PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Sequeena
    Sequeena Posts: 4,728 Forumite
    Options
    £4.96 in Aldi on a pack of baby wipes, sweet potatoes, red grapes and a bottle of rinse aid. Will update sig :money:
    Wife and mother :j
    Grocery budget
    April week 1 - £42.78 | week 2 - £53.05
    24lbs in 12 weeks 15/24
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Done my meal plan for next week. I don't think the spend will be enough for an online shop as I am using a lot of the stuff I brought this week so will pop to mr Ts tomorrow. Note to self must STICK TO THE LIST.
  • Cambs85
    Cambs85 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    Almost had an NSD today, but spent 88p on 3 apples and 29p on a potato! Last of the big spenders! Lol! Will update sig!
    GC Sept '13: £249.05/£250, NSDs: 9/7!! :j
    GC Oct '13 £236.00/ £250, NSDs: 13/9!
    GC Nov '13 £5.72/ £250, NSDs: /10
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    CH27 wrote: »
    It really does.

Thanks to everyone here i've halved my spending this week :j

That's great, well done! :beer:
  • Mrs-s_4
    Mrs-s_4 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    NSD today for me! Will definitely need to go to the village tomorrow for loo roll, bread, pop and possibly lunch box bits but that will be it til Tuesday then :)
    January Grocery challenge - £165.31/£350
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    aliwali wrote: »
    First week complete and £8.70 over budget but I do have some of the meat for next week so should hopefully claw it back. I haven't had to compromise on my mainly free-range/organic stance either which I am pleased about. It's definitely hard though being so careful! I have downloaded an app to track the spending which is working well for me so far.
    Hi I'd be interested to know what app you use please? I 've got one on my phone that I don't seem to get on with I think is called money envolopes. I have also tried myspending diary, but I find with this if you ever get money back from something there isn't a way to reflect that.

Ditto! I was looking the other week at apps to keep track of spends but couldn't seem to find one that looked user friendly.

So I've been in town shopping today but spends stayed low and lunch was at an all you can eat chinese buffet so tea tonight will probably be toast ! I now need to go back to my Mr T order and delete all the extras I've ordered (and don't need!!)
  • Billie-jo
    Billie-jo Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    Options
    Spent £10.69 today on salad, fruit & veg should be enough veg to last till next Thursday but unsure if the fruit will last that long. Total now up to £54.05 bit more than I would like it to be at this point.

We had some leek and pork sausages today for lunch but although the flavour was nice I wasn't keen on the texture so wont be buying those again. They were a new recipe from local butcher.

Trying to decide whether to make egg custard or rice pudding tomorrow - decisions - decisions :rotfl:
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • strandedinaber
    Options
    I'm a bit late but would like to join in with this please! My food shop is by far my biggest expense after rent so I'd like to cut this way down; I found my shopping bill went up by as much as a third when I started buying organic or British only wherever possible so it's time to start figuring out where I can tighten things up without changing these habits. Could I please be listed as £200 for September? Already spent £69.70 of it (went on a huge baking spree while staying with family so had to get all my storecupboard staples again) so I'm aiming for £130 for the rest of the month. Should be doable!
    Novuna personal finance 0% 4-year £518/£1866
    M&S credit card 0% 18 months £413.12/£4216.58
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,960 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    NSD here.
    We had roast sweet potatoes + chicken/mushroom pasty + roasted beetroot, pepper, red onion & tomato for dinner.
    I made a Nectarine Crumble with some fruit from the freezer. Also did a JJ's Herby Cheese Bread but - Put it in the oven and saw the beaten egg in a cup on the worktop! Grabbed it out of the oven - turfed it in to a bowl - mixed in the egg + stuck it back in the oven. It was too wet - hence the shape - smells good - let you know what it tastes like.
    I just was not concentrating - thinking about the house renovations.
    Saturdaysdinner_zps4d86cfc2.jpg
    Nectarinecrumble_zps6a692de5.jpg
    JJsherbyCheeseBread_zps56726062.jpg
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 3129 May - 17/10
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £58.56/£100 NSD - 84
    2024 Craft Makes - 213 Craft Spends 2024 £312.42/£500
  • aradesh
    Options
    So spent £62.46 in the first week. At least it's under £10/day. Will see if we can do a bit better next week.

My girlfriend has been given an enormous marrow from someone who grows them, and we fully intend to use it, but we have no clue what we can do with it... Any ideas? Marrow sandwiches?
    Extra money made jun 19: £16.07

Extra money made jul 19: £0.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family