PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• CH27
    CH27 Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    Options
    Today will be a NSD as i'm too lazy to go out :D
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I am trying for a NSD today too. In fact, i am going to try for 4 NSDs. I get paid on Thursday and dont want to spend anything until then.
  • K9sandFelines
    Options
    aliwali wrote: »
    Hi, it's called Daily Cost. It's for iPhone and it's free. Very easy to use and loads of spending categories. HTH.

Thanks but unfortunately I'm on Android, but will see if it's available.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • CH27
    Options
    Hi, it's called Daily Cost. It's for iPhone and it's free. Very easy to use and loads of spending categories. HTH.

It's showing as £1.49 on the App Store.
  • aliwali
    aliwali Posts: 407 Forumite
    Options
    CH27 wrote: »
    It's showing as £1.49 on the App Store.

Oh, I only downloaded it last week and it was free then. That's a shame because it is really good. They do seem to change prices a lot on the App Store.
    Fashion on a ration 0 of 66
  • CH27
    Options
    Oh, I only downloaded it last week and it was free then. That's a shame because it is really good. They do seem to change prices a lot on the App Store.

I'll keep an eye on it then & hopefully it will revert to free again :D
  • FBG85
    FBG85 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Small spend in Aldi , £3.03 on sweets for the kids and chocolate for me.
    GC September £69.64/£200
  • MrsCautious
    MrsCautious Posts: 1,577 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 8 September 2013 at 11:26AM
    Options
    Decided to have a nose round Home Bargains when I dropped my daughters off nearby and came out £9.70 lighter, £2 for nine toilet rolls, I *think* that's a bargain as they look better quality than Sains Basics, also bought a Colgate toothbrush and a load of cakes/biscuits.

Went to Sains this morning, got £19.50 off shopping in discounts and using up nectar points, bought fresh fruit, bread, milk, cooked meat, yogurts, dog treats etc, total spent was £22.64. Ben & Jerry's ice cream on offer, down from £4.49 to £3, cashier kindly pointed out it was still expensive :)

Have meal planned until Saturday so would like to spend as little as possible until then, maybe some brocolli around Thurs, I know how to live x

Meal plan

YS lamb mince in tomato/garlic/basil sauce, basics pasta, salad, Aldi garlic bread.

YS turkey steaks chopped into curry with onion, carrot and mushroom, Basics rice and YS spring rolls.

Fishfingers, baked potatoes, veg or beans.

YS Sausage and mash, veg

YS prawn, Iceland cod and salmon in fish pie

YS beef spicy casserole with rice.

All hopefully quick and easy, if a little basic but as I work full time, it will have to do :)
  • Cambs85
    Cambs85 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    NSD today! And to top it off we were given some free Bramley apples so I can make a dessert tonight!
    GC Sept '13: £249.05/£250, NSDs: 9/7!! :j
    GC Oct '13 £236.00/ £250, NSDs: 13/9!
    GC Nov '13 £5.72/ £250, NSDs: /10
  • dramarama
    Options
    Spent £15 in Sainsbobs yesterday and £24.40 in Mr T's today. Today's shop included £6 spend on cat food!!! Also had a £2 off voucher so felt slightly better...OH was with me so spent a little more.
    Mmm...marrow...reminds me of marrow and sausage meat...I was brought up on that!
    We did go foraging and got a big tub of blackberries yesterday so it's homemade blackberry and apple crumble for pud today.
    Happy Sunday everyone :)
    Married in 2016. Bought our first home in 2017. Expecting our first baby in November 2017
    :):):)
    Frugal & thrifty as much as possible.
    ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills