefore expect a reasonable level of applications from the system.
    yes those things are easy to familiarise yourself with.
    dwp cant expect anymore than what you legally signed up for on your jsa agreement.
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    AP007 wrote: »
    Salary search not available on UJM

It wont automatically any job you apply for that diverts you to a 3rd party site. There is not even any log that you have even clicked on the job let alone applied for it.

There is nothing written down to say you have to apply for jobs on it only use the site.
    unless its one of the vacancies that has an apply button that then asks you to select one of your cvs that you have uploaded to the site. i know you dont think they exist as we have discussed this point before. i manage to find enough.
  • AP007
    AP007 Posts: 7,109 Forumite
    Options
    unless its one of the vacancies that has an apply button that then asks you to select one of your cvs that you have uploaded to the site. i know you dont think they exist as we have discussed this point before. i manage to find enough.
    Looking at different jobs to me in totally different areas.

Like I say I have never applied for one on the site direct.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    Seriously, focusing on who might take the credit if you get a job like that would really matter to someone who really wanted a job.

Why don't you go get a job yourself then? Wouldn't that be more productive than being out of work all that time when you could do better yourself without any support?

Even after taking account of the fact this is only a forum, typos, awkward keyboards etc, it looks like there's room for improvement on literacy at least so don't be too humiliated by the tests.
    not focusing at all. i simply wont enable them to take credit if they dont deserve any. i am fair so if they do deserve credit then i will enable them to do so.
    i havent said i can do better. my view is they wont make any improvement. they wont make the difference that is probably needed. they may improve my cv but that will take 10 minutes.
    so i dont write everything as it technically is meant to be. for example i dont put capitals at the beginning of sentences here. so what. my spelling isnt perfect but its adequate for my needs. there are no mistakes on my cv. these tests that people do are extremely basic. for example a question on them could be, i blank to the shops. fill in the blank from the following, went, whent, wnet, wennt. even if you think these tests are justified it is certainly not justified to make people keep doing them over and over again.
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    Judging by the standard of numeracy and literacy on many applications I've seen it no surprise at all that they would cover this at every session. In fact, in some cases you're not far off, a 6 year old could do as well.
    i always get 100% in them. if people do badly they dont get training to improve. why not send them off to an examiner and give people a certificate and then they wont have to do them anymore. think of an exam you have done in the past. imagine instead of getting a certificate saying you have passed being made to sit it over and over again. then imagine that exam being one you did when you were 6.
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    BillJones wrote: »
    It's also the sort of thing that very intelligent adults do when applying for jobs on graduate schemes in investment banks. You do seem to be determined to put a negative slant on everything that you have to do; I think that you are really going to struggle to ever get a decent job if you don't at least try to have a better attitude.

How long have you been out of work for, and what was your career before?
    a graduate going for a job in a bank may well have to sit a maths test but it wont be one designed for a 6 year old and they wont have to do it over and over again.
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    I'm genuinely curious to know what it is about some on here that makes them so unattractive to employers. Obviously a few simply do not want to work (they've even posted about deliberately failing interviews), but there also seem to be plenty who simply don't understand how the world of employment works.
    if you had been through a few of these courses, i promise you you wouldnt be impressed either.
  • Chris357
    Chris357 Posts: 99 Forumite
    Options
    There are loads of jobs. If you can't find one, please stop blaming others, and work out how to make yourself employable.

Sanctioning you is a brilliant way to get you to do this.

Sanctioning you and your hero, IDS, what be absolutely brilliant.
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    No, I think that it gives precisely the right impression of people such as that poster. "It's not my fault, someone else needs to find me a job" is their pretty much constant refrain.

Fortunately it sounds as though the system is finding them out, and they'll see their benefits being cut before too long.

We know that most unemployed are not like he or she is.
    you've got it wrong. people are saying they are struggling to find something by themselves and they need assistance. assistance that works.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport