PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• ditsykitchen
    Options
    Spent £19.47 on a delivery from Tesc0 and about £5 at the c00p I'll update my signature now.
    October Grocery Challenge: £20.65/£150
    September Grocery Challenge: I lost track :o/£200
    August Grocery Challenge: £92.11/£100 :)
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had my shopping delivered this morning. I sorted through the order before checking out yesterday and removed those things I didn't really need and this reduced the final spend probably by about £40 ! I am not sure why I get so click happy when ordering my groceries? I need to remember that I can have a shop every week (to take advantage of my delivery subscription) so I don't need to stock up / over buy every time.

I have had a lazy afternoon after a busy morning in the kitchen (poached egg disaster (3 eggs wasted :() followed by prepping today's curry and then doing a cooked breakfast) so there were endless dishes ! the curry leftovers will add to my stash of chilli I cooked last week. I shall probably cook next weekend as well and build up a nice little stockpile of meals in my freezer :T I need to mealplan this week (properly) if only to manage my slimming world days a bit better.
  • Pandora_2
    Options
    Oh!! I'm so angry!!! :mad:

Been ripped off TWICE today with my shopping and only found out once I had got home! :(

One isn't so bad as I can get that refunded tomorrow - bought a YS item that should have been 26p but got charged full price £1.75!!! I'll just take the packet and receipt back to Mr T's and complain.

But the other one is just lost money :mad:

Went to Wilko's to use my vouchers to get deodorant, and the woman on the till said I could only use one voucher, so I said fine and that I would just have one can. So I took back my other voucher, she cancelled one off the till and she took one can of deodorant out of my bag - or so I thought!!! I get home to find NO deodorant in the bag!!!!! There is no way of proving I don't have the deodorant so there's no way of getting a replacement or my money and voucher back!! :( Absolutely furious!!!! :mad:
    :ADFW Nerd 145:A
    LBM - June 2006 - DEBTS - £19,261.08 :eek:
    Nov 2017 - £10,644.92!!
    Debt free date - 13/08/2022 - the day before I turn 40!!!!! :beer:
    Grocery Challenge - Dec 2017 £30.63/£150
  • MessyBetty1
    Options
    Hello everyone:hello: I really need to be more :money: and would love to join you, I have started to menu plan and feel this is the next step for me as I spend too much money on food:o I am sure that this will help me to get a grip with food shopping.

Please put me down for £235 (sorry I don't seem to be able to print it in large red bold font, maybe it's me, failed at the first hurdle :o)

I live with my DD & DS all adults my DS eats a lot, he is one of those with hollow legs:eek:

I batch cook and I am very lucky as I have access to some homegrown food at work, I also grow some salad veg and herbs at home:j Although we do eat well portion size is standard for example today I cooked 500g of steak mince and made 6 portions of chili, 6 portions of spag bol and 3 portions of meatballs, bulked out with porridge and veg.

I spent £74.10 yesterday and hope to have enough meals for 2 weeks, I just need to pick up fresh bread, ginger & coriander this week:) so fingers crossed I will manage my challenge :)
    Best wishes to everyone :)
  • K9sandFelines
    Options
    £8.49 spend thjs morning in Mr M. Extras not on list were cakes in a tub so DD1 can use it as lunch box as hers is too small - this was £2, kitchen roll and YS breakfaet muffins. However, couldnt get cheap bleach so that needs to be bought later in week.
    Need to add yesterday and today's spend to total.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £106.38 May £?
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Yay, finally managed a NSD..phew! Ate from the cupboards today :)
  • Nicky_Noo_Na
    Options
    First spends of the month this weekend;

Mr A for weekly shop and two trips to Tesco to get a refund on an online item and then some meds needed today. Managed to pick up a few YS items at each shop and a bargain of some lovely chinos for £4! Oh and 10p on some bagels earlier in the week

Total grocery spend = £26.45.

In theory thats it for the month now! We are going away on Thursday so all food from then till October is from holiday budget. Didn't even need much this weekend - mostly snacks, cereal bars and sweets for the holidays and a couple of fresh bits. Will update again on Wed again before we go if there are any more spends but am enjoying being creative with using up everything in the fridge before we go!
  • lovefullshelves
    Options
    £18.58 for Mr tesco today, bulk lemonade for OH! Bread ,milk and CHOCOLATE!!
    2013 NSD 100. CC2014CC- £31.50/£135
    2014 NSD 86 so far - May 20/21
    2014 G/C spend £741.55 so far May £107.99/£91
    Debt Free - 30.05.13 Emergency tin - £1000
    June 23 - 9NSD
  • dangerbadger
    Options
    Well after one week I've spent the grand total of £15.09 out of my £75 budget, which is not too shoddy. It should have been less, but I started a new job on Monday and got dragged to the pub for lunch on Friday. I bought the cheapest thing I could and drank tap water, still spent £4.15. Normally I'd have been perfectly happy to not go, but I figured I should probably try and play nicely with all the others for the first few weeks in the job...

So far the kids haven't whinged too much about the store cupboard and freezer meals, but as the month goes on and the concoctions get more bizarre I think I may well meet with a little more resistance!
  • islandhoppa
    Options
    It was all going too well...then long weekend at work and just couldn't be bothered to cook tonight so succumbed to takeaway :(

So about £20 lighter, and got to do more shopping tomorrow as fridge looking bare. Too tired to update sig, will do it tomorrow after shopping
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure