PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• CountingPennies
    Options
    When i searched Daily Cost in the android app market about 5 minutes ago it is free. Installed it. Not sure if I like it tho.

Nothing spent today, but I think DH will want some beer as I forgot to get some yesterday so may have to pop to Mr T's around yellow sticker time, lol.

CP xx
    Slimming World Challenge 2017 0/30.5lb

Grocery challenge 2017 JAN: £5.56/£350
  • mothershipton
    Options
    oh dear only the 8th of september and already spent 212 , shop in tesco where we spent 112 on absolutely no meals. Although OH assures me he just has to get a few extra bits to make lots of meals!!
    Grocery Challenge Feb 16 £346 /400
  • mothershipton
    Options
    please put me down for the usual £350 although not looking good at all. Will probably also get son some food to take back to uni. Maybe it will be cheaper when he goes back. Although second son seems permanently hungry!
    Grocery Challenge Feb 16 £346 /400
  • Mrs-s_4
    Mrs-s_4 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    £6.60 spend today in the co*p on bread, milk, Pepsi, some sweets for ds1 and an apple pie and custard for dessert tonight.. Will add to sig.
    January Grocery challenge - £165.31/£350
  • Sequeena
    Sequeena Posts: 4,728 Forumite
    Options
    Today is my first NSD of this month :)
    Wife and mother :j
    Grocery budget
    April week 1 - £42.78 | week 2 - £53.05
    24lbs in 12 weeks 15/24
  • sweetpea26
    Options
    £14.75 to add today...includes some good value meat and bread :)
  • LisaJane
    LisaJane Posts: 355 Forumite
    Options
    Have been sick the last few days :( so spent £2.89 on lemon drinks and £3.31 on bread and milk and a wee trifle as a treat to cheer me up on Friday. Got more milk, juice, baby bels, soup etc today in the local shop, it came to £11.63.

Haven't got much left from last week's big shop, so will have to do a semi-big shop maybe tomorrow night if I'm feeling better. I need rice, cordial and kitchen rolls for a start! Really trying hard this month!!
    Save 12k in 2014 (my target: £10 000):
    My savings: £4878.54/£7000
    Joint account savings: £2685.57/£3000
    Total:£7564.11/£10 000 (as at 26/10/14)
  • CountingPennies
    Options
    £15.26p at Mr T's, however £1.97 of this is an overcharge (they charged me more than once for something). Didn't notice till I got home, so i'm going to email to complain and hope they will refund me. If they do I will deduct it off my total, but for now i'm adding it.
    Slimming World Challenge 2017 0/30.5lb

Grocery challenge 2017 JAN: £5.56/£350
  • Peggybabcot
    Options
    Another small spend of £12.58 at Sainsburys yesterday for a few more bits for the party I forgot so will update my signature in a minute. A NSD here today as I'm so bushed it's feet up doing nothing. Food today is leftovers, of which there is enough but not TOO much. I managed to do the party for £70 for 18 guests and it was a mammoth buffet but as virtually everything was HM it kept the costs down. This included a case of lager, a couple of bottles of wine and copious amounts of soft drinks (none of us are big alcohol drinkers) It all went down well anyway ;)
    I've managed to sit and do a meal plan for the rest of our month (it only started on Friday) and we have quite a few meals in stock already with just a few things to get throughout the next few weeks. We'll need the usual perishables as well as toiletries as and when but I'm hoping that I can come under budget this month if I stick to my list. Therein lies the problem though lol :rotfl: x
    Grocery challenge June 2016
    £500/£516.04
    Grocery challenge July 2016
    £500/£503.73
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Went to mr Ts spent 32.82 so will come out over budget this week as will need some top up bits during the week. However next week I plan to mainly eat out of cupboards and frozen duplicates from this weeks meals so hopefully I will make some savings then.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure